Kinetic F-16 test shot

I won't fill them in, I have Tamiya for my Vipers. :bandhead2:

Tamiya doesn't have droppable leading-edge flaps though. I'll finally be able to make an action-posed F-16 (In a turn the front flaps lower to increase lift in the front). I got plenty of AMRAAMS from an Italeri EF-2000 and other kits, so I'll set it up for Air-Superiority.

that, or you'll se the FA-1 Fern from Yousei Sentou Yukikaze.

To the experten... doesn't it look to you like Kinetic confused a panel line further back with the hinge points of the leading edge flaps, therefore making them too deep?

That's it, I'm not buying one until they fix it.

Hmmm... there's some ugly injecting issues there. Hopefully it's just a quick-pop/test shot thing, but that's a surprising amount of flash for a brand new kit, and lots of ugly sink marks - if the Pratt exhaust in the retail kit looks the same as the one in these pics, it'll be a bastard to fix. :bandhead2: Also, what's with the brown gunk in that plastic - looks like someone dropped a plastic bag into the hopper. Also, also, I can see a few short-shot parts... one of the strake TE's, the ALQ bottom gondola... I'm conflicted on the PIDS - it's neat that they give you BOTH live and blanking plate bucket inserts, but it could be a HUGE pain to assemble cleanly. Oh, and is it just me, or do the GE exhausts look... uneven... Detail on the two left-most (image 19) parts looks much crisper/deeper, while the right-most pair seems much softer/shallower.

Looks promising, but nothing to soil yourself over, IMO.

Sorry, folks. I just involuntarily squealed like a little girl.

LOL, great line.

I'm looking forward to buying a Tamiya Viper still. But the more quality on the market the better. Let's see when it comes out and how it builds up. Sure looks promising and the weapons included are a great thing.

later

Ruud

Lucky you, cos AMRAAMS are a rare commodity...

Not counting the inaccurate ones from Italeri F-16s...

+2: RoG eurofighter equipped with Meteors. (hobby knide and glue required)

+4: Italeri eurofighter built w/o weapons (hobby knife and glue required)

+2: Hasegawa blk 50 F-16D

+2: Hasegawa F-16C reserved for weaponless whiff

+2-4: Hasegawa blk 30

You get the idea.

Hmmm... there's some ugly injecting issues there. Hopefully it's just a quick-pop/test shot thing, but that's a surprising amount of flash for a brand new kit, and lots of ugly sink marks - if the Pratt exhaust in the retail kit looks the same as the one in these pics, it'll be a bastard to fix. :bandhead2: Also, what's with the brown gunk in that plastic - looks like someone dropped a plastic bag into the hopper. Also, also, I can see a few short-shot parts... one of the strake TE's, the ALQ bottom gondola... I'm conflicted on the PIDS - it's neat that they give you BOTH live and blanking plate bucket inserts, but it could be a HUGE pain to assemble cleanly. Oh, and is it just me, or do the GE exhausts look... uneven... Detail on the two left-most (image 19) parts looks much crisper/deeper, while the right-most pair seems much softer/shallower.

Looks promising, but nothing to soil yourself over, IMO.

These are just test shots, remember. Raymond Chung of Luckymodel posted a link to the Kinetic F-16 at his site, which had pics of production AM sprues.

These are just test shots, remember. Raymond Chung of Luckymodel posted a link to the Kinetic F-16 at his site, which had pics of production AM sprues.

Actually, I don't think they're production sprues. Or at least I hope they are not.

Look at the sprue with the GBU-24 and GBU-31. Located towards the left of the sprue is part 34 which looks to be a half-shot rudder pedal. Also, the strake TE parts are not fully molded too.

Mark

Actually, I don't think they're production sprues. Or at least I hope they are not.

Look at the sprue with the GBU-24 and GBU-31. Located towards the left of the sprue is part 34 which looks to be a half-shot rudder pedal. Also, the strake TE parts are not fully molded too.

Mark

Dear ARCers,

Yes, this is test shot. The sprue only use for initial review and demo display construction. Yes, quite a lot of flash and sink mark. Since the "production" adjustment may be required to make the final outcome more cleaner.

I am actually putting up one F-16AM and one F-16CG Blk 40 at the moment. The overall assembling is fine for me. (just my 2 cents). The fitting for most of the parts is good except some minor place where the thickness of the plastic affect the assembly. But it seems the outlook/shape is quite good. For F-16AM, it would more detail than Hasegawa, for F-16CJ, the shape is quite similiar (that is why someone think this is a copy - I don't have position on this). From consumer point of view, I would spare the Sniper XR, GBU bomb, TER, Marvick to my TAMIYA viper, while the kit aircraft still preseve a decent F-16 kit.

