Coming out from the Pipe line...

It looks like the drawing is a mix of A-6E and EA-6A??? The EA-6A was the only one to carry the outer pylons??

Also, the pito tube on the tail?

Also, is the air scoop intake on the wing root on the wrong side?

Also, is there going to be a TRAM version?

Also, make sure that the leading edge of the inner wings (close to the fuselage) has the "strakes".(?)

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I beleive that in this rendering the model is mixing parts from other versions, as we can see in the previous Tracker, an S-2E mixing parts of S-2A.... I believe that it seems that we will get all those further!

:cheers:

I beleive that in this rendering the model is mixing parts from other versions, as we can see in the previous Tracker, an S-2E mixing parts of S-2A.... I believe that it seems that we will get all those further!

:banana:

Most of that CAD drawing details is an EA-6A, minus the football on the tail. Three wing fences on each wing? Characteristic of the EA-6A. Not only that, the radome itself (though I cannot tell about the length) and it's details are EA-6A. The scoop on the port fuselage only is found on the A-6E and TRAM versions.

Dear Kinetic, I'd like an A-6A/E/TRAM, not an EA-6A please.

Leaving aside comments on the CADD or issues with previous releases from Kinetic, what ordnance loadouts would you like to see with the A-6s?

Considering for most of thier operational lives they were dumb bomb 'bomb trucks' Snakeye Mk 82s, Slick Mk 82's maybe Rockeye CBUs for the Vietnam era 'A's

For the 'E's Harpoons (already have them in the NATO weapons set) and what else? AGM-123 Skippers?

Ironhand 'B's if they are coming....Shrikes and what else?

These may be good ideas for including with the kits or possibly as Skunkmodels stand alone kits that start to reach into Vietnam era weaponry

Well, for the A model, at least a dozen Snakeye (or Rockeye) would be a good start. 18 or 24 would be good also.

But I'd really like to see the D-704 buddy store included as we used them on our A's often enough.

Oh yeah, and the proper seats for the A model.

Gary

Edited by Gary F

Hopefully they'll offer enough stores to give the builder options, if they want to do a full load of bombs or a mix of bombs and tanks, they can. For the A, Snakeyes and Rockeyes as mentioned and some Mk-83s would be nice as well. For the E, Mk-82R -the later style Snakeye fin - and Mk-83s with AIR tails.

Jari

I would love to see A-6A's with the option for Mk80 series bombs, Rockeyes, Walleye I (if I remember they tried to use Walleye on the Than Hoa Bridge), a buddy store, and a B-57 or B-61 Shape. With the A-6B they primarly carried AGM-45 and AGM-78 STARMs. I would also love to see the TRIM pod produced as well so we could produce a couple birds like that. Maybe a couple Mk60 Captors or Mk56 Mine. With the A-6E's you could go with Skippers II, Harpoon, Dumb Bombs, Maverick, Paveway bombs, I have even seen them carry both Zuni and FFAR rocket pods.

What, no pics?

No topic without pics :cheers:

Probably started to get too many critical comments based upon the CADD. Might also be the tone of replies.

Lets see the plastic and just take guesses as to what we will be seeing released, it looked like we'll see an EA-6A as well as possibly an A-6B - based upon what little I know of that variant and the appearance of the radome - which looked to have some 'non-standard' details