Watched all 4 games this weekend, only the last one was decent, the others were pretty much all blow-outs. It was truly enjoyable to see Pittsburgh blow it in OT. Looking forward to seeing Tebow and company come to NE next week but feel that it's all a moot point since I don't see anyone in the league that can touch Green Bay. Regardless, there should be some good football over the next few weeks.

Edited by 11bee

I am NOT counting out New Orleans. THEY can stop Green Bay if they get a shot at em. Of course they have to go through SF first. But Brees is playing like a man possessed in terms of his throwing accuracy.

Good grief. I had a feeling Denver was going to overhaul the Steelers. But, I was expecting Ben to throw more game changing picks. It was NICE to see Tebow play like a real QB and show people that he CAN win as a QB as well (even if he has the weirdest throwing motion in the NFL).

Watched all 4 games this weekend, only the last one was decent, the others were pretty much all blow-outs. It was truly enjoyable to see Pittsburgh blow it in OT. Looking forward to seeing Tebow and company come to NE next week but feel that it's all a moot point since I don't see anyone in the league that can touch Green Bay. Regardless, there should be some good football over the next few weeks.

Yeah after the hurting the Steelers put on you I would be happy to welcome the Broncos too :taunt:

I have only one thing to say to 11bee (GO DENVER,BEAT PATS) I hate the pats but i think its going to be a great game nonetheless,the game im looking forward to is the g-men/packers game im a diehard giants fan and if the giants win im tormenting every packer fan in my town newport.

Sorry to see the Steelers lose, but Denver played a good game. Ben was not his usual mobile self and that last TD was a heartbreaker. On the otherhand, I don't think Denver has a snowballs chance of beating New England.

KC Chiefs?????

Indeed they did and as a Packers fan, may I say for the better. Green Bay had become complacent and needed a good kick in the @ss before heading into the playoffs. Playing KC was like hitting the reboot button for Green Bay.

Respect to KC for playing the game they did!

Sorry to see the Steelers lose, but Denver played a good game. Ben was not his usual mobile self and that last TD was a heartbreaker. On the otherhand, I don't think Denver has a snowballs chance of beating New England.

Me neither. I would not be surprised to see them get crushed. They deserved to win today, however.

Me neither. I would not be surprised to see them get crushed. They deserved to win today, however.

Oops. Sorry for the double post.

Edited by DutyCat

For me the season is now over. I pretty much don't care who is on the receiving end of a 60 point blowout by either Rodgers or Brees in the Superbowl. And whilst all we'll hear about for the next week is how wonderful Te-blow is he didn't win the game, the Steelers lost it. We played probably the worst defensive scheme I've seen le Beau put on the field in a long while. It's like we went into the game thinking 'They won't be able to pass on us, all we need to do is stop the run'. And then they spend the evening passing all over us. Our O was hobbled and hampered but, outside of the first quarter, the D was just plain awful. No pressure on Te-blow, multiple blown coverages, no passion.

The only thing that would cheer me up now is to see Ike Taylor fired. Out of a cannon.

Vince

Edited by vince14

I hope the Giants of New York humiliate the Packers of Green Bay. Chances are it won't happen...just saying it would be nice..

Chances are slim and none. That said, bigger upsets have happened in the NFL playoffs.

It could happen, but if I were a betting man I'd bet against it happening.

Yeah I am prepping for six days of Teebow mania, then for them to be destroyed by the Pats again and everyone flipping to the opposite "Teebow overrated?!" The one thing that makes me happy about Tim Teebow though is it has (at least for the moment) Gotten Denver fans off of John Elway's junk. My home state is lousy with Bronco fans. There is no "bronco Nation" It is an elway cult that should be raided and burned down by the government! LOL

As for me, the Saints are MY team (weird reasons as to why that is, but I am fully prepared to wear a bag over my head if they become the "Aints" again). The kick GB got from KC is exactly the same kind of kick that the Rams gave to the Saints (how do you lose to the Rams?) and it helped a lot. As such, don't give Aaron and the boys the Lombardi yet. Aaron may get the NFL MVP honors, although I think a case can be made for Drew's record setting play this year (the guy has the accuracy of a satellite launcher!).

