The Raptor is coming!!!

Sorry, is the F-22 expensive? Yes. Overly so? maybe not, The Abrams was "overly complex, overly expensive" at one time and in combat it is worth every penny. Do i care if the F-22 is expensive? No not really. i would rather my tax dollars be spent on the F-22 than any number of wasted government projects.

Is the kit expensive? yeah. Overly so? we will see. But if paying a little extra saves me money on bondo and advil i will take it.

Hey, I was there for that...

Wish I would have known, I would have bought you beer.

You must have heard about the Mig-29 pilot who chopped his finger off on day one - he closed the canopy with his hand resting on the top of the front windscreen.

Edited by Scooby

Looks like a logical parts breakdown to me. Revell and Trumpeter are similar, so it makes sense that Academy would go the same way. I can't tell for sure, but the mold also seems to have a couple bulkhead stiffeners of some sort as well, possibly to help with the structural rigidity of the model when built (flexible models mean popped glue seams). I do like what I see. As for Italeri, the only reason they had a step is because they engineered their kit to fit a box that was smaller then it should have been and they had to split the nose from the upper fuselage as a result.

Hobbyland has it for pre-order at $49.99.

http://www.e-hobbyland.com/ac1fra1scpla.html

I may get one or two.

Mark

Thanks Mark for the link. Like the price and may get two right off the bat.

Check this link. You can see some photos of the kit's tooling.

Interesting animation pics and of the actual kit. Looks good in that the upper fuselage section looks like its one piece like Revell's 1/72 Raptor. That alone should make this kit better than that painful Italeri one.

• 3 weeks later...
Where's the darn Revell kit in 1/72 in the States anyway?

Has anyone in the US gotten a hold of one locally yet?

Yep, I stopped by my local model shop here in Dayton - yesterday, as a matter of fact - and picked one up. They had a Hobby Boss A-7K as well, but I resisted the temptation to buy it...for now. The Raptor costs me $19.99 before tax.

Maybe this has been covered in this thread all ready, but Sprue Bros will have the Raptor for about $54, which is reasonable I think. If I order one it will be from those guys... They ship so fast! Are there any sprue pictures?

oh good, another Raptor kit - zzzzzz

Much as I like modern military aircraft of all types, I just don't get the appeal of the Raptor - it's as dull as dishwater. No interesting versions, no interesting weapons fits, no interesting markings... and it's ugly as sin!

Uh, no, that would be the british lightning.