The cockpits are complete. Tomorrow, I'll close up the front of the fuselage.

Cheers

Wish I had a camera that can take pics like that close up...IIRC I used Legend ACESII ejection seats for mine with the eduard accessories seatbelts. Mine dont even look that detailed.

Figured I'd share where mine is at today. The nose LGB isn't glued together (obviously) since I'm hoping my DACO book shows up soon, so I can add a bit more detail. The cockpit, I'm not doing much more than what it's at. No point since won't see any of it later really.

7c11adfa.jpg

aa5df9ea.jpg

acb7ce33.jpg

b9d36a76.jpg

Here's a few updates on where my Lancer is at. The cockpit and nose gear bay are done. I decided to go with black for the seat cushions on mine. The aft ejection seats, I decided I wasn't going to do much, since they're not visible. I've been glueing pennies together for weight, I think I've got enough now! For now I'm waiting for the glass to dry then I'll seal up the two fuselage halves. Let me know what you think.

a43a014f.jpg

e74f12a0.jpg

8c507290.jpg

1b45cfd8.jpg

997b3feb.jpg

3669d9e8.jpg

Edited by Brett M

Little more progress on the Bone.

Wings and Elevators are painted

100207vARIOUSpARTS001.jpg100207vARIOUSpARTS002.jpg

Nose section is closed up and I started filling the bad areas (there are a lot)

100207vARIOUSpARTS003.jpg

Nose gear is complete, main gear is started

100207vARIOUSpARTS004.jpg

Engine pods are started. I added the vanes

100207vARIOUSpARTS006.jpg100207vARIOUSpARTS007.jpg

Started the crew access door

100207vARIOUSpARTS008.jpg

Thanks for looking. Enjoy your Superbowl Sunday.

Cheers

Hi, guys.

I was thinking the other day about this 1/72 B-1 kit I have, but I remember I lost one of the wheels. I know this is a long shot, but does anybody have a spare rev/mon wheel they could send me? If I remember right, the kit was mostly done before I put it up.

Thanks.

Edited by Fustercluck

Wow. Seeing that gap make me wonder if it would be better to assemble the center section to each nose section first, then assemble the two halves. At least that way, you'd have a gap along the top or bottom that you could shim.

That's not going to be a very easy gap to fix. The step I'm seeing there is aweful!

EDIT: I just realized you can't do that. I forgot the center section is broken into a top and bottom half. Nuts! I'm not looking forward to that fix!

I got the center section closed up today, and attached the nose and tail sections. OH MY GOD. This thing is a monster.

100209Fuselagegluedtogether001.jpg

100209Fuselagegluedtogether002.jpg

100209Fuselagegluedtogether003.jpg

The gap at the nose section sucks. It's going to take a lot of work to get this right.

100209Fuselagegluedtogether004.jpg

Tail gap is not bad

100209Fuselagegluedtogether005.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Dana F
Started the crew access door

100207vARIOUSpARTS008.jpg

Thanks for looking. Enjoy your Superbowl Sunday.

Cheers

Son of a.....

How did I miss this.......I didn't know someone has photoetch for the crew access door/ladder. Is that from the Eduard set ?

- Matt

Son of a.....

How did I miss this.......I didn't know someone has photoetch for the crew access door/ladder. Is that from the Eduard set ?

- Matt

Yup...its the detail set with the cockpit interior and misc stuff.

Jesus - God ..................... That thing is huge !

(I know WHY Iv'e been putting mine off now)

Edited by ixgr1

My bad seam is fixed. I ended up cutting a slit along the horizontal seam and the vertical seam with my dremal, then clamped the center part that was overflush to the front section until it was flush. Applied a little bit of CA, and blamo...all fixed. A little bit of filling and priming, and she'll be ready for paint by Monday. Pictures coming tomorrow.

I have a question for you B-1 nuts. What are the 6 circles on the bottom of the fuselage? 3 in the front, 3 in the rear along the centerline.

Cheers

My bad seam is fixed. I ended up cutting a slit along the horizontal seam and the vertical seam with my dremal, then clamped the center part that was overflush to the front section until it was flush. Applied a little bit of CA, and blamo...all fixed. A little bit of filling and priming, and she'll be ready for paint by Monday. Pictures coming tomorrow.

I have a question for you B-1 nuts. What are the 6 circles on the bottom of the fuselage? 3 in the front, 3 in the rear along the centerline.

Cheers

Glad to hear. I'd love to see pics of the fixed area! :)

Learned an important lesson today. Testors All Purpose Spray Enamel Primer SUCKS. ;) It's been 24 hours and it will not sand. It just turns into little balls. You can't even wet sand it. Something so easy has turned into a pain in the butt. RANT OFF :rolleyes:

Learned an important lesson today. Testors All Purpose Spray Enamel Primer SUCKS. :worship: It's been 24 hours and it will not sand. It just turns into little balls. You can't even wet sand it. Something so easy has turned into a pain in the butt. RANT OFF :coolio:

you have to let it dry at 70f for at least 48 hours...primer isnt supposed to be so thick, and testors doesnt really do a good job making it an aerosol. i usually use an air brush w/a 1:4 mix.