What if Schemes

Seeing Eddies's F-15 Blue Angles Aircraft, it got me thinking what would I like to do for a what if paint scheme. I just thought I would post it and see if you guys had any thoughts of what you would do. I do not have the net at home I can only use it at the library so I am going to think on this and post eary next week.

Maybe we can make this a GB for the year of 2008. Start date of January 1st and ending on December 31st

Edited by jimz66

I've been wanting to do a Fiat G-91 in a fictitious air racer scheme, based on the early '80's Ferrari F-1 cars. I actually have a set of decals already from the Protar 1/24 Ferrari 126-C2.

I'd also like to do a few What-if Canadian fast jets. Funny, we were talking about that at the last ARC Muddy River Modelers Chapter meeting.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

How 'bout a big ejection seat triangle on the wing? Any part of the a/c not covered by the triangle could be yellow and black striped...

I always thought it'd be cool for the Marines to have a Harrier demonstration team like the Blue Angels. Imagine 6 planes doing V-stol manuevers. Any ideas as to the paint scheme of such a team?

Bill

I always thought it'd be cool for the Marines to have a Harrier demonstration team like the Blue Angels. Imagine 6 planes doing V-stol manuevers. Any ideas as to the paint scheme of such a team?

Bill

I actually drew out a scheme. It was based on the Marine dress uniform. The radome was black, the front fuselage was white, the middle fuselage was royal blue, and the rear was insignia blue. The numbers on the tail were red, and each color was separated by a red cheat line. I've got a Harrier all built that's not in the best of condition, so I might just take a stab at repainting it.

I've thought the N/AW A-10 (2-seater) would make a very plausible Navy carrier attack aircraft... Pick an old A-6 or A-7 squadron...The heavy-duty gear already looks the part; add a 'real' tailhook, and folding wings. Finish it off with Gloss Gull Grey over White, and hi-viz markings, and I think that could almost work. The new Hobby Boss kit might make that Wif doable...

well im personally doing a what if right now its a F-14B Jolly Rogers bird...how ever im still debating whether or not to do a WWII Pacific Color Scheme or a WWII Atlantic Scheme...either way the markings will be a mix of old school and new school....also i was thinking of either a Typhoon or NH-90 in some sort of US NAVY Scheme.

Edit: i would also be down for a What if GB

Edited by Kale

I'm thinking about doing a F/A-18D in IDF/AF colors.

In 1994, the Scorpion Sq. tested 2 F/A-18D Hornets for the next IAF fighter, but after testing IDF/AF chose to go with F-16I cause it was cheaper.

So, I think a F/A-18D with 2 scorpions on it's tails will be eye catching model. :doh:

Mike

I've thought the N/AW A-10 (2-seater) would make a very plausible Navy carrier attack aircraft... Pick an old A-6 or A-7 squadron...The heavy-duty gear already looks the part; add a 'real' tailhook, and folding wings. Finish it off with Gloss Gull Grey over White, and hi-viz markings, and I think that could almost work. The new Hobby Boss kit might make that Wif doable...

A-10N_1970s.jpg

A-10N_1980s.jpg

A-10N_1990s.jpg