Dropped flaps/wingfold for superhornet in 1/72  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one?

• Yes - Dropped Flaps only
    • Yes- Wingfold only
    • Yes - All of them!
    • No! it's not necessary

Hoi,

It would be nice to have a set of the dropped flaps. It really gives the SH a different look. I would be in for one. Dropped w/ wing folds, seems like it would be a bit too much for my skills.

On the LH, let's see what Academy has in store... probably no dropped flaps either.

later

Ruud

I have two 1/72 Hasegawa Super Hornets and a whole pile of 1/72 (CF)F/A-18A/B/C/D Hornets in the stash. So I would be down for one (perhaps two?) SH set(s) and at least one or two for the LH.

Regards,

Don

I'd be in for a number of the dropped flaps for the LH. I have quite a few of these in my "to do" pile and as Iron Eagle mentioned in his post, the Hornets are almost always seen with dropped flaps. I might do one with wing folds, but I beleive the number of people who would use dropped flaps only would be more common. Kinda surprised as to how the survey is developing in this thread with the wing folds outnumbering the flaps only votes! :cheers:

Mike

What I need is a dozen of ATFLIR pods in 1/72!

;)

And, an adapter for the kit-supplied TFLIR for the legacy Hornets by Hasegawa, too. Arguably, a more needed item than a new ATFLIR pod in that while you can put a TFLIR on the Super Hornets, and tweak the TFLIR to more or less resemble the ATFLIR, there is no adapter available to put either of them on a Legacy bird unless you use the Italeri kit, in which case you are constrained to use both the TFLIR and the LST/SCAM with no option for fuselage missiles...and the Hasegawa kit is better than the Italeri too.

Hoi,

That is great to hear Dave. The Hornet is a sweet looking plane, but it just looks a little more "business-like" with the dropped flaps. I am so looking forward to the new Academy kit...

later

Ruud

Personally I'd rather see intake trunking for thosee kits.

Regards,

Murph

I'm gonna have to agree with our distinguished representative from the (ch)Air Force.

However, if that's a no-go, then the flaps are good enough for me.

Cheers,

Milo