AMK will release a MiG-31!

Janne,

In the kit there are some etched parts also to make the seat better / more realistic. Apart from this it is a plastic seat, the most you can get out of injection moulding! I am happy with it.

Remember that the MiG-31 had a late version of the K-36DM which has a different back and seat pan to it.

Have to add that I dont know which version is in the Quickboost range.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Janne,

In the kit there are some etched parts also to make the seat better / more realistic. Apart from this it is a plastic seat, the most you can get out of injection moulding! I am happy with it.

Remember that the MiG-31 had a late version of the K-36DM which has a different back and seat pan to it.

Have to add that I dont know which version is in the Quickboost range.

Best regards

Gabor

The Aires seat is a DM... Not saying the kit seat is bad but if something is worth exchanging for AM parts it's usually the seat :)

I have severe AMS and always try to add AM to kits that may not even need it but by the looks of it, this MiG-31 may prove to be the antibiotic I've been needing for this AMS infection. :P

Rob

Edited by galileo1

Great Rick!

Please do a mail call photo shot - that will be pretty cool!

Magister arrived today, I guess the L-29 is in another box. However, first impressions are this is an awesome kit. The instruction manual is almost as thick as an FSM magazine and very well printed. Kit is well boxed and all the parts seem at first glance be in place and undamaged. The only possible drawback I can see at first blush is the engraved panel lines seem a bit petite, I hope they hold up under a coat of paint. But, otherwise stellar job with the molding and design. I am curious about the decision to include the clear fuselage parts, seems a bit gimmicky to me, but if others find them useful, well so be it. Decals appear very well done, everything is in register and very readable and clear. Overall, for a start-up company I say BANG-UP JOB! Photos as requested below:

20151027_173602.jpg

20151027_173749.jpg

20151027_173849.jpg

fd6d6b3c-a6c6-4e5f-8734-9e81d312d853.jpg

Rick

(...) I am curious about the decision to include the clear fuselage parts, seems a bit gimmicky to me, but if others find them useful, well so be it.(...)

Rick

i think it make the AMK magister stand as a great alternative to the other's offer.

and if a kit includes all that is usually hide inside, seems like making sense to me to offer clear fuselage sprue.

The clear parts are because there are a lot of internal items to display. It's the modellers choice whether or not to build, paint etc.

Well, surely my comments on the inclusion of the clear fuselage sprue is not intended as criticism, simply pointing out that I found them curious. That having been said, I am also not a guy that would open panels to show engines or radar units etc. So for my modeling tastes, they won't be of much use. However, I know there are other modelers that will eat them up. The main point is that this is a great little kit (didn't realize how tiny an airframe this is, as compared to Phantoms, Tomcats etc.) and the technology level points to very good things down the road imo.

Rick

So to backdate the AMK MiG-31B/BM to an early production MiG-31 'sans suffixe'

1. Remove the blade antenna forward of the windscreen

2. Remove the refueling probe fairing

3. Different wing pylons and missile rails

4. Cockpit differences

Anything else?

5. Wait for AMK to release a "sans suffixe" MiG-31. :)

IIRC the blade in front of antenna should be left alone but need to install "odd rods". All these MiG-31BM related things need to be removed to, easy enough;

a.gif

There are also 4 smaller raised parts on the underside that needs to be removed. Most of these changes are all easy but pylons and cockpit are not. So why not just wait? Clearly MiG-31BM is the superior version anyway. :)

There are also 4 smaller raised parts on the underside that needs to be removed. Most of these changes are all easy but pylons and cockpit are not. So why not just wait? Clearly MiG-31BM is the superior version anyway. :)/>

Well I think I want to do a Kazakhstan AF bird with those big ol R-40's under the wing!

5. Wait for AMK to release a "sans suffixe" MiG-31.

Sio says they have no such plans.

Clearly MiG-31BM is the superior version anyway. :)/>

The one I want to do existed long before there was such an animal as a MiG-31BM

Edited by Jennings

Sio says they have no such plans.

Well in the first few pages of this thread (depending how your browser/options are configured) the CAD drawings show MiG-31 B parts i.e big pylons,different antennas,Acrid and Aphid missiles etc. So I think another version will eventually come out.