soooooooooooo read please

ok so other than me is any body else hear going to see the new TRON film??

i am so excited that its even happing i rember when the first one came out and in how many ways it changed my life. i will be in the theater in the 17th looking at a world that is so famlure but yet so new.

so i ask who's going ?? :whistle:

I'm not much for hitting a movie the moment it comes out (hate fighting lines). I'll catch it eventually for sure. However, I need to see the first one again - as a refresher.

I'm looking forward to it. I watched the original awhile back..it's pretty silly, and while the CGI looks ridiculously crude by today's standards, it as groundbreaking for its day. Of course, the movie came out just when I was finishing up high school, and we were all immersed in those "classic" video games like Pac Man, Asteroids and Defender. We spent a lot of time at a friend's place, because he had an Atari 2600. Pretty crude by today's standards, but at the time it was cutting edge, and light years beyond "Pong."

"Tron Legacy" looks to be a much more serious, darker, and "adult" film..aimed at those of us who were teens when the original came out. I have yet to see any of the current generation of 3-D films..is the effect worth the bother? I already wear bifocals, and frankly having to wear more clunky headgear just to see a movie doesn't really appeal to me.

SN

Greetings Programs !

Got my "Flynn's Arcade" t-shirt already for it ... :jaw-dropping:

I'm not going to be seeing the 3D version, the effect gives me a headache ...

What's cool about the first movie is, sure, like Steve said, the effects are crude for today but when you consider when the movie takes place and that you're being 'zapped' into a computer in 1982, it all fits ...

Looking forward to the PS3 game too ... It's fits in between the two movies, storyline wise ...

<End of Line>

Gregg

I'll try to catch either a midnight showing or I'll see it on the day it comes out. Tron was a bit of an influence on my life. I still have an old Tron poster in storage from when I was a kid and not too long ago I picked up a used copy of the Tron storybook, which has some EXCELLENT screen grabs from the first film so one can dazzle in the combination or early CGI and hand drawn animation. I may pop in my copy of Tron on DVD to help get me in the mood, but I haven't decided if I'll do that on the day of the movie or just sometime this weekend.

I'll try to catch either a midnight showing or I'll see it on the day it comes out. Tron was a bit of an influence on my life. I still have an old Tron poster in storage from when I was a kid and not too long ago I picked up a used copy of the Tron storybook, which has some EXCELLENT screen grabs from the first film so one can dazzle in the combination or early CGI and hand drawn animation. I may pop in my copy of Tron on DVD to help get me in the mood, but I haven't decided if I'll do that on the day of the movie or just sometime this weekend.

Jay, when the original movie came out in 1982, Disneyland's Starcade had a whole corner wall section of just Midway TRON cabinets lined up, if I remember right, it was about 10 of them ... A large, lighted TRON logo was hanging from the ceiling ... Wish I had that sign ... Plus, they used a sequence from the light cycle game grid scene on the People Mover ... :monkeydance:

Gregg

I plan on seeing it. But I might try and catch the original again first since I can't remember any of it. My son wants to see it bad. He is only 6 but has been drooling over the commercials. I will probably see the 3D version.

ok so other than me is any body else hear going to see the new TRON film??

i am so excited that its even happing i rember when the first one came out and in how many ways it changed my life. i will be in the theater in the 17th looking at a world that is so famlure but yet so new.

so i ask who's going ?? :salute:

Have fun!