Full plastic 1/48 Nimitz Class Catapult Launching Decal w/ JBD

Hi Raymond,

Great effort! I appreciate this VERY much. :yahoo:

I have thought a lot about how to build a 1/48 Nimitz deck section: link

In my opinion it would be a good idea to separate the JDB as well as the launch/catapult section from the base plate. This way the builder can use those parts for his own (differently sized) base plate without cutting/butchering the kit.

In other words the kit would be more "flexible" as far as the size of the base plate is concerned.

You have announced this as a full plastic kit, but i would also like to know if the tie-downs will be engraved or separate PE parts.

again: fantastic stuff - you guys rock!

rg

Mart

A truly cool touch would be to make this large enough to include that open pit where the "shooter" sits. Have no idea how big that would make the overall kit though.

That and a few 1/48th swabbies to populate the deck, one of which would have to be in the obligatory launch position of pointing forward and touching the deck.

Agreed, Kinetic is fast becoming my favorite for having the 'nads to release something beside more WW2 Spitfires / Bf-109's / FW-190 (YAWNNNN). Gotta give props to Eduard too, they are on my short list due to high quality.

John

Completely different. Kinetic one will be all styrene (possibly with some PE parts), while Profiline is wood, resin, plastic and PE.

Oh yeah, I should have read the descriptions further.

Thanks!

hmm this will look perfect with a f-14/e-2c/f-4j with a roaring noise(supplied by modeller's vocals), some cotton wool to simulate catapult steam. you've made one sale already from me! any hope though of a 1/72 version though? It would fill up another gap in the market, since the verlinden one is long out of production, but knowing kinetic doesn't exactly make any 1/72 Navy jets.. well...

Also with the recent nice tractors from your company, we are also in need of a full complement of crew figures for these dioramas - the hasegawa and fujimi have been around for 30 years?at least, in need of fresh figures for the latest uniforms and gear outfits..

Edited by Tomcat RIO

hmm this will look perfect with a f-14/e-2c/f-4j with a roaring noise(supplied by modeller's vocals), some cotton wool to simulate catapult steam. you've made one sale already from me! any hope though of a 1/72 version though? It would fill up another gap in the market, since the verlinden one is long out of production, but knowing kinetic doesn't exactly make any 1/72 Navy jets.. well...

Also with the recent nice tractors from your company, we are also in need of a full complement of crew figures for these dioramas - the hasegawa and fujimi have been around for 30 years?at least, in need of fresh figures for the latest uniforms and gear outfits..

Yes, 1/72 is one the road. For GSE, we will have a 1/48 EPU as well as 550DN (FOD cleaner) soon.

The carrier deck will include 4 figures for catapult launch. More 1/48 USN figures will be delivered. With different dioramas product.

It just keeps getting better!.... I m already down for the pre-order of the USN base at Luckymodel..when is this pre-order starting?

I don't know if you all have thought about this, but it would also be really neat if you guys offered different carrier deck sets. I was thinking maybe just a carrier deck section where AC would be parked, and maybe an elevator, etc.. Then, if you wanted to get really creative, you could make it so that someone could combine the different sets to make "bigger" sets. Just a thought. I would be interested in a couple.

Cheers,

-Doug :)