Has. 1/72 F-110A done at last

Only took two and half months. :P It's just a straight OOB build, limited weathering around the exhaust, no extra bits. I left the missiles as plain inert rounds like the publicity photos. It was easier that way. I busted both pitot tubes on the tail so those had to be replaced with some stretched sprue.

Overall, I could have done better, but its time to call it a build and move on. The photos are crappy and I apologize for that. Jens, I will shoot new photos in the next week or so when the new Nikon arives and email those to you for the website.

tac110a.jpg

tac110b.jpg

Self portrait. I'm the one in back.

mef110.jpg

Rick L.

Great looking Phantom Rick :thumbsup: well done. I have that same Phantom in 1/48, as Hase kit, with raised panel lines :rolleyes:

Only two and a half months, huh. hell I don't even have one close to being painted yet. Hopefully will this week.

Cheers B)

Andy G

PS what are you building next.

Jens, I will shoot new photos in the next week or so when the new Nikon arives and email those to you for the website.

OK, I'll be waiting. :)

Nice job on the model. If your future camera is a Nikon Coolpix you won't regret it! :cheers:

Regards,

The 2 1/2 month comment was of course, sarcasm. :cheers: Especially in light of the fact that guys like Doc can crank these trouble-free kits out during breakfast. But thanks for the compliments. I could have been done sooner since it basically sat like this without underwing stores or canopies for close to a month. Full time farm and ranch work during summer months does not lend itself to quick model building. Oh well.

Andy I think I may have to go back to that nearly finished F-105 that's been patiently sitting on the shelf, looking lost and forsaken. I can't hardly ignore its puppy dog eyes anymore, so I should wrap it up first and then try to finish the F-4 GB with something in a size 1/48 with a bit of color. Stay tuned.

Rick L.

Rick,

Looks great, especially the way you have it displayed.

I'm inspired to do the same model, so would appreciate any links to detail or overall pictures - in particular any that show the silver leading edges. Are the leading edges of the stabs also silver? Stab tips?

Thanks very much. Again - excellent model!

Gene K

Gene K- Sorry I didn't catch your post at first. The two main sources I used were books. Bert Kinzey's Detail and Scale for the F-4C,D, and RF-4C; and the Spirit In The Skies book. Either way, there's very little photo material available for the 110. The best is a large color photo in the Spirit book shot from a high angle (publicity photo) which shows the NM leading edges of the wings, intakes, tail and stabilators. Other photos show the chrome like tips on the drop tanks with a silver circumferential stripe behind the tips. I gave up trying to duplicate that much detail! A couple other things; gear door edges are white, not red like the Navy and throw the brown kit decal for the anti glare panel away. It's green. I used Green Drab FS 34086 paint. I couldn't tell you if that's correct, but it looks OK.

It's a great kit. Hope you like lots of stencils :thumbsup:

phantom- You most certainly can build your F-110. Duplicates don't matter in the GB. You just have to promise to do a better job than I did :D

Rick L.

The best is a large color photo in the Spirit book shot from a high angle (publicity photo) which shows the NM leading edges of the wings, intakes, tail and stabilators.

Rick,

Did the wings have the rectangular trunion cover on top of the wings?

Gene K

Rick,

Superb build and from your shots I first thought it was 1/48 because of the fantastic detail level, but 1/72 thats a real beauty.

As for my Phantom power building well its kinda ground to a halt whilst I sorted out the end of the PACAIR GB and now the Battle of Britain GB starts 1st Sept I fear my last F-4 may take a while..................... at least a week !! :thumbsup:

Well done Rick, more please.

Doc