Eduard's MiG-21: it changed from bits to steel

Kinda hard to tell anything from the pics provided. Is this an all-new tooling or a revision of an existing kit? What variant will it represent? Price point USD? I really like the Mirage they did, so I hope it's along that line.

Kinda hard to tell anything from the pics provided. Is this an all-new tooling or a revision of an existing kit? What variant will it represent? Price point USD? I really like the Mirage they did, so I hope it's along that line.

All new tooling, plans I have heard to do every 3rd Generation variant from the MF onward including two seaters. The first one I have heard changed from the Czech Mig-21MF to be I believe a 'Warsaw Pact' boxing. The 3rd Generation consists of the MF, Bis and SMT models - with the recce and training variants. If they do well, a 2nd Generation is possible - and those are the PF and PFM variants. The earliest 1st Generation Mig-21s do not seem to be on thier radar as it sounds like Trumpeter/Hobbyboss will release them in the next couple of years - just depends upons whose brand it is released under. The 1st Generation are the Mig-21F, F-13 and Chinese J-7 variants.

Here is a thread concerning them that mostly wrapped up earlier this year. One thing to note, there are discussions about an Eduard Phantom - but in the last newsletter it sounds as if they have placed it on a back burner. I interpret that may mean someone else is doing a new Phantom in the time frame that Eduard was planning thiers

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....03159&st=40

All new tooling, plans I have heard to do every 3rd Generation variant from the MF onward including two seaters. The first one I have heard changed from the Czech Mig-21MF to be I believe a 'Warsaw Pact' boxing. The 3rd Generation consists of the MF, Bis and SMT models - with the recce and training variants. If they do well, a 2nd Generation is possible - and those are the PF and PFM variants. The earliest 1st Generation Mig-21s do not seem to be on thier radar as it sounds like Trumpeter/Hobbyboss will release them in the next couple of years - just depends upons whose brand it is released under. The 1st Generation are the Mig-21F, F-13 and Chinese J-7 variants.

Here is a thread concerning them that mostly wrapped up earlier this year. One thing to note, there are discussions about an Eduard Phantom - but in the last newsletter it sounds as if they have placed it on a back burner. I interpret that may mean someone else is doing a new Phantom in the time frame that Eduard was planning thiers

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....03159&st=40

I hope a "Warsaw Pact" boxing does mean Soviet AF too! Somehow I like Russian iron best with red stars!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprise this info about Eduard's new MiG-21 did not generate more interest? I hope this kit will be a big success for them.

May be it will lead to more Russian jets like the MiG-29 and Su-27. I rather see Eduard do them then some company from China.

Brad

May be it will lead to more Russian jets like the MiG-29 and Su-27. I rather see Eduard do them then some company from China.

The latest jet model tooled by Eduard was released in 2005 (1/48 Mirage IIIC). Spitfires, Hellcats, Bf-109s, Fw-190s and WWI subjects make mo' money ? Next Eduard tooled jet kit in 2015 ?

Edited by Laurent
The latest jet model tooled by Eduard was released in 2005 (1/48 Mirage IIIC). Spitfires, Hellcats, Bf-109s, Fw-190s and WWI subjects make mo' money ? Next Eduard tooled jet kit in 2015 ?

No, a 1/72 and 1/48 MiG-23 family in late 2011.

I hope :sunrevolves:

Nice any idea when the release date is?Thanks.

I'm sure Eduard don't even know the answer to that question. With plastic kits, you don't set a "release date" and then work backward from it. Things get done at the speed they get done, and when all the required things are done, *then* you release the kit. They might have a general idea what quarter of the year, but beyond that there's simply no way they can know a date. And even (as we often see) the estimate turns out to be wildly inaccurate due to multiple circumstances beyond anyone's control.

J

Exactly J - and as of my last conversation with Vlad it was to be out LATE this year - but don't quote me or him on that topic. Like Jennings says, it's not an exact science. The Czech MFN is first, not sure of the plans or release schedule beyond that one - given that they've been releasing their 1/32 109Es over the last several months (almost a year and a half), I suspect it'll take at least that long for them to get through the MiG-21 family - even just the 3rd gen subjects.

Exactly J - and as of my last conversation with Vlad it was to be out LATE this year - but don't quote me or him on that topic. Like Jennings says, it's not an exact science. The Czech MFN is first, not sure of the plans or release schedule beyond that one - given that they've been releasing their 1/32 109Es over the last several months (almost a year and a half), I suspect it'll take at least that long for them to get through the MiG-21 family - even just the 3rd gen subjects.

According to the 2010 Eduard catalogue the plan was to issue a limited edition MF first (with Czech and Slovak decals I suppose), followed by two regular Profipack releases: 8232 MiG-21MF and 8233 MiG-21SMT.

But I read somewhere that plan was shelved, and a Warsaw Pact MF was the first to be released at the end of the year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't mind waiting a few extra months if that means they get the details right.

But I read somewhere that plan was shelved, and a Warsaw Pact MF was the first to be released at the end of the year. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Perhaps the answer is in page 29 of this but I don't read Czech.

Perhaps the answer is in page 29 of this but I don't read Czech.

Yes the first will be MiG-21MF in Czech colurs,"very limited series"(how limited it can be?:)50 000 copies?:thumbsup:

Any news about Zvezda MiG-21 series?We are still waiting for MiG-21MF,U/US/UM...

I'm surprise this info about Eduard's new MiG-21 did not generate more interest? I hope this kit will be a big success for them.

Maybe we are tired of waiting:)?

Look at him.

work.2707279.4.papergc,441x415,w,ffffff.v4.jpg

He is waiting for promissed 1/72 plastic Gnat F Mk.1 , Trumpeter Flanker series,

New tool Zvezda Mi-24,Mi-2,MiG-21PF,MF,UM... ,

and 1/48 : MiG-23MLD, new tool flankers family ....

Of do not forgot KP MiG-23BN or this one:

http://russianwings.org/forum/viewtopic.ph...mp;t=4341#p8159

Edited by flanker
Any news about Zvezda MiG-21 series?We are still waiting for MiG-21MF,U/US/UM...

I'm afraid it will never happen. Their thing seems to be 1/72 and 1/48 WWII stuff now and they are very good at it.

He is waiting for promissed 1/72 plastic Gnat F Mk.1

I'd love a T1 personally. More elegant than the F1... but I'm not ex-Yugoslav of course :crying2: )

I'm afraid it will never happen. Their thing seems to be 1/72 and 1/48 WWII stuff now and they are very good at it.

I am just hoping that they will make U/US/UM in 1/72

Hi i can tranSlate it :) - in first time plan was a special czechoslovakian limited edition of Mig 21MF(with MFN) but there planes was changed and now is first "guy for shawing :)" an international MiG-21MF in Profipack edition.

Edited by AlCZ
Hi i can tranlate it :) - in first time plan was a special czechoslovakian limited edition of Mig 21MF(with MFN) but there planes was changed and now is first "guy for shawing :)" an international MiG-21MF in Profipack edition.

Thanks ! I hope that the box will offer non-Warsaw Pact markings.

Thanks ! I hope that the box will offer non-Warsaw Pact markings.

I think it's fairly safe to say that within weeks to months, every single scheme ever applied to a real MiG-21 will be available as a decal for the Eduard kit.

J

• 3 weeks later...