Latest Charlie sheen rant

Linkage

Actor Charlie Sheen unloaded during an incoherent radio interview with Alex Jones on Thursday...

Sheen referred to the women in his life as "the goddesses.â€

"I don’t believe the term is good enough, but when you’re bound by these terrestrial descriptions, you must choose the best choice available, right?†Sheen said.

Among many other things, Sheen slammed "bible grippers,†haters with "ugly wives and ugly children,†and Alcoholics Anonymous.

"Look what I’m dealing with, man. I’m dealing with fools and trolls,†Sheen said. "I’m dealing with soft targets, and it’s just strafing runs in my underwear before my first cup of coffee … they lay down with their ugly wives and their ugly children and just look at their loser lives and then they look at me and say, ‘I can’t process it.’ Well, no, and you never will! Stop trying! Just sit back and enjoy the show.â€

Sheen asserts that his sole addiction is victory and that no one has the right to judge him.

"The only thing I’m addicted to is winning. This bootleg cult, arrogantly referred to as Alcoholics Anonymous, reports a 5 percent success rate. My success rate is 100 percent,†Sheen said.

Though he recently underwent a rehab stint, Sheen is certain he has cured his substance issues.

"I cured it with my brain, with my mind. I cured it, I’m done … you don’t look like you’re having a lot of fun. I’m gonna hang out with these two smoking hotties and fly privately around the world,†Sheen said.

“I got magic and I got poetry in my fingertips, most of the time, and this includes naps,†Sheen said. "I’m an F-18, bro, and I will destroy you in the air and I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.â€

Looks like he's taking the F-14 retirement pretty badly too.

Regards,

Murph

On the show Two And A Half Men, Charlie and Alan were arguing, as is the usual and Alan said, "So, fine, take away your money and your house on the beach and your expensive car and your hot, adolescent girlfriends and what have you got?"

And Charlie says, "You."

Funny line and I was paraphrasing. But Charlie is entirely able to do as he pleases, even if that includes destroying himself. I like the show. But he is just entertainment. I have a life and when his show is over, I shut it off. Nothing he says or does interests me otherwise. That he makes millions basically being himself on TV? Fine. Intriguing to some extent but many more of the people in the country have jobs, lives and do important things. His middle-age adolescence is proof that he's just another Hollyweirdo who thinks that nobody's looking. He's right, I'm not. And I only hear about it because it's stuck in my face when I get online.

Actors should stick to acting. That little microcosm of the world(Hollywood and all its trappings) is blatantly dysfunctional and they all deserve one-another. Cast your lot with what the market finds enjoyable and run with it. When his show stops being popular or you can no longer wake him up to do his job, cancel the show and move on. Is it really worth the trouble to put up with his horse-s%$#@? He represents also what is wrong with at least half of this nation's population. But he's right in that he's using his money to fund his habits and other people should keep out of it. I agree. Someday, he'll be found face down in a pile of crap of his own making. If he lives through it, then maybe he'll "grow up" (sounds funny, even in my head) and get all his appearances on "The View", "D'OHprah" and whatever loose lefty feel-good show he can muster the courage to appear on and feed his fragile ego.

In short, he's pathetic. Fine, enjoy your money, your fame, both of which are fleeting. You don't do anything that matters and sit-coms come and go and usually are forgotten pretty quickly. You're not the first Hollywood idiot to do this and you won't be the last. So bugger off and do what you feel you need to do but stay away from me.

On the show Two And A Half Men, Charlie and Alan were arguing, as is the usual and Alan said, "So, fine, take away your money and your house on the beach and your expensive car and your hot, adolescent girlfriends and what have you got?"

And Charlie says, "You."

Funny line and I was paraphrasing. But Charlie is entirely able to do as he pleases, even if that includes destroying himself. I like the show. But he is just entertainment. I have a life and when his show is over, I shut it off. Nothing he says or does interests me otherwise. That he makes millions basically being himself on TV? Fine. Intriguing to some extent but many more of the people in the country have jobs, lives and do important things. His middle-age adolescence is proof that he's just another Hollyweirdo who thinks that nobody's looking. He's right, I'm not. And I only hear about it because it's stuck in my face when I get online.

Actors should stick to acting. That little microcosm of the world(Hollywood and all its trappings) is blatantly dysfunctional and they all deserve one-another. Cast your lot with what the market finds enjoyable and run with it. When his show stops being popular or you can no longer wake him up to do his job, cancel the show and move on. Is it really worth the trouble to put up with his horse-s%$#@? He represents also what is wrong with at least half of this nation's population. But he's right in that he's using his money to fund his habits and other people should keep out of it. I agree. Someday, he'll be found face down in a pile of crap of his own making. If he lives through it, then maybe he'll "grow up" (sounds funny, even in my head) and get all his appearances on "The View", "D'OHprah" and whatever loose lefty feel-good show he can muster the courage to appear on and feed his fragile ego.

