1/32 Su-25 frogfoot from china

Song, thank you for posting the pics. I will do some comparing now. :woot.gif:

Edit:

14izngm.jpg

What i feared judging from pics. Me sad panda. :woot.gif:

I will also compare the drawing to pictures.

Edited by Berkut

Looks good for me, though... something tells me that the upper surface of the engine cowling a bit too curved. And yet, maybe I'm wrong, but the fuselage looks to be a bit fat. One more inaccuracy is that the lower portion of the cowling adjacent to the nozzle is nearly stright, whilst that of the real thing is curved. But it's not too that bad. :woot.gif:

But I wanted to know what the price will be? :woot.gif:

Cheers!

Alexander.

What i feared judging from pics. Me sad panda. :(

Wow. Just to point out some major errors. The engines are short and positioned too low which makes the wings too low and if the fuselage length was judged by the distance between the engine exhaust and the vertical stabilizer, it also caused the rear fuselage to be too short. Hopefully, the rear bottom fuselage is not too deep and the rear of the engine nacelles is below the fuselage so it would be easier to fix. Also, the engine intakes seem to be too rounded, almost circle shaped. They should be vertically elongated. I will skip the canopy length because it seems almost acceptable considering these major problems.

I was so looking forward to all these Soviet planes in 1/32. But, first that MiG-23 appears with its squared intakes and now this. I mean, I am definitelly getting the Su-24 because it looks the part, but I cannot buy the MiG-23 and Su-25 with such glaring errors. OK, if the MiG-23's only major issue is the intakes' shape, it can be corrected with some aftermarket parts, but this Su-25 engine position and rear fuselage is a mess.

I thought things would be improving.. Hopefully it's not too late to correct these issues :(

Edited by ijozic
I thought things would be improving.. Hopefully it's not too late to correct these issues :(

If there are big issues, it's too late: Song's model is made from plastic, it isn't a prototype.

Please do so. Drawings can be a poor representation of the reality.

Edited by Laurent
Please do so. Drawings can be a poor representation of the reality.

I have compared the drawing against two pictures; On one pic the drawing fitted almost perfect, but on the other it was rather off. So, does anyone have nice sideprofile pics of Su-25? In high res if possible.

Maybe this one?

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-phot...3/4/1352432.jpg

From the quick look over it, unfortunately, it seems to match the drawings which would make the rear engine nacelle and the whole rear part of the kit much too short. What a shame; I really like the details on this kit. I guess I'll have to go for the Eduard reissue of the KP/OEZ kit.

Edited by ijozic
...... but the fuselage looks to be a bit fat......

I thought the exact same thing.

I could tell by looking at the side view that it appeared too short in overall length. I didn't know where, but the line drawing pretty much confirms it.

Does it bother me?.....no. But I figured if I, of all people, picked up on it at first glance, I'm sure those who know much more about the airframe will really be able to pick it apart. If it is possible to fix it at this point in the game, I'd sure do it.....simply because it is pretty darn noticeable even to an untrained eye.

Trust me, I'm the kind of person who usually can't tell where something is wrong with a kit, but this one was kind of obvious to me.

What seems weird to me is the nose and everything is spot on (when compared to the drawing), but the rear 1/3 of the model is so different. How is that possible? Is the model of one type of Su-25 variant and the line drawing is of another???

I'm wondering if when they saw the length measurements they used from the tips of the probes on the nose versus the tip of the nose over the targeting window. I agree that the kit looks good up to where the engines begin to edge up.

Also the tail, is that a T-8 tail versus a operational one? Also did not the later single seaters utilize the taller tail that was first seen on the two seater?

Aha, now, after Berkut's comparing, I figured why it seemd to look a bit fat, because it's too short!! Too bad!

Too many problems to fix, I'll better give up the idea of buying that beast. :)

Cheers!

Alexander.

If there are big issues, it's too late: Song's model is made from plastic, it isn't a prototype.

