F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

What's inaccurate about the sheet?

You might want to shed some light on the subject.

As far as I can tell, ES got it pretty darn close.

I was just under the impression that the ES sheet was inacurate because a lot of them are and I had never seen a pic of this jet before. That in until Henk just posted one just now!!!! More of that jet please!!!!! I think I just found my new build. :D The free lancers are far to overlooked in my opinion. There jets look sharp!

Edited by tomthegrom
I was just under the impression that the ES sheet was inacurate because a lot of them are and I had never seen a pic of this jet before. That in until Henk just posted one just now!!!! More of that jet please!!!!! I think I just found my new build. :coolio: The free lancers are far to overlooked in my opinion. There jets look sharp!

Beleive it or not, ES did a pretty decent job on most of their F-14 sheets (the VF-21 sheet being one of them).

That is my favorite VF-21 F-14 and is on my "one day I'll do it list", but I'm way too much into F-14B's right now..

Oh man, looking at all of the cool Tomcat photos....I have a one serious case of pure jealousy cause I don't have any F-14 Tomcat photos in my personly collection that I can be proud to say that I took it. They retired the Tomcat before I picked up the camera, but I was lucky enough to see it fly at Nellis Show in 04 in it's full Glory.

So, to all you Tomcat Gurus....do you all have good photos of VX-4/5/9/23/30 in your collection that you like to share with us. I'm a big fan of these squadrons and I would love to see some good photos of them. And yes, keep them coming. TIA

Mike Singh

ps; new Tomcat book?? Dave, can you please fill me in on this :coolio:

Edited by Youngtiger1
Oh man, looking at all of the cool Tomcat photos....I have a one serious case of pure jealousy cause I don't have any F-14 Tomcat photos in my personly collection that I can be proud to say that I took it. They retired the Tomcat before I picked up the camra but I was lucky enough to see it fly in the Nellis Show in 04 in it's full Glory.

So, to all you Tomcat Gurus....do you all have good photos of VX-4/5/9/23/30 in your collection that you like to share with us. I'm a big fan of these squadrons and I would love to see some good photos of them. And yes, keep them coming. TIA

Mike Singh

ps; new Tomcat book?? Dave, can you please fill me in on this :coolio:

Mike-

If you want some F-14 pics for your collection, I have a few prints I could send you. It may take me a bit to get them to you because I'm real slow about mailing things due to my job. I don't have any of the squadrons you're asking for, so you'll have to settle for VF-103, 211, 213, and 31.

Colorado bridge? :coolio: I miss San Diego

Coronado Bay Bridge ...

ARE there any pics of a FUBIJAR Tomcat?

They never actually had airframes assigned to them, they mostly borrowed VF-301 and -302's jets ...

At least that's what I understand ...

Gregg

Tomcat Fanatic,

VF-1285 never had assigned jets. They flew assests from VF-301/-302. And to be honest, -1285 aircrew did not fly Tomcats per se--some bubbas did make the transition to the Turkey and were picked up by -301 or -302, but others did not. Also, the NKX SAU (SELRES Augment Unit) was VF-1485, and these bubbas flew w/ VF-124 as "borrowed" instructors. So like their bros in VF-1285, The Fighting Americans had no assigned jets either.

r/ M'Dog

Mike-

If you want some F-14 pics for your collection, I have a few prints I could send you. It may take me a bit to get them to you because I'm real slow about mailing things due to my job. I don't have any of the squadrons you're asking for, so you'll have to settle for VF-103, 211, 213, and 31.

Brian,

You are as always a Gentleman. Yes, I would love that and VF-103 Oh Yeah Baby! I'm down with that as well. :thumbsup:

Mike

ps; Brian it seem that your mail box is full. Please email me when ever possible. TIA

Edited by Youngtiger1

Hey Brian!!!!!! ;) When your able to send the stuff your sending me, I would not object to a 31, 213 and 103 sheet!!!!! Your photos do tend to be slightly freaking awesome!!!!!

Always like this angle. Vandy 1 F-14D. They were doing lots of asymmetrical GBU testing so they had all four racks on.

vandy1low.jpg

A lot of my VX-9 Tomcats are in Real Aviation and easily searched. A few months back I scanned about 1500 of my Tomcat collection so when I'm back at the end of the month, I'll start posting stuff. Lots of VF-24, 211, 154, 213, 31, 11 (D), Nsawc, VX-9!

Ok, 1 more handy VX-9 shot

241smallcopy.jpg

-brian

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals

Hey Brian!!!!!! :D When your able to send the stuff your sending me, I would not object to a 31, 213 and 103 sheet!!!!! Your photos do tend to be slightly freaking awesome!!!!!

Oh don't worry...I got something in the way of walk arounds of all of VF-31's last tomcats coming to you. :banana:

Here is a scan of VX-4 F-14B 162911 XF-40 ( aug 1992 ) , I seem to remember that this scheme was used right after the Tailhook scandal .

VX-4F-14B162911XF-40aug921.jpg

Is there anyone , who has some more photo's of this VX-4 scheme , it was short lived , I believe .......

TIA , Henk "Omar"