Thank you! Unfortunately it did not win anything though they were giving away dozens of medals. I think this did not do the justice to the tremendous amount of work put in this model. But anyway it was one of the most photographed models so I am happy with that.

I totaly agree.

It is very well done for any kind of model, esspecially for Su-27 converted with SOL set. I've made one, so I know what it involves, but one who hasn't just can't realize the total work involved. This model should have got a medal.

Mine Su-33 also didn't get anything in Moson few years back, but I admit there were beter models. Did get "we like it" stamp though :thumbsup: .

Hi stenk, damn' didnt know this was yours,. I was there also. Sorry I missed you.

Great work. I have this set also, high on my priority list, not enough time wright now. Great work once again.

Hi stenk, damn' didnt know this was yours,. I was there also. Sorry I missed you.

Great work. I have this set also, high on my priority list, not enough time wright now. Great work once again.

I agree, great job on difficult model and conversion set,I like base,but what about those "holes"????? between nozzles and engine cover?? Not sure if this is correct so maybe that is the reason for not getting the prize,just my 2 cents..........

Edited by su27rules

The engine covers form sort of tube in which the engine is positioned and there is a small gap visible on photoes between the engine covers and exhaust.

example.jpg

Edited by stenkabg
The engine covers form sort of tube in which the engine is positioned and there is a small gap visible on photoes between the engine covers and exhaust.

example.jpg

Ok,a small (a small!!) gap and just on top of the engine cover and not all around and not on both engines ,just on left engine,not on right engine (you can see it on others photos from the same link from which is that one) on this bort "69Blue" Su-33 on that photo (whic is static display plane for several years now),a gap is not visible on all Su-33 engines. I think on Your model this are out off scale,just my 2 cents., but great work !!

Edited by su27rules

:thumbsup:

thats 1ST Place ,GOLD in my book :worship:

please post many more pics or could you email them?.......simply love this

i just noticed how you have toned down the Ruskie star on the wing to make it appear worn and weather beaten :salute:

A++++++++++++++++++

FANTASTIC ..outstanding B)

Ok,a small (a small!!) gap and just on top of the engine cover and not all around and not on both engines ,just on left engine,not on right engine (you can see it on others photos from the same link from which is that one) on this bort "69Blue" Su-33 on that photo (whic is static display plane for several years now),a gap is not visible on all Su-33 engines. I think on Your model this are out off scale,just my 2 cents., but great work !!

I think it is an ill-fitting shroud around the port engine nozzle - and only on that machine.

Here's another photo I took of the same machine......

rear_04.jpg

More photos on my website here..

Still a great looking model though..... :thumbsup:

Ken

I think it is an ill-fitting shroud around the port engine nozzle - and only on that machine.

Here's another photo I took of the same machine......

rear_04.jpg

More photos on my website here..

Still a great looking model though..... :salute:

Ken

That is what I talked about!!

Thank you! Unfortunately it did not win anything though they were giving away dozens of medals. I think this did not do the justice to the tremendous amount of work put in this model. But anyway it was one of the most photographed models so I am happy with that.

Hmm, people at Norwegian IPMS forum that was there said it won bronze medal. So that is incorrect?

That is what I talked about!!

OK! It's a mistake. Instead of having a step from the engine covers to the nozzle I opted for an added though false detail.

Edited by stenkabg
  • 3 years later...