Really Squadron? Really....?

Here's another one...

squadron_v22.png

sprue_v22.png

And the actual MSRP from Tower Hobbies/Hobbico (U.S. Importer for Hasegawa):

tower_v22.png

Seriously, Squadron? Makes me think that they're heading towards something bad if they keep trying to pull this sort of thing.

If they're going to do stuff like this with their holiday sales, makes you wonder what they're going to do when the inevitable happens and they have their going out of business sale...

Edited by MHaz

Sooooooo why did you reply to this post? Sounds like a difference has been made :)/>/>

Just to express my opinion that the Squadron bashing is getting old, and that no one really cares whether you, or anyone else, ever buy a kit from Squadron again or not. Judging from the posts here, Squadron is the root of all evil and the most corrupt hobby company in the world. Don't like Squadron? Fine, but stop whining about it.

Also, it's a business like anything else. If someone is jumping on their prices without looking around to see if it's cheaper elsewhere, that's on them, not Squadron. Regarding raising retail prices during a Black Friday sale, I'm very sure that are not the only ones in the business world that do that at this time of the year. Finally, no one seems to mention the things that they get from Squadron, either from their monthly sale stuff, or things they got during the Thanksgiving sales that even at 50% off a high retail price, were still cheaper than elsewhere.

Edited by Dave Williams

Just to express my opinion that the Squadron bashing is getting old, and that no one really cares whether you, or anyone else, ever buy a kit from Squadron again or not. Judging from the posts here, Squadron is the root of all evil and the most corrupt hobby company in the world. Don't like Squadron? Fine, but stop whining about it.

Also, it's a business like anything else. If someone is jumping on their prices without looking around to see if it's cheaper elsewhere, that's on them, not Squadron. Regarding raising retail prices during a Black Friday sale, I'm very sure that are not the only ones in the business world that do that at this time of the year. Finally, no one seems to mention the things that they get from Squadron, either from their monthly sale stuff, or things they got during the Thanksgiving sales that even at 50% off a high retail price, were still cheaper than elsewhere.

just like politicians, you have to call them out every now and then to keep them honest

I'm sure there are many other examples but this is just one of the reasons why i'm done with them and dont have any trust left for them.

5cqi.jpg

Meh so one company is selling something for cheaper than they are. So what. That happens all the time. Just don't buy it from them. I shop around and use Squadron, Spruebrothers, and Scalehobbyist. It really just depends on who has the best final price including shipping.

So do you bash Neiman Marcus and swear allegiance to WalMart because the former charges more for their stock?

Only a fool buys anything from anyone without first comparing prices.....

Name one exact brand/model item that both sells.

Just. One.

Now Nordstrom and Needless Markup is a different issue.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Sometimes some places have better deals on the same product than others. This happens everywhere all the time. No reason to get irate over this. Instead of being mad that Squadron sells the kit you want for a higher price than Sprue Brothers, be happy that you found it cheaper on Sprue Brothers....

I have bought plenty of things from both Squadron and Sprue Brothers.

Here is an example of the complete opposite.

Spruebrothers

EDU01179 1:48 Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt Jugs Over Germany

MSRP $75.00

Our Price: $63.49

Savings: $11.51

Scale: 1/48

Stock Status:In Stock

Product Code: EDU01179

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/edu01179.htm

Scalehobbyist

List price: $74.95

You pay: $53.99

Manufacturer: Eduard

Stock Number: EDU 1179

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/EDU00001179/product.php?kw=jugs,over,germany

Squadron

1:48 Eduard Jugs over Germany Limited Edition - EU1179

List Price: $74.95

Our Price: $48.99

Web Only Sale Price: $31.84

http://www.squadron.com/1-48-Eduard-Jugs-over-Germany-Limited-Edition-p/eu1179.htm

See it really just doesn't matter who you shop with. The best thing to do is shop around.

Many, many years ago when we had both a K-Mart and a WalMart here in town, in fact maybe a half mile apart, my dad asked me which was cheaper. My usual answer was if I went in to both with the exact shopping list, got the same brands or even generic (store brand)items, at the register both carts would be i.e., $100. Some items were cheaper at one, some higher, but at the end of the checkout line, the average was $100.

If you are done with them then you can't use their putty...and don't say you don't use it now, because almost everyone does, at least in some areas of construction. LOL.

Squadron putty went by way of the dinosaur and the buggy whip when I discovered CA was a wonderful gap filler w00t.gif .

Here is an example of the complete opposite.

Spruebrothers

EDU01179 1:48 Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt Jugs Over Germany

MSRP $75.00

Our Price: $63.49

Savings: $11.51

Stock Status:In Stock

Product Code: EDU01179

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/edu01179.htm

Scalehobbyist

List price: $74.95

You pay: $53.99

Manufacturer: Eduard

Stock Number: EDU 1179

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/EDU00001179/product.php?kw=jugs,over,germany

Squadron

1:48 Eduard Jugs over Germany Limited Edition - EU1179

List Price: $74.95

Our Price: $48.99

Web Only Sale Price: $31.84

http://www.squadron.com/1-48-Eduard-Jugs-over-Germany-Limited-Edition-p/eu1179.htm

See it really just doesn't matter who you shop with. The best thing to do is shop around.

Oh my stars. Quick update the ARC homepage have sprue bros drop all advertising. This just can't go on. How can this evil company, squadron, be doing this.

In all seriousness thank you for pointing out that these do indeed go both ways. Sometimes they are higher sometimes they are lower. But the original poster is going to be upset as you just torpedoed his whole argument. Unless of course torpedoes are most expensive at squadron, then we are all sunk.

Are modelers the cheapest people on the planet? If price is important to you, you'd best continually shop around for the best price.

Edited by is it windy yet?

Oh my stars. Quick update the ARC homepage have sprue bros drop all advertising. This just can't go on. How can this evil company, squadron, be doing this.

In all seriousness thank you for pointing out that these do indeed go both ways. Sometimes they are higher sometimes they are lower. But the original poster is going to be upset as you just torpedoed his whole argument. Unless of course torpedoes are most expensive at squadron, then we are all sunk.

Are modelers the cheapest people on the planet? If price is important to you, you'd best continually shop around for the best price.

My interpretation of the OP was one of a specific model price comparison.

With a follow up secondary point of Squadron possibly having more examples of similar price differences.

With that said; I fail to see how the OP's 'whole point being torpedoed'?

It appears you failed to understand the OP's point.

BTW; My sarcasm gauge is properly calibrated wink.gif .

This is another thread that reminded me why I dont post anymore. A guy decides to post something that aggravated him on an open forum pointing something of interest out to others that they may perhaps find usefull - and having a bit of a moan in the process and rather than people either thanking him for the heads up or even better - not bothering to respond if they feel his gripe is not noteworthy, they climb into him as if he had just blasphemed and proceed to deride him for daring to post it up for the interest of the rest of the INTERESTED model community. Man oh man....