Don't know... sometimes I think trump sends kits to one distributor and not others - or some get it early, or some late...

Anyways, This will be one Trump Su-27 variant I'll probably be getting. For the others, I'm perfectly content to wait for Zvezda's...

Man, I really hope an MKI/MKM variant is coming up soon.

Was it in Trumpeter's list of releases ??? - I can't remember......

The MKK is a simple change from their existing UB - new fins, a twin nosewheel, offset IRST & IFR probe.

To be even more accurate they should also provide new instrument panels.

Although, thinking about it, the upper fuselage moulding should be different from the the UB - in order to incorporate the IFR recess and IRST shoulder - anyone got the UB yet to compare???

The MKI/MKM/MKA would require a complete new fuselage moulding with canards - as well as new fins etc.

Anyway, I've ordered two of the MKK's - we'll see what they are like when they arrive.

Ken

The MKK is a simple change from their existing UB - new fins, a twin nosewheel, offset IRST & IFR probe.

Although, thinking about it, the upper fuselage moulding should be different from the the UB - in order to incorporate the IFR recess and IRST shoulder - anyone got the UB yet to compare???

The MKI/MKM/MKA would require a complete new fuselage moulding with canards - as well as new fins etc.

Anyway, I've ordered two of the MKK's - we'll see what they are like when they arrive.

Ken

Hi Ken!

It should be possible to make a Venezuelan Su-30 with the new kit - no conversion needed right? I have the Begemoth decals burning a hole in my waiting projects' folder... In that case I'm not going to build a FrankenSu-30 out of the Italeri SeaFlanker and the Airfix Su-27 !

Hi Ken!

It should be possible to make a Venezuelan Su-30 with the new kit - no conversion needed right?

Yup - straight from the box in fact - plus the Begemot decals.

You should also be able to make a RusAF Su-30M2/M3, plus an Indonesian, Ugandan or Vietnamese Su-30MK2

I've already started a Venezuelan conversion using the Heller Su-27UB - it's part of the stalled 'Four Flankers' build I was doing a few months back.

I must get back to Flankers, I must get back to Flankers, I must get back to Flankers..........

Ken

Ken,

I have the 1/72 Trumpeter Su-27UB here... what photos do you need ?

Cheers

Ken

Ken,

I have the 1/72 Trumpeter Su-27UB here... what photos do you need ?

Cheers

Hi Alex,

Some good sprue shots - plus the decal sheet - in fact, all of it - plus a short review re accuracy etc.

Is the upper fuselage moulding one piece - or have they provided a new front end to provide IFR/IRST - as in the Eduard/Academy Su-27UB/Su-30MKK ??

Cheers

Ken

Hi Alex,

Some good sprue shots - plus the decal sheet - in fact, all of it - plus a short review re accuracy etc.

Is the upper fuselage moulding one piece - or have they provided a new front end to provide IFR/IRST - as in the Eduard/Academy Su-27UB/Su-30MKK ??

Cheers

Ken

Trumpeter has had some sprue and decal shots for the 1/72 Su-27UB on their site:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/a/en/product/fly/1_72_Series/2012/0407/2101.html

and Hobby Search has the instructions too:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10176877

Of course we would all welcome better pictures and impressions from those who have it on hand. Myself included ;)

Excellent !! :worship::worship:

Thank you Alex.

Now - who is selling the UB ??? - none of my regular sources has it yet - it has been weirdly distributed :woot.gif:

I must also make some time and update my Flanker Kits webpages - it is now badly out of date.

Ken

Ken and other experts, is the windshield supposed to be 'curved' when viewed from above? I can see that in profile view it is straight, and avoids the original error on their 1/32 kit, but it has a bit of the 1/32 kit look about it when viewed from above. My understanding from reading all the corrections/complaints about their 1/32 kit is that the windshield is supposed to be a perfect 'sliced cone' for want of a beter description. I didn't notice this shape issue (if it is one) on their j11b kit...

Edited by dryguy

Ken and other experts, is the windshield supposed to be 'curved' when viewed from above? I can see that in profile view it is straight, and avoids the original error on their 1/32 kit, but it has a bit of the 1/32 kit look about it when viewed from above. My understanding from reading all the corrections/complaints about their 1/32 kit is that the windshield is supposed to be a perfect 'sliced cone' for want of a beter description. I didn't notice this shape issue (if it is one) on their j11b kit...

It isn't pefect (especially in side profile) - but it isn't that bad in plan (IMHO of course)......

J-11b%20043.jpg

I compared all the kit canopies here - scroll down near to the bottom.

Flankers%20133.JPG

The IRST is too small and slopes down too much - but the Trumpeter 1;72 scale Flankers are the best yet :thumbsup:

Ken

I'm agree with Ken - realy strange situation with Su-27UB, model was released more, than mounth ago, but i don't see it in usual e-shops, where i'm usual buy Chineese-made models.

But Su-30MKK, which will release in future - welcome to pre-order (BTW i'm already order 3 models - for me and my friends).

Edited by kotey

Just a propably silly question regarding the "Flanker-G" designation. Does all Su-30-versions have the same letter ?? ... or - what I think would be usefull - have the MKI & MKM (+ canards) a different one to the MKK & MK2 ??

Deino

Just a propably silly question regarding the "Flanker-G" designation. Does all Su-30-versions have the same letter ?? ... or - what I think would be usefull - have the MKI & MKM (+ canards) a different one to the MKK & MK2 ??

Deino

No, not the same. MKI has Flanker-H designation, that is what i recall seeing from USAF documents anyway.

Excellent !! :worship::worship:

Thank you Alex.

Now - who is selling the UB ??? - none of my regular sources has it yet - it has been weirdly distributed :woot.gif:

I must also make some time and update my Flanker Kits webpages - it is now badly out of date.

Ken

Ordered mine from Squadron last week Wed/Thurs, should be here Tues the 29th..