Airfix just announced a NEW TOOL 1/72 Victor B.2!!!

Damn. I've got the Matchbox kit. Maybe I'll put it together with my little son so he can go swooshing around with it... No decals, no paint, just the three colours provided on the sprues. Just like in the old days!

At another forum someone mentioned seeing mention of the Victor in a promo for the Yearbook, and I am excited for this...but given the recent publicity around the Vulcan I'd have thought a new one of them would've been a big hit! Maybe next year. I can't wait to see more about the Victor, the CAD images look superb.

Good thinking janman...I've already seen one pop up cheap online, get ready for the Great Matchbox/Revell Victor Sell-Off!

How would a B(SR).2 or SR.2 differ from a B.2 they will be making?

I think this is an awesome release! And its the B.2 too not another tanker version of the bomber we all want to build.

Its a good time to follow up the Valiant they released a few years ago and it shows the company is in good enough shape to be expanding its line too.

Fantastic news really :)

Apparently, the Vulcan is still selling too well, so Airfix does not see a need for a new Vulcan. :bandhead2:

Okay now... Everyone scratch out that Airfix Vulcan from their 2015 Xmas wishlist :rolleyes:

Edited by Lancer512

They had a Spit Mk.I and a Mk.Vb that I'm sure still sold well too, but that didn't stop them from doing new and better ones. My bet is a new Vulcan in the next year or two. Hopefully one that doesn't have concrete sewer pipes for jet exhausts.

If Airfix's current 'A' team were to re-imagine their existing Vulcan with petit scribed panel lines and maybe also with provision for B1 /B1A intakes and outer wings and a selection of jet pipe styles, they'd have the 1/72 scale market sewn up for the next 30 years.

Treat news on the Victor B2... but will I ever complete my heavily corrected Matchbox version??? Or will I want to????

Edited by chek

Indeed, but don't let the facts get in the way. And the Spitfire 1? Great model.

Well there are some facts - like the 1/48 Spitfire 22/24, Seafire 47 and Lightnings - which remain great models - whilst some that followed weren't anywhere near being in the same class.

Since the Nimrod (and Valiant) I've bought a few 1/48 Javelins and Sea Vixens so if they're what we can expect from the Hornby era, then the Victor should be something special. As would a revised all-purpose Vulcan.