1/72 Fujimi Grumman F-14A Tomcat

Gorgeous Janne! :angry:

And that P&W TF30 looks great... the civilian version, JT8D-22, of that very same engine was reworked to become the familiar roar of the Viggen RM8 :wave:

Keep up the good work! :bandhead2:

Oh, that I didn't know! Clearly the civilian version was a better starting point for a fighter engine since I don't remember Viggens falling from the sky at the same rate as TF30-engined Kitties. :D

I'm also glad Moritz has got over the fact that this is not a Wolfpack bird. :)

well jannman i think this is your best build ever.i cant wait to see it finished....great job

Thanks! "Learning by doing" seems to work.

Clearly the civilian version was a better starting point for a fighter engine since I don't remember Viggens falling from the sky at the same rate as TF30-engined Kitties. :D <...>

Which all the more amazing since the Viggen used only one engine. :bandhead2:

Oh, and it was the Bounty Hunters. ;) :) But since you did such a great job on the Swordsmen scheme, I think I can forgive you. Maybe. :worship:

what a boring engine, what a boring plane, what a boring paint scheme, what a boring detailing, what a boring.... :yahoo:

Wait until you see the boring engine name plate included in the kit! <_<

I even managed to put its decal upside down...

Which all the more amazing since the Viggen used only one engine. :woot.gif:

Oh, and it was the Bounty Hunters. ;) :) But since you did such a great job on the Swordsmen scheme, I think I can forgive you. Maybe. :lol:

I'm pretty happy in Jan's decision to do the early Gypsy scheme ...

It's very striking and it hasn't been done a whole lot ...

Nice to see her up on her own legs, Jan !

Getting close ...

Gregg

Yes, very close, Gregg!

I don't know why I started to detail the radar since it will be covered by the radome which won't be positioned open. Maybe because it is there..? :woot.gif:

Originally there was only a radar dish with a plain backside and a base where it was attached to.

P1070680.jpg

P1070686.jpg

P1070683.jpg

She knows that's beyond her jurisdiction. :lol:

I and only I clean my models. I've learned my lesson when my mom wiped off the dust from my models with a rag back in the days... Or was it a vacuum cleaner. :cheers:

You are definitively insane,Jan!!

Come on,back to Russian beasts,man!:rolleyes:

But I love that Tomcat,one of the best I've ever seen.

Especially in 1/72 scale.

Yufei

Yufei, I never left those Russian beasts. :whistle:

At the moment I seem to be into Japanese well-fitting kits and there's not too many Russian subjects among them. Unfortunately. I've been a bit bored with tedious scratch-building and numerous changes to basic kits that I want to make easier kits nowadays.

The kid takes too much of my precious modeling time. Or actually, the quality kits provide me more precious time with my small daughter! :)

Thanks for your comments!

Added the seats, removed the masking from the canopy/windscreen and glued the radome. Just a couple of blade antennaes still missing - literally. The carpet monster claimed its sacrifice... Some fixing also needed on the canopy frames, so no close-ups. Other than that, this bird is almost ready.

P1070713.jpg