Finished the CF-4, called it a CF-110G, going with CF-18 type paint as the green and grey looked weird.

Now working on a CF-110A. RCAF F-4C circa 1965.

Next, CF-18E. 2018

Edited by phantom

Will be awhile for me also but since cars and such included I'm thinking of doing a McLaren MP4-25 revell kit in the livery of the Marlboro McLarens of the early 90s. White with chevron fluo red and Marlboro decals probably from the mp4-2c kit since I have two sets.

Okay, figured it out!

It'll be a little bit as I've got a bunch of other builds for other GBs in process or in the queue, but.

There will defs be one easy build for this - BAC Lightning, Royal BC Air Force (with backstory).

There will also be a Royal Canadian Navy Canadair Jacktar (what my whiff-world RCN got instead of the Banshee), this will involve the hacking and slashing of three kits.

If I can figure the engineering of the build out, there may be another, more complex project, too...

I'm trying to sort out things so as to advance in The National Reserves GB, but also to join in here with this:

SouthAfrica-1.jpg

Might be a little while until I'll be able to start. As plastic goes, most likely the Fujimi MiG-21 will be used - that's a What-If by itself :)

In the early 80's after flying the P-51 for the better part of 40 years, a close encounter with Cuban Mig-21's

made the Dominican government realize it was time to replace the mustangs =) (True story)

The top choice to fill the void left we the F-5, but the sale was never approved and we instead received A-37's.

If life permits it i would like to join in with a Dominican F-5 =) with sharmouth of course =)

I'm leaning towards an RCN Corsair, probably an F4U-4 if I can get the HobbyBoss 'Late' kit cheaply. The scheme will naturally be the Sea Fury high demarcation scheme.

Not quite sure yet but I have an idea, that I think is within my means.

In 1938 Curtiss proposed a P-36 powered by a 1600 hp Wright R-2600 instead of the 1000-1200 hp radials of the existing design. This was expected to provide a top speed of 360 mph which would have made it faster than most fighters in 1940-41. The USAAC wanted an inline engine which led to the P-40, and the Navy turned the concept down cold ranking it dead last out of 10 aircraft proposed.

There is very little information on this concept aircraft so it seems like a perfect time to play with it.

I have a spare B-25 cowling and prop which should take care of the R-2600. Due to the heavier engine, I'm deleting the nose guns and putting 4 .50 cals in the wings which would be ample firepower for 1940.

Looking at Naval fighter designations it would appear F14C would be appropriate (the real F14C being a 1944 proposal), and of couse with the hawk name, Seahawk seems appropriate. Like the Corsair a large fighter like this would be cumbersome on a carrier deck, so the USMC will accept delivery.

Curtiss F14C Seahawk

CurtissF2CUSMC_zps2e4574f1.png

Edited by Aaronw
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this on the discount shelf of Hobby Lobby for 1 dollar and could not pass it up.

ARCWhifGB201301_zpsdf2a803e.png

I is supposed to be for Cub Scouts pine wood derby kits.

I am not sure what I will do with it yet but this will be my first build. If there is time left, I have had a TSR2 in the stash for a while that I will probably do something with.

I'm a little late getting started. It's been a busy couple of weeks. I have a 1/72 Monogram F-82G that will become and F-82K CAS/Coin Attack a/c. I'm still undecided as to the colors and markings. Still have some time to decide.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am going to get in with another build. I have an Airfix 1:72 TSR 2 that I have been wanting to build for a few years. I think I am going to make it a Japanese aircraft.

I've picked up a KittyHawk Mirage F1B and it's going to be SAAF. Hopefully I'll get some time with it soon. Had it sitting in a Fantastic and Windex bath today trying to rid the plastic of that really slippery feeling it has.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...