New Tamiya 1/48 F-16

Probably a standard F-16 Block 30 with specific parts for an Aggressor like the stuff from Shawn Hull's Aggressor conversion set. Hopefully they'll include an ACMI/CUPID pod. Finally we don't have to purchase 2 kits to do an Arctic Aggressor.

Mark

Guess who's got Navy F-16Ns covered?...

Blue Vipers out shortly. Brown/Green Vipers out after!

FTD48023_Blue_Vipersx.jpg

FTD48031NavyVipersPartDeucex.jpg

We replicated the much lighter Topgun badges used on the NSAWC Vipers. The Topgun Vipers have an insert with the older darker blue badges and yes, those little blue things are decals for Topgun hats :cheers:

-brian

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals

So if correct that'll mean one intake and two exhausts. Or if they do the B30 AK ones both intake styles as well. Just think, if they included both UC sets you'd have the perfect solo Viper! Now then Tamiya, about this family model. . . .

Edited by Dmanton300

Hoo-frickin-ray. I can finally dig into the Fox one sheets :salute: as it stands matching up a GE exhaust and NSI intake from the existing kits leaves you with an MCID intake and PW exhaust... about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike :salute:...About time...

Shoot, was really hoping the D would be next...if they include both intakes and exhausts I'll shut up....But I doubt it, will probably be NSI/GE only....

Jeff

The Navy F-16Ns were early block 30 NSI/GE aircraft, and there weren't many Cs built that way...IF the kitting is truly "F-16C Aggressor/Adversary" (Aggressor meaning USAF & Adversary meaning USN, AND Tamiya's gotten it right), then it would have to include at least both exhausts with the NSI as a minimum...can't build an Air Force Aggressor bird with the NSI/GE combo, as far as I know...so, hopefully, the MCID intake will be included as well (for those Alaskan aggressors). Of course, including the AN/ALQ-188 pod, cheek pods, ACMI pod, etc. would be icing on the cake, so aftermarket would not be needed. Certainly would like to see a two-seater; but I'm happy about the potential of this release as well-

Edited by Harv

But if you can't wait, then the alternative is to buy the necessary sprues separatelly. That way you can take the standard Block 25/32 and convert into a block 30 small mouth. I have extra chin pods from a Hasegawa set I didn`t use, and Wolfpak is due with ALQ-188 in resin - so hope is far from lost.

.....but I can really use a decent Family model Viper though :popcorn:

But if you can't wait, then the alternative is to buy the necessary sprues separatelly. That way you can take the standard Block 25/32 and convert into a block 30 small mouth. I have extra chin pods from a Hasegawa set I didn`t use, and Wolfpak is due with ALQ-188 in resin - so hope is far from lost...

-Actually, Wolfpack Designs already does a 1/48 block 30 conversion for the Tamiya Bl 25/32 kit, and Cobra Company has been selling a 1/48 AN/ALQ-188 + cheek pods for years. Just sayin' it would be nice to have it all in the box to start with, if it is being kitted by Tamiya as being purpose-built for the Aggressor/Adversary types, much as Hasegawa did with their F-16N kit.

Edited by Harv
Hoo-frickin-ray. I can finally dig into the Fox one sheets :thumbsup: as it stands matching up a GE exhaust and NSI intake from the existing kits leaves you with an MCID intake and PW exhaust... about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike :woot.gif:...About time...

Dude, if you can't find a use for a MCID then I'll gladly "dispose" of them for you.