Take your pic from a wide variaty of options!:

http://web.me.com/lorenmadsen/endings/pick_a_year.html

Cheers,

Andre

I still take it that we're still open to being doomed by the "Solara Antara Ama-Raa" on December 31st. OK...That's just wayyyyy to many "A"s in that name. I've got my stash, and my photography, that's enlightenment enough.

2019 on the other hand is making me kinda sweat. 2002NT7 predicted to "smash" into earth. That's one hella big asteroid and just an year after I get my damned 600mm f/4 too. Sheesh!!! Gotta make that year count then. :woot.gif:

Edited by The_Animal

I predict the end of the world will be next Thursday. Y'all send me about $24.7 million dollars just in case though, okay? And quit your jobs. I've done the calculations, trust me on this!

I predict the end of the world will be next Thursday. Y'all send me about $24.7 million dollars just in case though, okay? And quit your jobs. I've done the calculations, trust me on this!

:action-smiley-081:

Yeah, Jennings. How about you give me $15,000...and I'll take a picture of a Macaque giving you the finger with my new 600mm f/4. :P :monkeydance:

You and your mother...

I do undertand that a Vogon Constructor Fleet is headed this way, as the earth needs to be demolished in order to make way for a new hyper-space bypass.

Hope they don't try to read us any of their poetry!

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Figures that the end of the world would be for road construction...

Now I see the old sheister is claiming "oops! I was mistaken; the Rapture will actually happen in October!"

Can we say "let us PREY . . . to the tune of another 15 million bucks" on his hapless/dimwit followers?????

This kind of thing stops being funny when it starts ruining people's lives.

And one more thing:

THIS LIFE IS ALL THERE IS!!!! There is no heaven; there is no hell. When our time is up here, that's all we're gonna get. If justice is to be done, it must be done here and now. So, live the best life you can in the time you have; live a good, ethical, compassionate, wise, abundant life; enjoy the beauty of this amazing planet that is our ONLY HOME, now and always; love to the fullest and be loved, so that when your conscious existence comes to an end as it inevitably will, those who remain will remember you with fondness. That is the only immortality there is.

Sorry, I'm just a little bit p***ed off right now. Putting up with superstitious/sanctimonious idiots tends to wear rather thin.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

love to the fullest and be loved... those who remain will remember you with fondness...

Sorry, I'm just a little bit p***ed off right now. Putting up with superstitious/sanctimonious idiots tends to wear rather thin.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Oh yeah, great job showing that "love to the fullest". I don't ever recall a Christian here calling you an idiot, but I guess that's just your love showing through huh? :thumbsup:

Bill

Alas! The world did not come to an end a few days ago.

But never fear, we have an other opportunity to experience the ride of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

The reverend Howard Camping has just explained that he was just four months early with his prediction. The world absolutely, positively will come to an end this September.

Oh, I am so relieved!

Rev. Camping is 89 years old and at that age he has nothing to fear. Or maybe he has nothing new to look forward to? I guess he wants to go out with a bang and take the rest of us with him.

Stephen

BTW, just for the record. Howard Camping is NOT a reverend or a minister of any kind. He never claims to be. He is an entrepenuer and he's actually denounced organized religion saying the individual should study the Bible on their own and of course "Listen to his broadcast for HIS interpretations". So all these people saying THIS is what organized religion is all about should know that he is NOT speaking for any organized Christian religion, he is actually speaking in contrary to it. Just so you know.

Bill

BTW, just for the record. Howard Camping is NOT a reverend or a minister of any kind. He never claims to be. He is an entrepenuer and he's actually denounced organized religion saying the individual should study the Bible on their own and of course "Listen to his broadcast for HIS interpretations". So all these people saying THIS is what organized religion is all about should know that he is NOT speaking for any organized Christian religion, he is actually speaking in contrary to it. Just so you know.

Bill

Exactly. Two things were obvious to me from the get go when I stumbled upon this on the web: first, he has NO clue when it come to understanding the Text, second he's got a personal (read $) stake in this........

It's really sad the sheeple that uncritically consumed that message......

You know, people with sincerely held beliefs of all faiths have enough issues to deal with when confronted by non believers.

First thing that comes to mind is the person being told religion is a crutch, for the simpleminded etc....

