This is my latest build that I completed after my Hornet. It’s pretty much OOB with a few details added and I remade all the lights. The lights were just not right, putting it nicely. A lot of people don’t like the Academy F-16 because of shape errors but I enjoyed building it. They did make some important changes such as the IP and its cover. There were a few challenges here and there but overall it can be built into a nice Sufa.

I used my usual Mr. Color paints although the green color in the instructions is incorrect for this aircraft but is appropriate with some of their older birds. I used mix of Mr. Color 312 and 26. I wish I could give you the exact ratio but I just kept adding 312 to the 26 until I got the shade I thought looked right. I like to give my aircraft a good weathering and for that I use MIG products along with some post airbrush shading. I also like Tamiya’s smoke and their pigments as well.

Hope you like it,

Bryan

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_8689.jpg

IMG_8697.jpg

IMG_8701.jpg

IMG_8705.jpg

IMG_8707.jpg

IMG_8718.jpg

IMG_8722-1.jpg

IMG_8735.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

Great job it looks fantastic! I do have one question. Is the Sufa even considered a lite weight fighter anymore? There is so much stuff on it! Surely, it cannot maneuver like a regular F-16 with all that stuff on it!

Thanks for all the great comments guys, very much appreciated!

As for it being a light weight fighter, I really don't know if that is the case or not. I read that the added components did create additional drag which makes it a little less agile. It does have the lasted PW engine which makes of for some of the drag but not all.

great work my friend

when u say u re did the lights what do you mean?

the lights on the intake are clear and turned to red and green only when u power up the beat correct?

:)

I should have been more specific, I did all the lights except the intake lights. And yes they are clear until they are powered up unlike the older lights.

Here is the photos of the remade lights:

IMG_8561acopy_zps4bbdd918.jpg

IMG_8574a_zpsa0eff34f.jpg

IMG_8444_zpsd82e3a06.jpg

Bryan, Every time I see this thing, I cannot help drooling allover my PC keyboard! This build is one of the Finest looking F-16 builds that my eyes have seen! Truly Amazing...I never get bored looking at this giant Viper!

Thanks my friend, your comments mean a lot...

Now, when are you planning on building one of your 32nd scale vipers???

Thanks my friend, your comments mean a lot...

Now, when are you planning on building one of your 32nd scale vipers???

Well, Honestly I have three commission builds lined up. Gov. Bentley's Inflight Red tailed Viper and two more F-16s to build. I'm wanting to start on one of my 32nd Tamiya kits after these are in the books. Thinking of doing an Ohio jet 87-222? Maybe late fall?