1/48 F14A Tomcat Iran AliCat

thanks guys!

its appreciated!

Fot the worn and buned effect, i begin with lightening the center of panels with base color +white or sand

then after decaling, i spray a matt varnish layer mixed with sand color.

I insist again in center of panels...

This is how i get this effect!

hope that helps!!

bye!

Sick Alicat (why're thy called that anyway?). Great weathering, and more impotantly, awesome paint!

They're called Alicats because of two reasons:

1: Ali is often a very common element in the names of people who follow the Islamic faith. Iran is a Islamic nation.

2. Ali is pronounced the same as Alley. An Alley cat is often a phrase attached to a scrappy, tough fighter.

Ali-tomCat= AliCat

Fantastic build!

Rom you did a spectacular job on that paint model. That paint job rocks. And those shots are just sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Nice job man. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration. That one needs to go on the ARC main pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jimz66

Again, like the Sundwoners-Cat, great Job! Your a real weathering master! :doh: :) :whistle:

To come back to the nose profile: The nose itself does not seem completely wrong to me, but the angle of the front part of the canopy (windshield ?!) looks to 'flat', i think it should be a little bit steeper. That's a common mistake of early kits , e.g. Otaki. Correct me, if i'm wrong.