Alright, now that we have a forum in business. Lets get a thread going of who is joining and what you are building.

Please try to keep this thread clean of questions about other people's entires. Try to keep it to:

Manufacturer/Scale/Kit

Aftermarket

Reference picture of your aircraft?

Any interesting facts about your build.

I will start:

Hasegawa 1/48 F-4G (that's been 20% done for about a year)

True Details Seats

TwoMikes QF-4 Conversion

Twobobs QF-4G Team Target Decals

Also will be building either a JASDF or HAF RF-4E...haven't decided exactly yet! :cheers:

-AW

Edited by AnthonyWan

I'm going to list three entries. Although given my build rate, only one might get done. If I finish two it will be a small miracle. These are the top three I am selecting for now though.

#1 Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4B (building it as an "R"F-4C)

Aftermarket used either Black Box RF-4 cockpit or True Details F-4C cockpit in combination with kit panels and KMC unslotted stabs. Decals will be from Superscale 48-143 sheet featuring 173 TRS/155 TRG Nebraska ANG markings (probably 64-050 with the green and gold Lincoln rudder as opposed to the 81 "Photo Finish" meet markings). Might use Aries Exhausts as well (don't have those yet)

#2 Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J converted to N model.

Aftermarket bits will be whatever needed to convert the model and not much more (hopefully bits scrounged from other kits in stash). Decals used will be for a QF-4N drone 153030 at NAS Point Mugu in 1999 as found on Aeromaster sheet 48-705.

#3 either Italeri/Esci 1/48 F-4N to build Iranian IRIAF F-4D.

Aftermarket used will be leftover resin bits from the Black Box or True Details resin pits used for the RF-4C build. Other bits scrounged from other sources as needed (such as unslotted stabs). Decals used will be from Diego's new F-4C/D sheet.

Edited by Jay Chladek

I think I said what I am building somewhere else........

Anywho.

1/72 Hasegawa RF-4E Black tiger OOB

1/48 Hasegawa RF-4E Airdoc tiger

1/48 Hasegawa F-4C Alabama ANG superscale

1/48 Hasegawa F-4EJ Blue and blue OOB.

And then I'll (might)do some more depending on how my other group builds go.

#1 Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4B (building it as an F-4C)

Aftermarket used either Black Box RF-4 cockpit or True Details F-4C cockpit in combination with kit panels and KMC unslotted stabs. Decals will be from Superscale 48-143 sheet featuring 173 TRS/155 TRG Nebraska ANG markings (probably 64-050 with the green and gold Lincoln rudder as opposed to the 81 "Photo Finish" meet markings). Might use Aries Exhausts as well (don't have those yet)

Hey Jay,Would that be an RF-4C???? :cheers:

If not, I applaud you on such an undertaking.

Curt

I might as well join too, not to copy Anthony but I'll be doing a F-4E.

TwoMikes QF-4 Conversion

Twobobs QF-4 Heritage Decals

And if I go way out on a limb, I'll be doing my Signature A/C, IDF/AF F-4E #109

Curt

Edited by Netz

1/48 Hasegawa F-4J

Aires cockpit

Aires exhaust nozzles

Fox One decal for VF-114 MiG killer

1/48 Hasegawa Phantom FGR Mk.2

Eduard PE

Aires MB Mk7 ejection seats

CAM decal for XV424 Alcock and Brown 60th anniversary

Edited by brahio

First one I'm planning is the F-4J of VX-4 in the multi colour BiCentennial scheme, using a Hasegawa kit OOB, except for Quickboost seats, and the old Superscale decal sheet. I know it's been done a few times (I even did it many years ago), but it will look good at Telford. It is 2% done, as the cockpit has been sprayed grey in preperation.

I will update with future builds as I go.

This is my second GB on ARC, the last F-4 GB being my first.

Once I finish the A-10 GB, I'll play in this one too.

Either a 1/48 Hasegawa FGR 2 or a 1/48 Revell F4-J. OOB. Not sure what markings will be applied.

Mike

Alright, I am in. However, be advised that I have not built a jet kit in a dogs age (more of a prop guy myself) and no Phantom in about seven years! So don’t be too hard on me as I screw this one up :unsure: !

Here’s my kit, and it needs no introduction (1/72 scale):

F-4Box.jpg

I bought this kit when it first came out years ago (for the massive sum of $16!), as you can tell by the wear on the box. I am a tad concerned about the fit of the intakes as I am told they are the weak spot on this kit. Time will tell I suppose.

I am not 100% sure on the markings as of yet, but I am leaning towards a VMFA-531 F-4N Serial# 152323

Progress pictures to follow in a few days.

Cheers all!

Edited by Don

I'm in with one to start ......

Israeli F-4E(S)

Hasegawa 1/48

AirDoc F-4E(S) conversion

Black Box seats

Cutting Edge decals

Have a few others I would like to do as well ...... let's see if I can get the first one done before committing to more :-)

- Scott

I'm in

1/48 Hasegawa F-4EJ

True Details seats

Aeromaster "Japanese Phantoms" sheet (that I finally found after years of searching)

At least, thats my plan at this time. As I start into the Phantom stash, I may change my mind...

I am a tad concerned about the fit of the intakes as I am told they are the weak spot on this kit. Time will tell I suppose.

I've built over 100 Hasegawa 1/72nd Phantoms, and the intakes are no real problem The best thing to do is use a slow setting liquid poly cement and slide the outer intake section into place adjusting to get a good fit. It's not going to be perfect, and seems to change model by model. Once done, I use superglue to fill, but remember the joint is on a panel line, so there is no need to fill smooth.

Any questions, I would be happy to do a series of photos to help you if that would be of any help.

Ted

I've built over 100 Hasegawa 1/72nd Phantoms, and the intakes are no real problem The best thing to do is use a slow setting liquid poly cement and slide the outer intake section into place adjusting to get a good fit. It's not going to be perfect, and seems to change model by model. Once done, I use superglue to fill, but remember the joint is on a panel line, so there is no need to fill smooth.

Any questions, I would be happy to do a series of photos to help you if that would be of any help.

Ted

Well this is indeed good news! I had read somewhere that the intakes did not fit all that well. So reading your post builds up my confidence level :thumbsup: . I will probably be taking you up on your offer for answering questions too.

Thanks.

Cheers!

Don

I decided to jump in as well - my first GB here (and I haven't finished anything in ages), so please be gentle :nanner:

Hasegawa 1/72 F-4E IDF/AF

Haven't decided on aftermarket and such just yet - I'll see what turns up at MosquitoCon this weekend.

I'm in!

I'll start with a Has F-4S, Eduard Color PE, MAW Decals Sierra Hotel Sierras 48-006 VMFA-232 and maybe some resin intakes if I can find them.

If there is time, I'll do a Has 1/48 F-4E, 57th FIS Bare Metal Decals, aftermarket TBD.

FYI, I've never built a 1/48 F-4, but be prepared to be blown away by the quality of my build. I grantee you will be amazed :nanner:

It's still 4/1 right? :lol:

Cool Hand jumping in.

Hasegawa F-4J Phantom II

Black Box cocpit, Cutting Edge seamless intakes, AeroMaster Decals Phancy Phantoms Pt. VI

vf84f4jroosevelt.jpg

Model will be displayed in flight.

Cheers :thumbsup:

-Chris

Very strange, my post disappeared!

posted immediatly behind Anthony, wrote a short text about the markings etc but all gone... darn :s

Oh well, let's try again I guess:

Kit: Hasegawa 1/72nd F-4J 'Liberty Bell' special edition

Markings: 155754 as 'Motion 2' from VMFA-232 'Red Devils during their '72/3 deployment to Nam Phong, Thailand

Aftermarket:

Eduard 'Big Ed' package for the F-4J

Fox One 'USMC Phantoms in S.E. Asia, Part 2' decals

Aires exhausts (that's a maybe, depends how well the PE parts will work out)

Gene K's seamless intake templates (not really aftermarket but since he designed that template
:thumbsup:
)

Armed with Sparrows and Sidewinders, 4 of each, this Phantom lead a flight of 4 on a BARCAP during the Linebacker raids. Trying to draw the attention from the MiGs away from the bombers. While flying 550 kts at 100 ft, they flew over 2 MiG airbases. They also turned some sampans over on the Red River with the shockwaves from flying so fast. The mission was one of the first times the Marines got out to challenge the MiGs and fight them. No enemy MiGs were sighted though.

Here's how it looks like (different aircraft though)

Very strange, my post disappeared!

posted immediatly behind Anthony, wrote a short text about the markings etc but all gone... darn :s

Oh well, let's try again I guess:

Kit: Hasegawa 1/72nd F-4J 'Liberty Bell' special edition

Markings: 155754 as 'Motion 2' from VMFA-232 'Red Devils during their '72/3 deployment to Nam Phong, Thailand

Aftermarket:

Eduard 'Big Ed' package for the F-4J

Fox One 'USMC Phantoms in S.E. Asia, Part 2' decals

Aires exhausts (that's a maybe, depends how well the PE parts will work out)

Gene K's seamless intake templates (not really aftermarket but since he designed that template
:thumbsup:
)

Armed with Sparrows and Sidewinders, 4 of each, this Phantom lead a flight of 4 on a BARCAP during the Linebacker raids. Trying to draw the attention from the MiGs away from the bombers. While flying 550 kts at 100 ft, they flew over 2 MiG airbases. They also turned some sampans over on the Red River with the shockwaves from flying so fast. The mission was one of the first times the Marines got out to challenge the MiGs and fight them. No enemy MiGs were sighted though.

Here's how it looks like (different aircraft though)

Ah yes, I had a minor technical difficulty with the 'pin topic' buttons...I accidentally deleted the whole thread :thumbsup:

Any now back to our regular programming :D