For CANADA FANS - 1/48 S-2A

THATS the kit I have been waiting for!!!!!!!!w00t.gif

A "CP-121" !!!!!!

Model looks nice, REAL nice but your builder has the port and starboard lights on the wrong wings. THe "tin cans" on the wing ends should be up and down not forward and aft. (see photo)

BUT!!! It still looks very buildable and I plan on getting three.

trackera37.jpg

Edited by phantom

Nice - I've been waiting for a Canadian version of this kit to possibly show up - sounds like the wait may not be much longer?

Great job

David

It shouldn't be much longer, a few months ago I had my hands on an unbuilt test-shot. I tried to run out the door with it but was stopped. :)

Yves, We have decals..Mike Belcher has some.

Brad

Doesn't he do some Resin as well? I think he has an CS2F conversion for the long-fuselage S-2E, it should mostly apply for the S-2A as well.

Alright! This is the one I've been waiting for too. While I do dig on the USN "E" version, it is the CP-121 I recall see lots of while hitting airshows in the 80s up in New England and I like that weird gray/blueish/greenish color (colour??) they had.

The version I have been waiting for, too. I am curious, though, if the DMold S-2E Corrected Forward Fuselage will be "necessary" for the S-2A. Now, I don't have the Kinetic S-2E so I don't know exactly what the shape issues are, but the DMold set for the S-2E is a multipart, complete nose starting from just behind the cockpit.

Tom

This is great, however is this just simply the existing kit with CDN markings thrown in? Or did they make the necessary changes to make it a CDN bird, namely cut molds for a shorter fuselage, as the original kit is too long. As well as other differences in the CDN birds.

This is great, however is this just simply the existing kit with CDN markings thrown in? Or did they make the necessary changes to make it a CDN bird, namely cut molds for a shorter fuselage, as the original kit is too long. As well as other differences in the CDN birds.

This is the S-2A/S2F-1 kit, so it's short fuselage. No word yet on whether it's correct for an S2F-1 or a CS2F-1, although I'd suspect the fuselage is patterned on the latter given Kinetics connections.

• 1 month later...

Alright! This is the one I've been waiting for too. While I do dig on the USN "E" version, it is the CP-121 I recall see lots of while hitting airshows in the 80s up in New England and I like that weird gray/blueish/greenish color (colour??) they had.

You can get that exact color from the Resin Shipyard. It is White Ensign Model enamel.

http://www.resinshipyard.com/pages/paint.html

You can get that exact color from the Resin Shipyard. It is White Ensign Model enamel.

http://www.resinshipyard.com/pages/paint.html

That's the navy version. I think you'll find that it's the same number, but not the same colour. I spent 10 years in the Navy and a lot of paint ship routines. That colour is nothing like what our aircraft were painted like.

hhmm just saw the decal sheet for the first time. Is it my imagination or is armées spelled wrong (too many acute accent's)? Might be just the picture.

Edited by RiderFan

Yup, they put in an extra accent on the second "E". It just needs to be trimmed from the decal. Font appears to be incorrect as well.

Edited by Colin K