As for Denver vs. the Patriots, it will be a tall order. But I am NOT going to say it is a foregone conclusion that the Patriots will win as the talking heads on the sports programs were saying the Steelers would walk all over Tebow (only Cowherd at ESPN seemed to say that Ben was going to be hobbled and Denver wasn't going to necessarily be a complete pushover, but he still picked the Steelers).

This is why you PLAY football games afterall. There are plans, there are hopes. But 60 minutes of regulation mean that SOMEBODY is going to get surprised and not necessarily in a good way. Besides, if God has a sense of humor, I have this image in my head of the Superbowl featuring Green Bay vs. Denver. I don't necessarily WANT it to happen that way as I want the Saints to represent the NFC and a game like Saints vs. Ravens I think would make for a GREAT game (and I believe Baltimore can beat New England). But, I am not going to say a GB Denver matchup is impossible either as the post season has a way of doing weird things like this.

Yeah I am prepping for six days of Teebow mania, then for them to be destroyed by the Pats again and everyone flipping to the opposite "Teebow overrated?!" The one thing that makes me happy about Tim Teebow though is it has (at least for the moment) Gotten Denver fans off of John Elway's junk. My home state is lousy with Bronco fans. There is no "bronco Nation" It is an elway cult that should be raided and burned down by the government! LOL

How dare you speak of the man whose name is to holy to mention in that manner. On the 2nd day God created the greatest QB ever, and the state of Colorado rested. You my friend, may want to repent before the fires of hell consume you for talking of our great and annointed leader that way. Tebow is only great because he was blessed by the one whose name is to holy to mention.

How dare you speak of the man whose name is to holy to mention in that manner. On the 2nd day God created the greatest QB ever, and the state of Colorado rested. You my friend, may want to repent before the fires of hell consume you for talking of our great and annointed leader that way. Tebow is only great because he was blessed by the one whose name is to holy to mention.

LOL! a man who understands. :thumbsup:

I gotta hand it to TeBow for bringing excitement to the game.

Still don't understand the Tebow haters our there. I don't see that here at ARC mind you, just elsewhere I visit and listen (yes, I have a life outside ARC). :sunrevolves:

I gotta hand it to TeBow for bringing excitement to the game.

Still don't understand the Tebow haters our there. I don't see that here at ARC mind you, just elsewhere I visit and listen (yes, I have a life outside ARC). :sunrevolves:

I'm not a Tebow hater myself, just don't quite understand the correlation between all the hype and the statistics. It isn't like he is putting up record shattering statistics or put together a great season. I watched yesterdays Pittsburgh/Denver game and saw a QB who shows flashes of good play occasionally peppered with mistakes made by the opposing defense.

Denver's D won the game for them the way I see it.

just don't quite understand the correlation between all the hype and the statistics. It isn't like he is putting up record shattering statistics or put together a great season. I watched yesterdays Pittsburgh/Denver game and saw a QB who shows flashes of good play occasionally peppered with mistakes made by the opposing defense.

Its basically ESPN's self licking Ice Cream cone. Example First half of the season: "The Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl!!" Back half of the season: "why aren't the eagles winning? People said this team was going all the way..." well you said it, I don't know about everyone else. they do the same thing with the cowboys EVERY SEASON. It doesn't matter that the Cowboys have only won a single playoff game in over a decade, we must talk about them! Who cares if the Cowboys, Bears, Eagles, Chargers, Broncos, Jets, Cardinals, and Raiders all finished with the same 8-8 record, We will talk only about the Eagles and Cowboys being able to win the big one next season.

ESPN basically trolls. How much do they Troll? Well:

White-Michael-Vick.gif

They write hard hitting stories like "What if Michael Vick was white?" ...Yeah thats not controversial and pointless.

Like I said they can now get 2 weeks worth of Teebow Hype, one for this week, and one when he loses after being hyped so much. Repeat as necessary. If teebow beats the pats its just more Teebow mania-- until he loses and then they can play the "overrated?/overhyped? story they wrote last week. the more you blow up a story the more there is to report, so life gets easier for sports pundits.

I give the D a lot of credit also because they have kept it close enough to have a lot of miracle comebacks.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat