Small turntable for airbrushing

http://www.versaspin360.com/

Can't remember where we bought it but we got the 16" version and I can't remember what we for it. It was on a discount rack if I recall correctly. I like it and it's lightweight but you can probably make one yourself for less money though with the bracket from Home Deport and a couple of pieces of plywood or MDF.

Suggestion, Since spring is here (really, it didn't snow once all last week), check out the yard sales and garage sales that are starting to pop up all over (at least around here anyway). Wife and I went to a city wide yard sale last week end in a town about 20 miles away and probably half of the places having sales had at least one type or another of lazy susans ranging from small 6" in diameter plastic versions up to some very fancy wooden ones a couple of feet in diameter. Prices seemed to range from 10 cents up to about 20 bucks for some of the fancy ones. (and the wife doesn't seem to complain because she is probably going going to spend two or three times what you spend - and you might get lucky and find some bargains on some models too!)

Edited by Hawk10

The Tamiya ModelWorks turntables are very useful, versatile and quite durable. I'm actually thinking about buying a second pair. (You get two rotating stands for about $20 USD.) The larger stand has slots for aligator clips, and a number of holes so you can insert mounting sticks or pieces of sprue directly into the stand.

I also have an old kitchen lazy susan/spice rack thingie that works well for flat surface paint jobs.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

I take a old clothes hanger. Cut off the ends. Bend it and stick the ends in the engine holes. Holds the plane in the air while I paint. Can put it down balanced just fine to air dry.

The folded other end acts as a handle.

I too have a plastic turntable; picked it up at the local Ace. I've got various boxen and blocks that I use to support whatever I'm painting. Works just fine...

IMG_3347_zpsc8c09dd7.jpg

I made this close to 20 years ago and, it still works great. I got a simple Rubbermaid lazy susan, attached that to a 16" 5/8 pc. of white melamine with two sided tape. The melamine serves 2 purposes, 1 since it's white it helps reflect light back into the paint booth and 2 it cleans up really well with some lacquer thinner when your done spraying. I cover the table with some paper prior to spraying to save on the clean up.

Steve

I take a old clothes hanger. Cut off the ends. Bend it and stick the ends in the engine holes. Holds the plane in the air while I paint. Can put it down balanced just fine to air dry.

The folded other end acts as a handle.

Table schmable

I'm with Phantom. I use whatever size shishkabob skewer fits and I get the best flexibility for getting into those awkward places.

When done I stick the skewer into a hole in the side of my spray booth and I'm done.

Cheers

Paul

Sure....Go to a discounter like Walmart/Target/KMart.....or a home products store like Bed Bath Beyond or Linen's and things.......Go to the kitchen products/gadgets area............I've bought 2 (at different sizes) at Walmart 3-4 years ago now......Mine was made by Copco... Small size should cost $5-$6USD......A large one about $14.xx........Mine has a mat in the center but you can make those easily.....

Edited by OldThudMan

I have one that was part of a cheese wheel gift set from many a Christmases ago. I like it cause it is made of ceramic and has some weight to it so if I tap it it doesn't slide into the paint booth sides....

Max Bryant

The Tamiya ModelWorks turntables are very useful, versatile and quite durable. I'm actually thinking about buying a second pair. (You get two rotating stands for about $20 USD.) The larger stand has slots for aligator clips, and a number of holes so you can insert mounting sticks or pieces of sprue directly into the stand.

I also have an old kitchen lazy susan/spice rack thingie that works well for flat surface paint jobs.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

That's my equipment too, OBD.

Tho' for holding little assemblies, I do like my alligator clips on bamboo skewers, stuck in a vase of sand.

G