What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

Ok forgot to add to this list twice for past purchases this last month so here we go:

At the start of the month:

1 x 1/48 Promodler SB2C-Helldiver

1 x 1/48 Hasegawa P-40E

1 x 1/48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk I

Then on Wednesday I bought:

1 x 1/48 Hasegawa Me-109 E4/7

1 x tube of generic super glue

-Damian

I found the very rare Original Patrick Martin CAF/RCAF Colour Guide 1997 publication (Old Testament Version) at Aviation World... Scooped that one for my collection. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Emil

Spent my $9 & change spending money on model paints. Humbrol 33 (matt black), 34 (matt white), 86 (matt light olive) and 87 (matt steel grey).

Also was able to pick up at relatively NO cost ( :lol: ) the Hasegawa 2005, Italeri 2001, The Revell/Monogram (USA) catalog 2005 and the Academy 2005 catalogs. Lots of stuff to look at now. ;)

Ok last nite picke up the following on trade ins:

In 1/72 for Hatchet:

1 x Hase Viggen

1 x Hase Su-27 (started :thumbsup:)

1 x Italeri Grippen

1 x Italeri Su-34/32

And for me in 1/48:

1 x Nichimo Tackichiwa (sp?) Ki 9 Bi-plane trainer, sorta a lead up to Areoclub's DeHaviland Tiger Moth

1 x Tamiya He-somthingorother UHU for my COIN what-if

-Damian

Out of the realm of aircraft...

I got 2 early model Jeep CJ5 models... to try another genre... before jumping onto the bugs...

sorry, cant post pix...

the old 'bushwhacker' from (yes, honestly 1977)... that name always cracks me up...

and the daisy duke (catherine bach version) re-issue

gonna make them represent my 1976 1:1 version thats in my driveway

I was told a (rather major) companies Canadian distributor wants to use two of my models as guides for a month or so for future releases, due to the paint schemes. Then they apparently want to GIVE me a rather expensive model for my time. :cheers:

Wow, I all ready said I'll take something smaller cause what they want to give me costs a bit. Im just really amazed this is happening. :D

i went to hobby lobby to look around at lunchtime... and i was amazed...

i saw on the shelves...

Hasegawa - several of ARC most mentioned kits

Accurate Miniatures - ALL kits, i think

Tamiya - LOTS of armor, and several aircraft

Academy - 1/32 bug, 1/32 (?) CH-46 USMC, 1/32 F-16 block 40/50

lots of RoG and others...

i was blown away by their selection...

have they started leaning toward 'serious' modellers and away from snap-tites?

it would be goo for the LHS big box store to have some competition... aside from mom-n-pop shops...

has anyone seen this trend where they are?

Ya, the small time store I go to in Kitchener Ontario, An F-16D Barkeet was there a bit back, SOMEBODY bought it.

And a B, (I bought that one) ;) I feel ya have to back your local store (luckily mine has resonable if not great prices) or you wont have a local store.

If I want something, I go tell Ed and he gets it for me. More often then not at a lower price then I would have paid at the better stocked Toronto stores. :cheers:

Well not at the hobby shop, but I signed on the dotted line for a new car today! Pending credit approval, I'm the new owner of a 2005 Mazda Tribute V6 AWD.

Can't argue with 0% financing.

:banana::banana:

Smithery nice Car.... But I bet my Dark Blue '02 Impala can make you pull over!!! :D

Today I got the LE 3 Wing 2000 CF-18 decal sheet in 1/72nd scale. Did not plan to buy but what can I say, temptation got the better of me. :D

Emil

Ya, the small time store I go to in Kitchener Ontario, An F-16D Barkeet was there a bit back, SOMEBODY bought it.

And a B, (I bought that one) :D I feel ya have to back your local store (luckily mine has resonable if not great prices) or you wont have a local store.

If I want something, I go tell Ed and he gets it for me. More often then not at a lower price then I would have paid at the better stocked Toronto stores. :D

Ya Talkin' about Me????? :D

Emil