AMK will release a MiG-31!

The recessed details look just fine, IMHO perfect balance between too subtle (I'm currently working on Tamiya's 1/48 Zero and wished some of the rivets were a tad more visible) and too heavy (Revell 1/32 new Spitfire anyone?), well done !

I believe AMK could easily rename to MustHave!, their attention to intelligent breakdown/detail/customer input mean that if they tooled a 1/381.62 Trabant, it would be a must have to me ;-) !

I only wish they get enough sales to continue developing great subjects. No matter what they release, I will buy it just for the sheer pleasure of the building experience. Thank you AMK team for listening (to a certain extent) to your customer inputs.

I like what I see so far with your Mig-31, and would love to see you do a Mig-25 that another certain company didn't get quite right.

Brad

Maybe a pop type broken record? :monkeydance:/>

No, its fine. I don't think we will be doing any esoteric designs simply because they don't sell. Besides, we have some awesome ideas for the next few months already written out so we're running at full pelt right now.

I think you will like our ideas and I respectfully suggest you watch this space.......

To add to Charles comment...

I built the L-29 for review in Finescale Modeler. Wonderful little kit, with only a couple of small niggles (Which were probably builder induced) I am REALLY looking forward to this kit of the Mig-31. The pictures look fantastic so far!!

Bring it on!!!

M

Gee whiz guys, are looking for a handout here :P

Brad

Are those two the same version? The tail feathers look different between the two.

Brad

I have exactly 0 clue with what you mean by "tail feathers" but they are different versions yes, while it cant really be seen from these angles. Top one is BM and bottom is BSM, difference is that BM has refuel probe and BSM does not. Why/how has previously been explained in this thread. Both versions will be available in the kit.

I have exactly 0 clue with what you mean by "tail feathers" but they are different versions yes, while it cant really be seen from these angles. Top one is BM and bottom is BSM, difference is that BM has refuel probe and BSM does not. Why/how has previously been explained in this thread. Both versions will be available in the kit.

Exhaust, and sorry if it was explained earlier, but there are over 500 posts in this thread. Try and have a nice day, and BTW it's Canadian Thanksgiving today, so Happy Thanksgiving :):):)

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

Maybe a pop type broken record? :monkeydance:/>

No, its fine. I don't think we will be doing any esoteric designs simply because they don't sell. Besides, we have some awesome ideas for the next few months already written out so we're running at full pelt right now.

I think you will like our ideas and I respectfully suggest you watch this space.......

I wonder how well 1/72 versions of Su-47 and Mig1.44 sold???. Are they really failures for the companies?

Top one is BM and bottom is BSM, difference is that BM has refuel probe and BSM does not. Why/how has previously been explained in this thread. Both versions will be available in the kit.

I'm curious how can you tell the bottom one is BSM since the fuel probe is on the hidden side? What are the other telltale signs between the B and BS if you don't mind me asking (except perhaps the airplane number)? :)

Edited by ijozic

Because i am a complete MiG-31 fanboy and i can tell them apart by memory... :whistle:

Interesting there was also a b/n 34 MiG-31BM, as seen on boxart of this kit (markings for it are included). Sadly since 4'th September 2014 it is no more.

Yeah, if I have any issue at all with a Mig-31 kit, it was the relative lack of imagination when it came to schemes. I suspect that I'll end up doing a retro splinter or other nationality 'what if' to scratch that itch. Sorry, purists, I promise I will keep it locked up at home!

I have always wanted a big Soviet Jet in gray with red stars and red numbers. I had such high hopes for the Mig-25, but oh well, the Mig-31 from AMK will do nicely :)

Brad

Because i am a complete MiG-31 fanboy and i can tell them apart by memory... :whistle:

Interesting there was also a b/n 34 MiG-31BM, as seen on boxart of this kit (markings for it are included). Sadly since 4'th September 2014 it is no more.

So, both were 'red' 34 then? They really don't make it any easier for the analysts.