In short, he's pathetic. Fine, enjoy your money, your fame, both of which are fleeting. You don't do anything that matters and sit-coms come and go and usually are forgotten pretty quickly. You're not the first Hollywood idiot to do this and you won't be the last. So bugger off and do what you feel you need to do but stay away from me.

Very well put. This guy is a slow-motion trainwreck, ala Anna Nichole Smith. Can't stand his shows but of late, I am finding quite a bit of humor in his latest antics and rants.

Edited by 11bee

The guy has gone Bat-Poop Crazy ... :worship:

He's refusing help from family and employers because he seems to think he's above it all ...

I just hope no one innocent gets taken out in his fall ...

Gregg

When I saw a small bit of Sheen's rant earlier today, my first thought was that Gary Busey's job just gets harder and harder. He almost needs to form a sort of one-man guild to protect his particular brand of oddness from interlopers such as Sheen. I mean, does Sheen provide this kind of bizarritude entirely free? How can Busey compete with that?!

In fact, just now, I'd like to see a Gary Busey reply to Sheen's rant on Youtube. That would be epic!

Edited by Fishwelding

They're going to make him a Major for this. And he isn't even in their army any more.

Gosh, my somewhat-weak joking reference to his father just gave me a miserable thought. I hope his dad doesn't land him a "back-on-your-feet" gig in Mass Effect 3. I've got so much emotionally riding on that game right now, that if it is even slightly less than sob-inducing awesome, I'm going to be forty times crazier than Charlie is now.

Edited by terrysumner
When I saw a small bit of Sheen's rant earlier today, my first thought was that Gary Busey's job just gets harder and harder. He almost needs to form a sort of one-man guild to protect his particular brand of oddness from interlopers such as Sheen. I mean, does Sheen provide this kind of bizarritude entirely free? How can Busey compete with that?!

In fact, just now, I'd like to see a Gary Busey reply to Sheen's rant on Youtube. That would be epic!

Charlie Sheen and Gary Busey remind me of another person that has a severe problem with reality perception, and I think that his program is about to be cancelled very soon as well......

400px-Muammar_al-Gaddafi,_12th_AU_Summit,_090202-N-0506A-534_cropped.jpg

The only difference between the three is that Sheen and Busey don't have a merc force to keep reality from taking thier wonderful worlds away......

I frankly don't care what Sheen does in his off time, the sad part is that Two and a Half Men is pretty much done for.

Edited by Johnopfor
Charlie Sheen and Gary Busey remind me of another person that has a severe problem with reality perception, and I think that his program is about to be cancelled very soon as well......

400px-Muammar_al-Gaddafi,_12th_AU_Summit,_090202-N-0506A-534_cropped.jpg

The only difference between the three is that Sheen and Busey don't have a merc force to keep reality from taking thier wonderful worlds away......

I frankly don't care what Sheen does in his off time, the sad part is that Two and a Half Men is pretty much done for.

well another, sheen doesn't dress like an organ grinder, or his monkey

Is it where Sheen self destructs then Steve !!!! :thumbsup::coolio:

The Big Bang Theory is about 2 science nerd geeks that live acorss the hall from a hot young blond. There are 2 other science nerd geeks.....one being a guy from india that goes mute if there is a woman in the room....if he has a drink of alchol...then he is able to talk to women.

Here's a clip from the time Penny (the hot blond) hurt her arm and one of the nerds was helping her dress to go to the hospital......

As far as I know this is one of or possibly the most popular sitcoms on TV over here.

Ah, and here I was thinking you were referring to Mel Gibson! :taunt:

Cheers,

Andre

The Big Bang Theory is a much better TV show.

Fantastic show. I think one of the best ever. Perfectly cast, and staffed with talented writers who actually understand science, science fiction, OCD behavior, egotism, and how to bring out the humor in it all. Highly recommended.

Given its basic theme, I am surprised it even got the green light for production. The fact that it s so popular is encouraging.