Then this clown comes along and gives even more ammo to insult believers.

I have faith, I have spirituality, but this, I, nor do any other believers need.

Go home, quit insulting God, and giving ANYONE with faith a black eye.

Clowns like this make all real people look stupid. Both believers in faith, agnostics and atheists

After all, he is unfortunately human as well.

I don't ever recall a Christian here calling you an idiot, but I guess that's just your love showing through huh? :thumbsup:

Bill

Uhhh, technically, that's not true; a former ARC member who shall remain nameless called me and lots of other people idiots--frankly anybody who didn't cowtow to his bigoted belief system. He was subsequently banned from the boards, much to just about everyone's relief.

You need to read what I wrote more carefully. I did not identify the denomination or creed of those superstitious/sanctimonious idiots--you simply jumped to a conclusion, connecting dots that did not exist.

Secondly, when I said "love to the fullest and be loved" I did not say WHO one should love, as that is a very personal choice; but, basically, this referred to family, friends, a spouse perhaps or children. If one wants to try and love everybody including his/her enemies that's his/her choice. It doesn't happen to be my choice, as in my experience (and. admittedly I am something of an amiable misanthrope) people who claim to have never met a person they didn't like, don't get out much.

I stated my beliefs. I regret any offense you might infer from them, but I nonetheless stand by them.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Uhhh, technically, that's not true; a former ARC member who shall remain nameless called me and lots of other people idiots--frankly anybody who didn't cowtow to his bigoted belief system. He was subsequently banned from the boards, much to just about everyone's relief.

You need to read what I wrote more carefully. I did not identify the denomination or creed of those superstitious/sanctimonious idiots--you simply jumped to a conclusion, connecting dots that did not exist.

Secondly, when I said "love to the fullest and be loved" I did not say WHO one should love, as that is a very personal choice; but, basically, this referred to family, friends, a spouse perhaps or children. If one wants to try and love everybody including his/her enemies that's his/her choice. It doesn't happen to be my choice, as in my experience (and. admittedly I am something of an amiable misanthrope) people who claim to have never met a person they didn't like, don't get out much.

I stated my beliefs. I regret any offense you might infer from them, but I nonetheless stand by them.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

You're absolutely right, I probably did jump to conclusions. It just sounded an aweful lot like the typical "I'm so much smarter than these diluted simpletons because I only have faith in what I can see...because I'm smart" that we Christians get thrown at us all the time. As for whoever called you an idiot, well they were wrong. The worst way to try to convince someone what we believe is true is to call them an idiot for not believing it. Kind of a practice/preach thing.

And yes, I agree, you can't LIKE everyone. Love and like are two totatlly different things though, so while I may not like a person's ways, I still have love for them. but that's my choice.

We're all good. I just wanted to point out what your statement sounded like.

Bill

If you believe or not, the whole line in the book was more or less this very simplified...

"No man shall know the day of end of days. While you live, be good to each other."

As in be good all the time to everybody or you could go to heck tomorrow for the bad you did yesterday because your time is limited.

Sort of like Moms and Dads and Santa.

There really isn't much of a way to turn it into what he said unless you have 'issues' in the first place.

quit insulting God

Perhaps I have a simplistic view, but if God is the omniscient and omnipotent creator of the universe, does he care if someone (whom he is supposed to have created) insults him? Is it possible to insult him? To me that's like saying "defend God". Of all creatures, beings, or what have you, God is probably the *last* one that needs defending.

Just saying..

Perhaps I have a simplistic view, but if God is the omniscient and omnipotent creator of the universe, does he care if someone (whom he is supposed to have created) insults him? Is it possible to insult him? To me that's like saying "defend God". Of all creatures, beings, or what have you, God is probably the *last* one that needs defending.

Just saying..

Yes you are correct...you do.

Does a parent care if their child insults them? Just because they have power over and were the ones that brought the child into this world that doesn't mean they don't wish for respect and love from that child. There's very little difference.

But that's a whole 'nuther discussion. This thread is about a specific loon. Not those who you all also feel are loons... :woot.gif:

Word is, he was off by 5 months this time. New end o' the world is now Oct. 21st! Phew :OMG-OMG:, I was really trying to get these builds done, I could really use an extra 5 months! :rolleyes: