That is an AWESOME shot Ken!!

I wish i could capture thos moments with my camera but so far no luck. It is amazing how the shockwaves form on all those little panel areas underneath.

Sean

thanks Sean - many times when a jet is going that fast, it is pure luck. The air was nice and juicy so vapor was everywhere

Where does the Holloman F-22 conversion stand? Will the 49th actually equip with F-22s before production ends

Yes. Holloman is getting all the older Alaska jets as we speak. New build aircraft are being delivered to 3rd Wing.

What's up with the nose gear in this one. Something intentionally disconnected?

Here are some of my Raptor shots.

These were published in Military In Scale magazine here in the UK.

Picture737.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well here are a few I dredged up from the depths of the CD stacks that might be of some interest. These are the taxi-out and takeoff of Raptor 01's second flight. Not long after its first flight (which I got to see on final approach) I got a call from a friend who worked at Lockheed asking if I wanted to come out and see the F-22 on display. Needless to say I said &$#! YEAH. When she said I could bring my camera I almost cried, partly for the opportunity, and partly because the only film I had on hand was a couple of rolls of portrait film (Fuji NPH) which was not exactly ideal for the situation.

Anyway, we got out there, and the Raptor was nowhere to be found. It was being prepped for its next flight they said, and instead we could have a nice look at a C-130J. Bummer. Then they rounded everyone up and herded us all over to the edge of a taxiway where we could see the F-22 about a hundred yards away. So anyway, the pics pretty much tell the rest of the story. Apologies for the quality of the scans; I'll have to redo them someday when I can dig out the negs.

preflight.jpg

Taxi01.jpg

taxi02.jpg

Taxi03.jpg

taxi04.jpg

Takeoff.jpg

:coolio:

• 2 weeks later...
Ken, that's where R2 sits, he just wanted to peek out ... :cheers:

Nice shots, March is a difficult place to shoot ...

Gregg

Since I am building the Academy model and after a...mistake, I decided to open those panels...hmmmm I know, what a mistake!!! does any one knows what lays there, what it looks like, or even what it should look like??? (its not R2D2...I already tried that, too fat...)

• 1 month later...

Gregg,

No they masked the area, then painted over the masking, and used decals. I saw it when they finished it on a Friday; Monday it was back to normal.

Regards,

Murph