One short coming is the vertical tail, the detail and assembling is not as good as TAMIYA (where Big T put in 3 parts - Kinetic vertical tail splitted in 6 parts). So, the joining would take some work to do. I can understand the reason for such breakdown - the coming F-16D with spine, 52+ and SURFA.

To my personal opinion, Kinetic wants to deliver a "configurable" F-16 project, thus the breakdown and design make it complex and difficult to make the mold. Thus, the result would be some problem on fitting, alignment. But I think the enjoyment of modelling is to perfect the model under an inperfect resources.

Although I am sure that the engineerning level can no match with Big T, but I don't think this direct "copycat" without any design and research effort. The good thing is Kinetic listen to customer and revise the IP cover to the correct size. Also, even the F-16A / C has two types of wheel well for you to select.

Anyway, happy modelling. I will put up the pictures when I finish it.

Also, even the F-16A / C has two types of wheel well for you to select.

Thanks for the explanations, Raymond.

I have had a look at the sprue shots, but I hadn't realised yet that the "F-16AM" kit contains the parts to build an F-16C as well. That would be pretty cool. :thumbsup: Can you confirm that?

Cheers, Stefan.

Thanks for the explanations, Raymond.

I have had a look at the sprue shots, but I hadn't realised yet that the "F-16AM" kit contains the parts to build an F-16C as well. That would be pretty cool. :thumbsup: Can you confirm that?

Cheers, Stefan.

Oops! Sorry for misunderstanding. The F-16AM DOES NOT CONTAINS parts for F-16C.

But I have the test shot for the F-16C as well, as I am assembling one as well.

I think you are confusing Kinetic with Hobby Boss. Kinetic to my knowledge has not done a Rafale while HB has. To date, Kinetic has done but two kits, the 1/48 F-84F and the 1/32 F-86.

Jay, you are right, Hobby Boss of course... I have no idea about Kinetic's pricing strategy but I will still buy one, looks too good on the photos.

Regards, Steven

I just saw a pretty funny thing, over 'there' in the discussion Brett Green himself says the kit does not look to be a Tamiya clone but then is contradicted by others who have not yet seen the kit other than via the web.

Strange nearly everyone I have spoken to including a couple of guys at my LHS have said that the kit looks impressive, especially for what you get and what looks to be the price ($40 more or less) but the same anti-arguments are still being made.

As I mentioned over 'there' when Tamiya comes out with a foreign Viper OOB with CFTs, spines, antennas weapons etc, great I am sure they will be rewarded but until then these look to be the kits to beat for non-USAF versions OOB. I am sure there will be those who will still insist on replacing almost everything 'debatable' in the Kinetic kit with 'accurate' aftermarket as soon as it gets out but for the rest of us this is a very good sign of what is to come. Come on Israeli weapons...papa wants a Python 4!

I cannot wait to get my two AMs from Lucky hopefully later this month

Matt

I just saw a pretty funny thing, over 'there' in the discussion Brett Green himself says the kit does not look to be a Tamiya clone but then is contradicted by others who have not yet seen the kit other than via the web.

Strange nearly everyone I have spoken to including a couple of guys at my LHS have said that the kit looks impressive, especially for what you get and what looks to be the price ($40 more or less) but the same anti-arguments are still being made.

As I mentioned over 'there' when Tamiya comes out with a foreign Viper OOB with CFTs, spines, antennas weapons etc, great I am sure they will be rewarded but until then these look to be the kits to beat for non-USAF versions OOB. I am sure there will be those who will still insist on replacing almost everything 'debatable' in the Kinetic kit with 'accurate' aftermarket as soon as it gets out but for the rest of us this is a very good sign of what is to come. Come on Israeli weapons...papa wants a Python 4!

I cannot wait to get my two AMs from Lucky hopefully later this month

Matt

Has Papa considered the Paragon Python 4?

Stephen :thumbsup:

I think that would be bad for a new tooled kit.

I'd rather have overly deep lines that can easily be filled in with a little surfacer, over panel lines that are too shallow for a couple layers of paint and a wash. The lines on the test shot look ok to me, so hopefully it'll be that way on the production kits.

I'd rather have overly deep lines that can easily be filled in with a little surfacer, over panel lines that are too shallow for a couple layers of paint and a wash. The lines on the test shot look ok to me, so hopefully it'll be that way on the production kits.

Ditto

Stephen

Another thin I've noticed is that they don't give enough LAU-127s and LAU-7s. There are only 2 of each. AFAIK, most F-16s currently use 4 LAU-127s.

Speakng of AA stores, It'd be nice to have the option to do a fully armed CAP bird with 6 stations available for AA weapons.

Mark