OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY!

i'd have like to see a A-6E rather than A-6A....but i'll live with it..

Me too, but I read on another forum that only a few additions (TRAM, scoop, airbrakes, IPs) are needed to make an A into an E, so I'm sure some enterprising resin company will come to our rescue.

i'd have like to see a A-6E rather than A-6A....but i'll live with it..

Me too, but I read on another forum that only a few additions (TRAM, scoop, airbrakes, IPs) are needed to make an A into an E, so I'm sure some enterprising resin company will come to our rescue.

That or if we are really really lucky Trumpter will be including extra sprues to make a KA-6D, A-6B Standard ARM, and possible even a A-6C. Or have them scheduled for a later release.

guys there arent any great differences between all of those variants exept some pods sticking out somewhere on the fuselage and some antennas here and there.

an EA-6 would require a new tail.

nothing BB couldnt fix :lol:

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

ps yes mungo i go for a crusader in 1/32

Edited by stusbke

Nope there were 19 conversions of A-6A into B PAT/STARM or A-6B TIAS. The A-6B later on had a mod done called TIAS or Target Identification Acquistion Systems. This included a number of "button" antennas on the nose of the aircraft that were designed to recieve radar information and provide what band the radar operated in along with bearing to the target. This along with a slight change in the way that the B/N's radar scope display target data and weapon selection control boxes. There were 5 known combat losses of B's during Vietnam. The rest were convert after 1975 into E's and the final conversion was done in 1979. In the Squadron/signal publication "A-6 Intruder in Action" they have pictures of what the TIAS mod looks like and to date there is only one aftermarket company called Obscureco Models that had made a mod for the old Fuijmi A-6A "Knight Riders" kit.

I have included a JPG that lists all the remaining BuNo's for the B's from 1974.

The only complaint I have is this is just another $100 plus model I want and may not be able to afford! These prices need to get under control. There are many of us that don't have an extra couple of hundred dollars lying around at any given time. :)

The only complaint I have is this is just another $100 plus model I want and may not be able to afford! These prices need to get under control. There are many of us that don't have an extra couple of hundred dollars lying around at any given time. :thumbsup:

yeah but when was the last time you spent a hundred dollars for a table fillend with plastic? ;) :thumbsup::cheers:

this beast is huge, huge i tell ya :cheers: so 100 dollars is a fair price, its over twice the amount of plastic you get for a small f-16 in 1/32 by tamiya so i think its a fair price.

just my 0.02

greetz STB

I think I could get one of those... If my tamiya f-16 does not arrive b4 x-mas... Indeed, I m waiting this a a birthday present ( december 2004! ) ... so the A6 will be there before the f-16 lol

Otherwise, for those who complain about the price tag... I would say that this is a fair price...Ok, 100$ or € is a lot of money, but if you look at some car models (like the enzo from tamiya), you receive 1/4 of plastic for the same price... but u don't get as much pleasure...

Have a nice day guys!

The price won't I guess be too much of a problem for me I guess, since the move to 32nd , the rate of stas if it takes h build up has dropped waaay off , its difficult to justify 5-6 Tamiya F-4's in storage , when it takes 2-3 months to build one .. so i've got a fair amount of leeway as regrds buying these days !

Back to economics for a moment - ok the A-6 kit will be around $100-110 , (say £70 my side of the pond) but it'll take 2-3 months of construction time , more if your're really going for it , how many 48th scale kits can you build in that time .... :bandhead2:

I treat each of my 32nd scale projects as a collection of small kits that only get brought together at the end of the build processs that way you don't get bored , and tempted to wander off and start something new - well that's how it works for me ...

• 3 years later...