Hobbyboss 1:48 su-27

STOP WITH THE RUBBER TIRES!!!!!! AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

:bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/>

John

No kidding. Agree 1000%. I know why the companies do it. Simple reason is that they want to get the detail on the threads and the side wall. Other companies seem to have figured out how to do this with injection plastic. I would take a little less detail on the tires if I did not have to deal with the rubber. Ever try to sand a flat spot on the rubber tires :rofl: :rofl:

That can be fixed but those wingtips....on real a/c they are bent downwards just like the nose, on HB kit they are horisontal and on assembled kit look like they are pointing upwards bwcause of nose slope!

P

Edited by Petarvu

The top surface of the missile rails is not straight (as on many kits) but it has a slight break at its front upwards.

It will be interesting to see the sprues close up or a built example to make a verdict. Still they will make money with the kit and most people will say they dont care about such minor issues . . .

Best regards

Gabor

The top surface of the missile rails is not straight (as on many kits) but it has a slight break at its front upwards.

It will be interesting to see the sprues close up or a built example to make a verdict. Still they will make money with the kit and most people will say they dont care about such minor issues . . .

Best regards

Gabor

Yes I know. Strangely HB kit has wingtip rails with correct break upwards, that makes the situation even worse because they are horisontal. There is built Su-27 from J-11 on BM, it is clearly visible....

I agree , kit is way better than Academy, HB made it first and it will surely sell well..

P

Edited by Petarvu

Like this.......

su-27 wingtip washout.jpg

The bending downwards of the wing tip leading edge is called 'washout' and is quite common on a lot of aircraft.

You can also see the break that Gabor mentions - they are the clamshell doors that open to connect the missiles electrical systems.

Ken

Like this.......

su-27 wingtip washout.jpg

The bending downwards of the wing tip leading edge is called 'washout' and is quite common on a lot of aircraft.

You can also see the break that Gabor mentions - they are the clamshell doors that open to connect the missiles electrical systems.

Ken

Any idea how to replicate this on HB kit withouth washout...?

Cheers

P

There is a downward turn in the wings going to the outer edge. If it is not there on the kit then you will be in trouble to immitate the correct "downward" pointing missile rails. You could always reattach them at a correct angle only then on the inner side it will look a bit strange!

The top brake of the missile rail is a bit further back than the front clamshell doors. The upward brake is responsible for the strange conversion from square cross section (at teh back) to the semi circular in front.

Still I think we need to see the actual kit before making any judgement.

Best regards

Gabor

Actually there are two versions of the front part (wing tip missile rails) on the Su-27 family of aircraft. They open in a slightly different way and have detail differences in the “panel lines” on them.

The one you show Ken and there is a version with a Chrome “nipple” at the front. It is actually a screw which opens up the clam shells for connecting the umbilical of the missile to the launch rail.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor