Built up 1/32 Eurofighter Typhoon photos

Looks interesting. Glad to see them posted on the official Trumpy site, it must only mean the kit is coming to the stores soon.

Not that matters to the final product, but with the unfilled pylon holes and slats gaps, don't you think the model was a bit sloppily built?

Terry

Yeah I hear you man. Some Mr. Surfacer and that guy should be good to go.

Probably going to the UK next month and I'll be able to see one on the production line up close and personal hopefully!

Normally i'm first on the queue for Trumpter 32nd jets, but this one I'm passing on , partly the rivet work is overdone - no real suprise, but Wrong, the real thing is pretty well rivet free , I've seen the real thing up close and personal and theer are large slabs of fusalage/wing skins that are panel line and fastner free, let alone covered in rivets

and secondly Revell have announced their own 32nd Typhoon for later in the year , and based on their excellent 48th scale kit , I'm prepared to bet its going to be better , and cheaper that the Trumpter effort

Not a bashing of Trumpter , really its not , ist just in this case there will be an alternative , and I'm prepared to wait for it to appear befor laying down the thick end of £100 for a kit that's not as good as it could be ...

Cue the fight ...... :)

The rivets, believe it or not, are OK, so long as they aren't too large / deep.

As for the kit overall, urgh!

Leaving aside the incorrect paint job (I'll let them off for that) the cockpit doesn't look correct, the engine nozzles are pretty poor and that PIRATE sensor just awful. The radar is wrong (thankfully), the DASS pods are totally incorrect (what's with the huge scoop underneath? It looks nothing like that on the real jet), they've completely omitted the APU exhaust outlet and the rear fuselage is far far too square. What's with that ladder? There's a whole panel that has to open before that can come down. The grills on the side above the intake are completely wrong as well. Very poor.

I'm not impressed at all. At £95 rrp that is, quite frankly, a rip off and much worse than I had expected after seeing the sprue shots. Save your money and see what Revell come up with. If theirs is an upscaling of their 1/48th offering it will be ten times better than this and half the price.

Oh man that's a good sign........hopefully the next built-up items we'll see

on their site will be the harrier and the stringbag (since we've seen test shots of the sprues on these)!

Crank 'em out Trumpy.....crank 'em out!

Edited by Firecaptain
Don't know if this has been posted before.

HERE

Mark

Thanks for the link :crying2:

Now I'm normally very much in the "it looks right" camp (and have a stack of Trump kits waiting to build), but I'm currently working on Revell's 48th scale version and I had high hopes for a 1/32 addition to my shelf, but.... just no..... <venting>looks like someone took a Eurofighter then fed it till its bum went big, square and flabby and then performed accupuncture with chopsticks! And don't get me started on the cockpit</venting>

Oh well, keeps the aftermarket happy!

Probably one to file under "some modelling skill required"....

Fingers crossed for a good Revell 1/32nd version....

Right, back under my stone!

Jamie

Edit (to make this less of an unsupported rant):

Trumpeter Site

20091198152.jpg

David Watson's walkaround Source

29.jpg

Trumpeter Site

200911981457.jpg

Bredow used under fair use

Eurofighter_3.JPG

Also here, non mock-up cockpit.

Edited by Flying Penguin

Cool to see one in 1/32.

I have to admit, though......that model screams "someone please super detail me".....it just looks so darn plain. It looks really light on the detail compared to some of Trumpeter's other stuff.

Since I've never seen one in real life, maybe they are that plain. I'd like to think there are more than a few ways to dress that model up.

JED

I have to admit, though......that model screams "someone please super detail me".....it just looks so darn plain. It looks really light on the detail compared to some of Trumpeter's other stuff.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Having looked at the pics VERY carefully and compared them to the pics of the real one in my files........does something not look right about the canopy and windscreen?? I can't put my finger on it but it looks off.

Like most others here, I will wait on Revell and see where the chips fall.

Honestly this one looked pretty nice as a test shot on the sprues in Virginia Beach last summer. I knew it was heavy riveted but had not seen the other problem areas.

Having looked at the pics VERY carefully and compared them to the pics of the real one in my files........does something not look right about the canopy and windscreen?? I can't put my finger on it but it looks off.

Like most others here, I will wait on Revell and see where the chips fall.

Honestly this one looked pretty nice as a test shot on the sprues in Virginia Beach last summer. I knew it was heavy riveted but had not seen the other problem areas.

Canopy, windshield, PIRATE, SLATS are all wrong.

Slats are always closed on ground. Only the first few IPA airframes had slats down due to a bug in the software, now fixed.

I will wait for Revell one.

rciot2.jpg

I wouldn't sweat the slats so much. They can just be glued shut. There are a number of kits, not to mention conversions, that provided the option of extended flaps, despite the fact that in the real world, they were rarely seen deployed on the ground.

I do like the panel line details, but I guess if Bobski doesn't like it overall, I won't. :salute:

Haha, whether or not that is a compliment, I will take it as such :worship:

The windscreen is too close to the radome and the frame is far too deep.

On top of my previous points, here are a few others I've noted

The flare dispensers are incorrect. The tubes are too narrow and should be oriented rearwards

The front AMRAAM stations are incorrectly aligned and there are no launchers in the stations.

There should be no panel/flap over the leading edge actuator.

The Airbrake hinge point is too close to the canopy

The radome joint is too close to the canopy

No refuelling point

The windscreen is too close to the radome and the frame is far too deep.

Hmmm,....

Thanks for the link. These are the first shots I've seen of one built up.

Initial impressions are n't too good I'm afraid. Let me say that I'm no Typhoon expert so stand to be corrected but I've certainly seen my fair share on the pan at Coningsby.

I'd say that Trumpeter have fashioned the windshield in the same manner as their original Flanker release. It appears to have a curved longitudinal cross-section in the same way the Su-27B windshield did.

Oh well, at least it's a starting point........

(~sigh~)

:worship:

Trumpeter Site

20091198152.jpg

David Watson's walkaround Source

29.jpg

Looking at these two photos it strikes me that whoever assembled the Trumpeter website example may have installed the fuselage parts (painted silver) immediately behind the exhaust nozzles upside-down. If not, then installing them upside-down (i.e. not as the picture) may be a fix.

Not that it matters as 1:32 is too large a scale for me - I have space problems as it is with 1:48!!!

:worship:

Darius