Big Bang is pretty much the same show as 2 1/2 men. Considering it's produced by the same people, it's not really a surprise. The characters follow along similar lines. Charlie=Sheldon. Both are child-men, just at opposite ends of the macho spectrum. Both live in fantasy worlds where their actions and behavior have no consequences, but create havoc for all those around them. The room mate, Leonard, is the Alan analogue. He lives in Sheldon's place, has to conform to Sheldons' lifestyle and rules, and is not successful with women. Much like Alan. The other two members of the Nerd Crew are basically the kid, as they are ludicrous stereotypes and never venture outside their very basic characteristics. Jake, for example, never did much besides eat, fart, and play video games, and Howard and Rajesh never do anything outside their very limited roles. Oh yes, Rajesh is from India, so we get the basic stereotypes there, and Howard has the insane domineering mother, again, pretty basic, limited writing potential. I'm not really sure where the Penny character fits in, as she's neither Judith or the Mother, but mostly exists as the object of desire for Leonard that is unobtainable. Her major role, however, does seem to be the "normal" person to make the nerds look more pathetic.

Most of all, both shows are basically mean characters doing mean things to each other. It's crass, basic humor, filled with sexual inuendoes that are not all that funny. Big Bang basically makes fun of nerds for the entire show, and never lets up on how much they will never get anywhere, and 2 1/2 Men used the same formula. Alan was a loser, and would always be a loser, and everyone on the show never let up on it. Even his mother. The female characters on the show..wow..really? They are either ball busting psychopaths, or round-heeled children. Yeah, those are good role models.

Not a fan of either show. I found "How I met Your Mother" to be much funnier, better written and contained characters that cared for each other, yes, even Barney. While Barney is pretty much the same type of person as Charlie, he's written and played much more comically. Charlie basically shows up and spews mysoginistic garbage, and in the end, everyone loves him for it, Barney, not so much. The biggest stereotyped character on the show is Robin, the hockey playing, beer swilling Canucks fan, a stereotype I SHOULD dislike, but find funny none the less. Oh, right, it also has Allison Hannigan...umm...redhead? Oh yeah! In the end, most of the characters and situations wind up with the main cast helping each other out when the chips are down, not taking the opportunity to stand on each others' throats.

But then, that's just my spin on it. I pulled the pin on my cable last month, after years of paying over $70.00 pre month to watch what? Stupid people...doing stupid things, in stupid situations.

But I will still miss the redhead!

Alvis 3.1

both shows are basically mean characters doing mean things to each other. It's crass, basic humor, filled with sexual inuendoes
The other(s) are..ludicrous stereotypes and never venture outside their very basic characteristics.

Well, that pretty much describes the basic plot structure of every American sit-com. You have to have one or two well-developed "believable" characters with which the audience can identify, and all the supporting characters are two-dimensional comic foils. Think of "That 70s Show." Eric and Donna were the only characters with any real depth. The other kids and parents were very shallow stereotypes. "Seinfeld" was similar. Jerry's character had some depth (albeit not much) but the rest of the ensemble were simple cartoons. Both of these shows were very successful and had long runs, but even the failures follow the same formula.

I love "Big Bang" and "How I Met Your Mother" (although I've only started watching them consistently in the past couple of years.) I started regularly watching "2 1/2 Men" around the same time, but I've grown rather bored with it, for the reasons Alvis mentioned. The characters have no depth, and haven't shown any kind of growth (other than the kid's physical development) over the course of the show. I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. One of the great things about "Mother" is that the characters have actually developed and changed over the length of the show.

I remember reading once that for a sit-com the third season is the most important. Most scenarios can hold up for one or two season, but to make it over that third-season hump requires top notch writing, acting, and above all a basic situation that can maintain its integrity. I can think of a couple of shows that started strong, but pretty much self-destructed after a two or three seasons. "WKRP in Cincinnati" is one of my all time faves, but it just ran out of steam in season three. The writers had pretty much exhausted the potential of the original "underdog radio station full of quirky characters" formula, and couldn't figure out where to take the show. A similar fate befell "Northern Exposure." The "fish out of water dealing with colorful local folks" formula started to wear thin, so the writers gave the show the "Moonlighting" kiss of death: they allowed the two bickering main characters to actually get together, eliminating the "will they or won't they?" sexual tension that helped drive the show. Of course, the final nail in the coffin was when the lead character was written out after demanding more money, and replaced with another "fish out of water character."

As for Charlie, I saw some TV shrink on CNN yesterday who said his latest rants are classic hyper-manic behavior by an addict. He said they often display what's referred to as "terminal exceptionalism:" the idea that "I'm different, and I can cure myself without all your silly recovery programs." It's called "terminal" because it's often one of the final stages in the addict's meltdown, which they usually don't survive.

SN

Edited by Steve N