Caracal Decals models gallery

17 hours ago, swimmer25k said:

This is the only shot I have of my Pax River A-4M. 

IMG_4106.jpeg

Very nice scooter !! Is this photo from MosquitoCon a few years ago ?

Steve

Swimmer, you know when you post an excellent A-4M like that, it makes me drag out mine from the stash and fondle it.  Then I start looking at the Caracal sheet.  Next thing I know I am grabbing Dark Gull Gray for the cockpit  . . . . . 

3 minutes ago, AD-4N said:

Swimmer, you know when you post an excellent A-4M like that, it makes me drag out mine from the stash and fondle it.  Then I start looking at the Caracal sheet.  Next thing I know I am grabbing Dark Gull Gray for the cockpit  . . . . . 

Get on it!!

24 minutes ago, swimmer25k said:

This picture was taken at Paxcon 2023.

Ok gotcha. I recognize the F-15E demonstrator, that has been at MosquitoCon, that's next to your A-4M.

Steve

1 hour ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Ok gotcha. I recognize the F-15E demonstrator, that has been at MosquitoCon, that's next to your A-4M.

Steve

Yes.  The F-15 belongs to Mike Witkowski and it's been shown around several times.

I have seen your A-4M and taken a few photos at San Marcos - it was excellent. If I remember correctly Corey's FJ Fury was on a table nearby. I was lucky to see so many great builds using Caracal decals that day!

ProModeler (Hasegawa) F-4E built as a USAF YF-4E using sheet CD 48162: F-4 "Edwards Test Phantoms". I based it on a photo from 1979 on airliners.net that showed it with full stencilling. The shark mouth is from the kit decals, stencils are from the Z-M early F-4E kit. The photo had no ED tail code but I put it on anyway. Paint is Tru-Color Insignia White and International Orange.

YF-4E_DURN5459.jpg

YF-4E_DURN5476.jpg

Edited by AVShooter2112
double photo
6 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

Great looking Edwards Test Phantom! I really miis the sound of those 

big J-79's turning kerosene into noise! Great job!

Cheers...Ron

and THRUST!  Great build.  

Excellent Phantom! Always great to see these colorful Edwards jets.

Thanks for the kind comments. I have another Caracal decaled, J79 powered bird almost done. 🙂

Looking forward to seeing it! I hope it has four of those J79s.

Just finished this one. Kinetic 1/48 TF-104G finished as Starfighters Inc. N992SF with the Caracal CD48062 sheet. Mr Color paint for the white and blue, AK Real Color for the grey.

Now I just need the Test&Drones sheet and a reprint of the NASA 104s and I'll be good for a while.

Happy modelling,

Mike

104DURN5777.jpg

104DURN5780.jpg

104DURN5747.jpg

Edited by AVShooter2112
added scale

82web1.jpg

Took me long enough.  The Beast is finally finished.  Wanted this in my collection for many years and now it's a reality.  Modelsvit 1/48 F-82G of the 339th FIS(AW).  ResKit wheels, and Aerocraft Models 3D printed exhausts.  Tamiya acrylic gloss black over MiG chipping fluid, pastel chalk exhaust staining.  Old Eduard injection PSP base.  Multiple issues are keeping it a 3 footer.  All self induced and not the fault of any components. 

Rick L.

Edited by Spruemeister

Amazing Starfighter and F-82!! Thanks for sharing these - I have a bunch of photos of other excellent builds that you guys have e-mailed me, and will post some of them today.