1/72 HobbyBoss MiG-15UTI 'Midget'

_BEN6144.jpg

1/72 HobbyBoss MiG-15bis 'Fagot'

_BEN6139.jpg

1/72 ICM I-16

i16_12s.jpg

1/72 Amodel Il-40 'Brawny' 2nd prototype

il40_16s.jpg

and because of moving to new apartment, I couldn't finish the 14th one...

sSV_tu134_7.jpg

@Bill: Thanks!

@MiG Mongoose: Thanks! I wan't aware that she's a tailseater until I attached the landing gear... she's waiting for a simple display base

@Holmes: Thanks! There's quite a lot of interesting aircraft in queue for 2011

@Ken: Thanks mate! Bristol was my first all-resin kit and the first with polished metal finish. Turned out pretty good

Thirteen! Man, that's over one model per month! But I promise that it will change when you'll end up getting kids. :)

Great builds all and what a variety! Lovely finish on that Aeroflot Boeing, same for the MiG-15s, the "Twosair" looks way bigger than 1/72, the Bristol looks very special and the small propellers all look very cute, especially the Zlin. I even like the Vipers, especially after seeing the RNLAF's J-015 live here in Finland last summer. For a moment I felt I needed to build one!

DSC_0206.jpg

Looking forward to see the Tupolev finished! By the way, did you manage to keep all your models (or the ones you decided to save from the trash bin) intact while moving? Apart from one broken pitot and one rear fin of a missile mine all seem to be doing just fine.

@amen: Thanks! You made me blush :)

@jan: yeah, the total would be 14, maybe even 15, but all the bad luck at the end of November and early December prevented me to do any modelling. I am not a Viper person myself, but I really like the Dutch demo team, seeing them each year at airshows around Europe and it was time to build one - Diana was just a bonus double build and the scheme is so sexy - shame it was cancelled at the last very moment before public unveiling. It was also a year full of firsts for me - Bristol my first all resin kit, Albatros my first WW1 biplane,... I hope to finish Tupolev in January - will have to replace landing gear struts as the kit ones are rubbish. about moving models (I didn't throw away any of them) - I moved all of them without a mishap - and then I carried the last two, Su-47 and MiG 1.44 up the stairs and thinking how lucky I am, reading about mishaps modellers have when moving their models and I had none... well I guess that thinking jinxed me and when I reached the apartment I accidently hit the styrofoam holding my models with the entrance doors and both Russkies went flying over the lobby... To my big surprise only nose pitots and one canard and the whole exhaust part (which wasn't glued anyway) fell of the Su-47...