new eye candy from Kitty Hawk

Good, let's get these already kitted subjects out of your system as soon as possible; so you can continue the work you started with the F-94C and give us subjects that have not been done before; such as the T-37.

Good, let's get these already kitted subjects out of your system as soon as possible; so you can continue the work you started with the F-94C and give us subjects that have not been done before; such as the T-37.

Now a 1/48 T-37 'Tweet' would be most welcome :woot.gif:

As an alternative perspective, may I say "Good, let's get some decent toolings to replace awful existing tools". . honestly , calling the Gripen "already kitted" in 1/48th (or 1/72nd!) is a reality stretch. They may have been done, but they have been done BADLY, the Italeri Gripen only reached any kind of acceptability with a ton of work and a massive aftermarket set. As far as I;m concerned this has the possibility of being the first GOOD Gripen in 1/48th.

With the exception of (so far) ONE decal sheet (who was that by again?!? ;)) , it seems the aftermarket hasn't exactly been falling over itself to do anything with the Starfire, and it's nice but could use some help. . there may be a clue there as to a choice of more mainstream projects. . .

Sorry Sir but I'm not really excited by a new 1/48th Gripen kit.

Just like KursadA I would have preferred a subject that has not been done before or in desperate need for a modern kit.

"Desperate need of a modern kit"? What, like the Gripen? (I don't subscribe to "need" as such in kits, it's hobby stuff, needs is overstating it). Your list is impressive nad contains many that I;d be happy to see, but it also contains many that in the cold light of day would probably sell in the same kinds of numbers as, say, the Monogram Catalina. That is to say disastrously!

A new 48th Gripen is a likely great seller, with multiple users in all corners of the globe bar South America, and some great schemes. I may be hanging out for a kit of my beloved Mirage F.1 in 48th but I'll take a Gripen in the meantime! Oh. .hang on, Kittyhawk have obliged there too! ;)

Sorry Sir but I'm not really excited by a new 1/48th Gripen kit.

Just like KursadA I would have preferred a subject that has not been done before or in desperate need for a modern kit.

Like:

1/48th French aircraft:

- Mirage IIIE/5/50 Kfir etc.

V.P.

Hi V.P.

Didn't you tell KH to let Mirage III to others who already started ?

But you're right, it will be good to see some new kits of your list.

Just hopping KH will grow enough to do something bigger, like let's say flying boxcar, constellation, skycrane, Mi-8, V-22...one day

In the meanwhile, it's good to have new Jaguar, Mirage F1...comming.

Norbert

staying in 1/48 here

Edited by norbert

Hmmmm, interesting ... because there is allready a good Gripen kit in 1/48. And I am not sure that the KH kit will really become the better choice of them since I got my F-94C kit. The F-94C kit is not bad, but its not on the same level as a good actual Tamiya, Hasegawa, Revell or even Italeri kit. So I don't really understand why KH makes a kit, wich has to compare to an already existing good one of the same plane.

As an alternative perspective, may I say "Good, let's get some decent toolings to replace awful existing tools". . honestly , calling the Gripen "already kitted" in 1/48th (or 1/72nd!) is a reality stretch. They may have been done, but they have been done BADLY, the Italeri Gripen only reached any kind of acceptability with a ton of work and a massive aftermarket set. As far as I;m concerned this has the possibility of being the first GOOD Gripen in 1/48th. <...>

Quoted for truth! :thumbsup:

I really hope Kitty Hawk will scale-down their stuff (all of it!) to 1/72 some day. A (most probably) good seller like the Gripen might lay the financial foundation for that.

Quoted for truth! :thumbsup:/>

I really hope Kitty Hawk will scale-down their stuff (all of it!) to 1/72 some day. A (most probably) good seller like the Gripen might lay the financial foundation for that.

I build a lot of 1/48th these days, but my heart remains with 72nd, so I agree wholeheartedly!

Yahooo, last years are very good for builders/collectors of Czech(oslovak) Airforce :D MiG-21, MiG-23, Mig-29 and now - Gripen ! OK, give me now a new tool "HInd" i i'am happiest modeler in the whole world :D :D

Grippen....yes it hasn't been tooled well but really who cares?

Mirage III, a well done non mega expensive Viggen would sell 5 to 1.

Love the Jaguar but where is the British one?

I'd love to know if KH and IT are splitting molds on the Jag so do we wait for the KH one or per order the IT one when it surfaces?

Mmm RF-101C then fighter version...Cutlass.....correctly scaled and shaped SU-27 as opposed to the undersized misshapen Academy thing or a

Mig-25!!!

How many would queue for one or two maybe more of them.

The GWH Mig-29 should tell you something about how many people want properly tooled and accurate modern Russian stuff.

A Grippen..sorry boring....if it was a Viggen or Mig-25 or Maybe a Mirage IIIE then you would make some money.

As a big kit buyer I'm sorry I will buy exactly 0..the same number of F-35s ive bought..but mig-25s 3..and with different noses more, Mirage at least 4-5 Viggen at least 2..

Oh did I mention the F-86E a plane all the big aces flew in Korea yet has never been tooled?

Edited by dehowie

Yes!

A (I hope) decent Gripen kit at last!

As for the hope of an E/F kit in the near future, I don't think even SAAB knows exactly how one of those a/c is going to look like yet. The F version has not been ordered, so it is uncertain wether there will be a new two-seater.

But I do look forward to a nice kit of the E too when it is ready.

A new, but limited run, and semi-expensive Viggen is already on the way from Tarangus, but you guys knew tjat already I guess.

Anyway, at last I might be able to realise some of the many Gripen builds I haven't really had the guts to start due to the many problems with the italeri kit.

Funny how the detractors come out of the woodwork when a new kit is announced. If you don't want to buy it, fine - but who are you to tell these manufacturers what kits to release or not release? And how would you know what would sell or not sell?