Look at the silvering on that decal ( 173FW) :rofl: Great shots, Wolf & Ken :thumbsup: Btw, any of you able to get shots of the Singaporean birds over at Mountain Home? Especially looking for shots of crew names, tailfin logos, etc. So far the ones I've seen are the ones I found via Google. But close-ups like Wolfgun's or Ken's would be awesome. :cheers:

Yep on page 66 Here let me know what u need and I can go thru my photos since half the fleet is back in Singapore now and there was Airshow recently and now

IMG_5827.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

Edited by who
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend flew in to Tulsa in his naked F-15E on the way to depot maintenance. This was the first time he flew a Strike Eagle without the conformals, pylons or pods. DJ was amazed on how little power was needed compared to a standard configured F-15E.

F-15E-04.jpg

F-15E-06.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

F-15E-07.jpg

F-15E-08.jpg

Edited by drhornii

Didn't know Strike Eagles kept the weapons hardpoints on the fuselage shoulders underneath the CFTs. Also surprised at the weathering that goes on under there! The modeler is obviously overdoing it. ;)

Didn't know Strike Eagles kept the weapons hardpoints on the fuselage shoulders underneath the CFTs. Also surprised at the weathering that goes on under there! The modeler is obviously overdoing it. ;)

Speaking of weathering.....

F-15E-nopylons-02.jpg

For some reason, I thought all Strike Eagles had the -229 engine, I was wrong, this had the -220 as do a few other squadrons.

:unsure:

I'm probably the only person in the world who does n't like this splinter scheme on an Eagle. :(

Great photos Keith but for me, they should have left the splinter scheme to the Flankers. :closedeyes:

Edited by geedubelyer

:unsure:

I'm probably the only person in the world who does n't like this splinter scheme on an Eagle. :(

Great photos Keith but for me, they should have left the splinter scheme to the Flankers. :closedeyes:

You are not. Splinter itself is cool, but the colors are not imho. Su-35S 902 looked much better imho. Although not splinter, serial Su-35S' doesn't look too shabby i would say. ;)

066724.jpg

http://russianplanes.net/st/Sukhoi/Su-35S

Hi at all,

just found this pic at airliners.net

the nozzles are differently opened, is this normal for parking f-15's ?

need some more reference pics.

kind regards, Hans

Hey there everyone, just discovered the site,and I must say it is AWESOME!! I am currently a jet engine mechanic on the F-15, and felt I had to reply to this post. What you are seeing here is a sick F-15. When there is a severe problem with the engine, it transfers to secondary mode, meaning the electronic "brains" of the engine are severely restricted to what they control, and most control reverts to a hydromechanical fuel control. Part of this involves taking the variable exhaust nozzle out of the equation. THis plane landed with an engine fault, and that is why the nozzle is closed. Old crew dog was right in speaking of scavenging, but even if a guy were to run it up to 76%, the nozzle would only close to around 70% open, while this one is fully closed. Besides, you can see maintainers standing around the nose gear, NOT a place you would want to be if an engine were still running.

One other possible explaination, and I know this is possible, because I have done it. When you go to cutoff, if you shut the EEC switch off too soon, it will close the nozzle as the engine spools down. But that is not whay my guess is here.

Once again, great site guys!! And GREAT pics!!

jetmac_eric

Hello and :post1::punk:

Nice to know someone like you has a great deal of extensive knowledge on these BEAUTIES.

AND THANK you for those great photos too..I really love the very last ONE in your post..WOW !! :clap2::clap2:

Most Lilly they are prepping for an engine run and considering the engingine bays are not down the specs are working under 10R. There is still residual fuel on the ground under #1s dump mast and the ground gut is leaning against the tire with his headset still on.

Where are you stationed, was stationed at Langley, Kadena, elmendorf and the Heath to name a few. Did they go back to just having engines mechs instead of that rivet crap?

Cheers and welcome

Dave

Hey there everyone, just discovered the site,and I must say it is AWESOME!! I am currently a jet engine mechanic on the F-15, and felt I had to reply to this post. What you are seeing here is a sick F-15. When there is a severe problem with the engine, it transfers to secondary mode, meaning the electronic "brains" of the engine are severely restricted to what they control, and most control reverts to a hydromechanical fuel control. Part of this involves taking the variable exhaust nozzle out of the equation. THis plane landed with an engine fault, and that is why the nozzle is closed. Old crew dog was right in speaking of scavenging, but even if a guy were to run it up to 76%, the nozzle would only close to around 70% open, while this one is fully closed. Besides, you can see maintainers standing around the nose gear, NOT a place you would want to be if an engine were still running.

One other possible explaination, and I know this is possible, because I have done it. When you go to cutoff, if you shut the EEC switch off too soon, it will close the nozzle as the engine spools down. But that is not whay my guess is here.

Once again, great site guys!! And GREAT pics!!

• 3 weeks later...