What did you see today?

I saw a CC-130 go low over my office today on its way to land at London airport (not sure why it's going there, though). The exhaust was very visible - reminded me of a prop-driven F-4! I'm looking forward to when we replace these old birds with CC-130Js.

Cheers,

Scott

Edited by Scott Taylor

That was a great day of sunshine wasn't it Koen? :blink: The luck was on our side when the Spanish ECM falcon dropped by in full sunshine to show of these dark colors :whistle:

IMG_5348-editAPE_1200A.jpg

other nice ones where

IMG_5335-editAPE_1200A.jpg

IMG_5526-editAPE_1200.jpg

IMG_5354editAPE_1200A.jpg

P.S. that Tornado F.3 ZG797, C departed afterwards of the TLP mission. The German UH-1D also arrived after you guys left the area... Greetings!

IMG_5796-editAPE_1200TornadoF.jpg

And for a bonus, not quite like the above but not less of a beauty :P

IMG_5127-editAPE_1200A.jpg

Oh, and monday, this one visited Brussels:

IMG_4582-editAPE_1200A-HSI.jpg

Greetings!

B-17 Liberty Bell has been flying out of Deer Valley Airport here in Phoenix all week. Saw it up this morning on my way to work. Only 400 USD for a 45 minute ride!! I wish I could afford it but with all those new Tamiya 1/48 F-16s inbound :woot.gif:

Aside from the CC-130 and a CH-146 Griffon that flew over yesterday, this morning I saw an S-58/CH-34, of all things, fly low over my office. I'm going to have to take a drive to the airport this evening to see whether any of this stuff is still around so that I can get some pictures. Apparently there is some sort of SAR exercise going on.

Cheers,

Scott

Heard first and then picked out two Spitfires that looked like they were flying over Rougham airfield near Bury St Edmunds. Tomorrow we may go troll Duxford and see if anyone is flying anything different.

JMC

I saw an older C-130 departing from McGuire AFB. It had white upper surfaces and grey undersides, and the bottom half of the tail was painted green with a bright yellow "L" on it. Any ideas?

I saw an older C-130 departing from McGuire AFB. It had white upper surfaces and grey undersides, and the bottom half of the tail was painted green with a bright yellow "L" on it. Any ideas?

Linden Air Cargo I think, they do a lot of charters for the military. I also spotted one of them when it arrived at Ramstein AFB, Germany