Obviously it's a preproduction sample, but they might still decide to scrub it and modify the master model and make a new tool or whatever they do (yeah, fat chance, I know :) ).

just looking at the first few pics I could tell it was dorked up.

Same here... And if I can it's wrong without having someone pointing it out before, then it must be really bad. Like Mikey, I think the front side of the model is okay... The rear is waaaaay off.

Ricardo

What seems weird to me is the nose and everything is spot on (when compared to the drawing), but the rear 1/3 of the model is so different. How is that possible? Is the model of one type of Su-25 variant and the line drawing is of another???

Yeah. I have some trouble with aligning the drawing to the pictures of the real ac tho. The tail is so different on the drawing compared to the pictures so far. :) I fear the drawing might be not accurate. Although as i said, one pic fitted almost perfectly into the drawings. I need to check this more after work.

Here:

98ye03.jpg

Also the tail, is that a T-8 tail versus a operational one?

The tail isn't T-8 one, they got that right.

Edited by Berkut
Obviously it's a preproduction sample, but they might still decide to scrub it and modify the master model and make a new tool or whatever they do (yeah, fat chance, I know :rolleyes: ).

i really hope so...

but the 2 last time i've seen a trum model gone at this point, they had did'nt change much...

(remenber 1/32 mig-23, and 1/48 su-24...)

it's sad that the fuselage length didn't match...

since it's not a straight body, it will be very hard to correct... (it's not like just adding some millimetres...)

maybe they wanted Zacto to have work for many years to come! :)

isn't weird that the front 1/4 part of the body nearly match the drawing? ...and then something happened!

by the way, thanks, Song, to post thoses pics!

Looks like they may use the "in box" weapons set to lure in buyers.

I see a bomb rack that I've never seen in any scale before....one that has been used (I think on the Mig-25 variants....I may be wrong....I don't have references in front of me) and the Mig-23 in Afghanistan.

If they load it up with never before seen ordinance and racks....they could use it as a ploy to get buyers.

As for the aircraft itslef; the main thing that stands out to me is how short it looks ..... I can live with some shape errors....but this one may cross my invisible line into deal breaker territory.....a real shame because it still looks like a good kit with good detail.....but let's fix the shape issue if it's not too late.

- Matt

Oh my.

This was another kit I was expecting to see but if it looks like this... I mean like people have aleady said, no drawings, no photos are needed because it's all there to see! So clearly. Unfortunately.

Song, with all due respect, maybe it would be time to step out the office, forget the wonderful world of internet, find a 1:1 example and MEASURE it. Also, if there are any problems with all the different versions and sub-types etc., please post questions here on ARC (or some other site) and I'm sure there are people who can help out.

It would certainly be a time for a "perfect" Trumpeter model. This still isn't one.

:)

Oh my.

This was another kit I was expecting to see but if it looks like this... I mean like people have aleady said, no drawings, no photos are needed because it's all there to see! So clearly. Unfortunately.

Song, with all due respect, maybe it would be time to step out the office, forget the wonderful world of internet, find a 1:1 example and MEASURE it. Also, if there are any problems with all the different versions and sub-types etc., please post questions here on ARC (or some other site) and I'm sure there are people who can help out.

It would certainly be a time for a "perfect" Trumpeter model. This still isn't one.

That's great idea! We can get them a ton of refers so that they finally would issue a nice scaled copy of the real thing!

I think it's one more argument in favour for the new Kit Review Section. :)

Cheers!

Alexander.

:rolleyes:

When I can see that there is a problem with a kit WITHOUT laying it over plans, then there's a problem.

This kit has problems.

With the Su-24 it took some work to ferret out the issues, but with this one, from the very first pictures, YUCK... THIS one is a disappointment. And what's bad is, even when the invariable scale down to 1/48 occurs, it'll still be wrong.

I hate it when it happens, but this is a case where they need to delay the release and go back to the drawing boards.