CD48148 - 1/48 CH-47 Chinook

• 10 months later...

This sheet is almost done - it ended up being a sheet mostly for the CH-47F,  now that we have an Italeri kit for this variant in 1/48 scale. Ten current US Army options, a couple Canadian examples from Afghanistan with nose art (including Miss Behavin'), current CH-147Fs, RAF HC.2s and perhaps one or two international examples. I will post profiles soon.

Edited by KursadA
2 hours ago, KursadA said:

This sheet is almost done - it ended up being a sheet mostly for the CH-47F,  now that we have an Italeri kit for this variant in 1/48 scale. Eight current US Army options, a couple Canadian examples from Afghanistan with nose art (including Miss Behavin'), current CH-147Fs, RAF HC.2s and perhaps one or two international examples. I will post profiles soon.

Good to see some RCAF options Kursad. Don't have the CH-47F yet but maybe now is the time to get it. I do have the first issue though and will plan something else for that.

10 minutes ago, dylan said:

aaaaannnnd I just ordered an Italeri kit

The Canadian options on the sheet are "2 for Hooking", "Jack'd Up" and "Miss Behavin'"; and two modern CH-147F; one with UN markings from Op PRESENCE in Mali. 

There are 10 US Army options; all of which are current (2008-present) CH-47F models. 

I thought I'd cover the most modern variant first, and work on gathering more refs for older  (Vietnam to Desert Storm) markings over time.

Edited by KursadA

There are a couple of elements that I need to refine, but this one is mostly done. I will finish the design as soon as I clear the huge backlog of orders that I need to ship within the next couple of days.

I managed to squeeze 17 options on this sheet: Ten US Army CH-47Fs,  three RCAF CH-47Ds (with nose art) from Afghanistan, two RCAF CH-147Fs (you will need the Italeri CH-47F and the large sponsons from an MH-47 kit) , one RAF Chinook HC.2 with 100th year markings, and one Australian CH-47F.

There is a second, all-black sheet (not shown) with airframe stencils.

cd48148.jpg

Edited by KursadA
4 hours ago, KursadA said:

(you will need the Italeri CH-47F and the large sponsons from an MH-47 kit) , 

Have I missed something here, I wasn’t aware of any 1/48 MH-47 kit out there? 

I hope I’m wrong as I want to build a CH-47SD and need the large sponsons.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, Hooker169 said:

These are fantastic Kursad!

I’m just sorry I couldn’t contribute references, all my pics are boring pre-9/11 airframes with vanilla markings.
I’ll be ordering several sets!

Awesome work by Kursad!

I was able to provide references for the Canadian Chinooks! Glad I was able to help!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...