CD48170 - 1/48 AH-64D/E Apache

CD48170 will be part of the next batch of releases, and will feature markings for AH-64D Longbow Apache & AH-64E Guardian Apache attack helicopters. Sized to fit the 1/48 scale Hasegawa kit. Bunch of interesting US Army and foreign options with colorful schemes on this one - I will start posting profiles tonight.

Like most of my latest releases, I will release this in 1/72 in the batch after the next one.

The options on the sheet are:

• US Army (7 options)
  • United Kingdom ("Gunship 1" ZJ184  and "Gunship 2"  ZJ205 of the Attack Helicopter Display Team)
  • Greece
  • India
  • Indonesia (TNI-AD)
  • Qatar
  • Republic of China (Taiwan)
  • Singapore

Edited by KursadA

Thankfully I was able to get one copy of the original 1/48 AH-64E issued by Hasgawa a few years ago,  which has the current 'sugar scoop' exhaust shield in the sprues. The much widely-available Taiwanese version (kit #07432) does NOT have the sugar scoop pieces included.  

Actually, the term "Royal Army" when referring the the military land forces of the UK is incorrect.  As the national army, it lost the "royal" several centuries ago when there was a little rebellion and multiple land forces of various allegiences were operating on the British Isles and the royals didn't fare well. It is just the British Army now.  Having said that, there are branches, regiments or individual units that do bear the "Royal" title, such as the Royal Fusiliers or the Royal Military Engineers (RME).  The Royal Navy never rebelled (ship mutinies, notwithstanding), hence it retains the "Royal" in the service name, and is often referred to as the "senior service" because of this.  The Royal Air Force and Royal Marines have not participated in any rebellions against the crown, and hence retains the title as well.  In August, 2011, the Canadians renamed their services with "Royal" in the title for the Air Force and Navy, but not the Canadian Army after removing the word during unification in 1968, ala Canadian Armed Forces. As with the British Army, branches, regiments and select units of the Canadian Army do bear the "Royal" in their title.  FWIW, 😎 Dutch

Edited by Dutch
59 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Actually, the term "Royal Army" when referring the the military land forces of the UK is incorrect.  As the national army, it lost the "royal" several centuries ago when there was a little rebellion and multiple land forces of various allegiences were operating on the British Isles and the royals didn't fare well. It is just the British Army now.  Having said that, there are branches, regiments or individual units that do bear the "Royal" title, such as the Royal Fusiliers or the Royal Military Engineers (RME).  The Royal Navy never rebelled (ship mutinies, notwithstanding), hence it retains the "Royal" in the service name, and is often referred to as the "senior service" because of this.  The Royal Air Force and Royal Marines have not participated in any rebellions against the crown, and hence retains the title as well.  In August, 2011, the Canadians renamed their services with "Royal" in the title for the Air Force and Navy, but not the Canadian Army after removing the word during unification in 1968, ala Canadian Armed Forces. As with the British Army, branches, regiments and select units of the Canadian Army do bear the "Royal" in their title.  FWIW, 😎 Dutch

It's common across many Commonwealth countries, not just Britain and Canada. The Air Force and Navy are "Royal", but whilst there are many Regiments and Corps which are Royal (eg the Royal Australian Regiment was one example) the Army is just that eg "The Australian Army" or the "New Zealand Army". On top of that Aviation Corps are generally not amongst the "Royal" Corps eg the Army Aviation Corps (AAC) in Britain which fly the Apache, and the Australian Army Aviation Corps (AAAVn).

Whoooray!!!!!!!!!

I suggested this topic back on Oct 21 in Possible New Topics.  If only every aftermarket vendor was so quick.  (I know, I know.  It was in the plans for months.)  🙂

Edited by AD-4N

OK, I stand corrected - thanks for the information! I find it most interesting that the name change was due to a history of mutiny.

10 hours ago, Kim hyun tae said:

Great new.

When is available it?

I will try to make it available in the next batch to come in early January.

I also would like to add markings for your (South Korean) Apaches,  but could not find good high-resolution photos. Any help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Flyboyf18 said:

WRT the Royal Army version;

Will the crest and word 'gunship' both fit on the rocket pod together? I have saved some pics of these Apaches done up that way. No number just the badge and word.

Thanks

Hmm - I haven't seen this variation but will look around on photo forums and Web sites for it. 

Edit: Got it - it looks like it is the same size, but I will need to verify on the kit parts.

27420879592_0dc4ebbc92_b.jpg

Edited by KursadA
39 minutes ago, Falcon053 said:

I wish I had known you were going to be doing this, I've got a walk around of an E from the Utah National Guard last year with some nice markings.

it’s not too late : I still have some space on the sheet. PM sent.