Some progress on the Alpha Jet...

• 1 month later...

But either way, it was taking too long...

A kit is a collection of components made by various producers (decals, photoetch, box, instruction leaflet, sprues). If one producer cannot provide his component in time, it delays the release of the whole kit. It's possible that's what occured here. Anyway. The kit's available now.

Edited by Laurent

It looks very nice. I like the addition of both nose types and tails; and the gun pod/Patrouille de France smoke container. I can't wait to build one in Patrouille de France colors.

But I think the omission of the MB Mk.4 seat (used by France and most other users until a few years ago) and the Stencel seat (used by Germany and Nigeria; and other users who bought ex-Luftwaffe aircraft) will somewhat limit marking choices. That said, I am sure we will see some resin seats for it pretty soon.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 weeks later...

Received my kit today. It definitely looks very nice. There has been some online chatter about the kit being underscale; so I compared it against a 1/48 plan I obtained by enlarging the 1/72 scale plans given in S. Wache's Alpha Jet book from Bmvd and confirmed that it was an exact match.

Received my kit today. It definitely looks very nice. There has been some online chatter about the kit being underscale; so I compared it against a 1/48 plan I obtained by enlarging the 1/72 scale plans given in S. Wache's Alpha Jet book from Bmvd and confirmed that it was an exact match.

I hope we will se German Alpha Jet decals from Caracal soon :woot.gif:

Yeah but you'll need two of these also.

I know , I am waiting for AM cockpit - it will look great through that large canopy and Luftw. seats might be better than Pavla (although not that cheap:-))...

Edited by Petarvu

I hope we will se German Alpha Jet decals from Caracal soon :woot.gif:/>

My second AlphaJet sheet (third if you count the Patrouille de France sheet) will have Luftwaffe markings on it and will be available in a couple of months..I will build mine in Patrouille de France colors though.

My second AlphaJet sheet (third if you count the Patrouille de France sheet) will have Luftwaffe markings on it and will be available in a couple of months..I will build mine in Patrouille de France colors though.

Cant wait! Please make early splinter luft scheme, with badge on the fin if possible (and tigermeet fintip ?) I have a photo if you want :rolleyes:

Cant wait! Please make early splinter luft scheme, with badge on the fin if possible (and tigermeet fintip ?) I have a photo if you want :rolleyes:/>/>

Be patient and you will get what you need... (and some more options of course) ;)/>

3163376361313239.jpg

Hope somebody will also make decals for the Belgian Alpha-Jets.

So many choice of colourful displays.

Some decals for the Portugese would be nice to.

Especialy the former display team "Asas du Portugal".

Just recieved my first two boxes from Lucky Model.

Sure more to follow.

Grts Youri

Edited by tigerviper
  • 4 weeks later...