It will be a tough game but I am going with John. The team is on fire right now and every one on the Ravens belives they will win it. And most importantly the D is unstopable right now, after seeing how they contained two of arguably the best QBs to ever play the game I don't think Kappernick has a chance.

GO RAVENS!!

I'll go out on a limb and say the team that scores the most points will win. History and stats will show conclusively that whenever a team scores a certain number of points while at the same time preventing its opponent from scoring as many, if not more points, that team is the winner in 99.9999% of any game played, the exception being the baseball All Star game of 2002 that ended in a tie :whistle:

I'll go out on a limb and say the team that scores the most points will win. History and stats will show conclusively that whenever a team scores a certain number of points while at the same time preventing its opponent from scoring as many, if not more points, that team is the winner in 99.9999% of any game played, the exception being the baseball All Star game of 2002 that ended in a tie :whistle:/>

Thanks John Madden.....

:D

I'll go out on a limb and say the team that scores the most points will win. History and stats will show conclusively that whenever a team scores a certain number of points while at the same time preventing its opponent from scoring as many, if not more points, that team is the winner in 99.9999% of any game played, the exception being the baseball All Star game of 2002 that ended in a tie :whistle:/>

This was almost verbatim what Belichik's exact quote was after the loss last night.

"We gave up too many points and didn't score enough points to win."

And then Shannon Sharpe lost his sh!t because Belichik didn't do a one on one with CBS. Get over it.

Not Jim....the guy is a dill hole who inherited a very good team. Just like in college, he rode Andrew Luck into the NFL.

Can't wait to see what happens to the Niners once some of those guys start to retire or leave for big fat contracts elsewhere and Jim is faced with a rebuilding project.

That....and while Kaepernick has shown great athletic ability....he doesn't come across as being one blessed with a large amount of brain power.

Frankly, both teams have aspects I like. I rooted for both of them to get this far and I am glad they both made it. My SB pick... Ravens by a very tiny margin. I just think they have the total package to pull it off as they are hungry and the team doesn't believe in giving up... no matter WHAT the score board says (and by far Flacco's best game to date was the win over Denver). The Niners are going to give them one heck of a fight though and I think this SB will be one for the ages.

Frankly, both teams have aspects I like. I rooted for both of them to get this far and I am glad they both made it. My SB pick... Ravens by a very tiny margin. I just think they have the total package to pull it off as they are hungry and the team doesn't believe in giving up... no matter WHAT the score board says (and by far Flacco's best game to date was the win over Denver). The Niners are going to give them one heck of a fight though and I think this SB will be one for the ages.

My earliest Super Bowl memory was them taking the Broncos out and making them glue. I have never seen the 9ers win a Super Bowl close!

I think its going to be the niners, I hope it is close.

I;m not understanding the animosity towards Lewis, what I miss?

I pulled this from wiki;

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated-assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[37]

Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[38] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[39] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[40] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000.[41][42] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead to quarterback Trent Dilfer.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.[41]

The current animosity is load of rubbish in my eyes, The short of it is that him and his 2 buddies were never convicted of murder, and last I checked you are supposed to be believed to innocent until PROVEN guilty in this country. The man has turned around in a big way and he and the whole Ravens organization to an unbelievable amount of work in the community here. I am not saying however that he should be held up as some sort of role model for children IMO very very few sports stars are deserving of that.

The current animosity is load of rubbish in my eyes, The short of it is that him and his 2 buddies were never convicted of murder, and last I checked you are supposed to be believed to innocent until PROVEN guilty in this country.

big-ben-reax-td-2011-horiz-jgjpg-4bf0962680d68ff4.jpg

Amen, Brother

I wonder why Ray cut a deal or lied in the first place? Just one of life's great mysteries, I guess. Even OJ knows if you aren't convicted then you are innocent. Ray Ray is great player and he is well loved because he is very very smart with the media.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

It will be a tough game but I am going with John. The team is on fire right now and every one on the Ravens belives they will win it. And most importantly the D is unstopable right now, after seeing how they contained two of arguably the best QBs to ever play the game I don't think Kappernick has a chance.

I have to agree with you, even though we are natural enemies (see my avatar). I think the PurpleBrowns' defensive scheme will be too much for young Kapernick. Flaco has been en fuego, too.

Thanks for taking out the cheating patriots. I'd rather keep the Lombardi in the division + the cheating patriots and whiny belichick are just too much to stomach.

• 2 weeks later...

....and while Kaepernick has shown great athletic ability....he doesn't come across as being one blessed with a large amount of brain power.

Looks like a great observation at this point.

Stick a fork in San Fran, they are looking done a minute before half time.