Kitty Hawk 1/48 UH-1Y Venom

• 3 weeks later...

I like aircraft/armor used during the Vietnam War, so I'd be interested in a Huey that was used with the Air Cav units during that time. Would that be the UH-1D primarily?

Thanks

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

I like aircraft/armor used during the Vietnam War, so I'd be interested in a Huey that was used with the Air Cav units during that time. Would that be the UH-1D primarily?

UH-1D models were used initially. By '67-'68, they were being upgraded to UH-1H models. From about '68 onward, they were all UH-1Hs.

UH-1D models were used initially. By '67-'68, they were being upgraded to UH-1H models. From about '68 onward, they were all UH-1Hs.

Then that would be my vote for KH to produce for us.

Thanks

Brad

Sorry, I meant 1/48 scale actually.

Brad

My bad, it was just in jest. Agreed, on a 48th scale Huey as well. Not my scale of choice but there isn't much out there currently. Hope we both get something in the near future!

Hi

Good day today, just received a box of the Venom

000b_zps1st7qrlp.jpg

I already had the Viper, I can now start some figures to go along.

the inside looks very nice, these new boxes are a step ahead from the SA-365 and from the SH-2F IMHO

My thanks to Floyd, and all that were involved in this projet.

I'm very happy with the increasing quality of Kittyhawk products, and yes, with this quality, they can step to 1/35 projects...

1/48 is also fine for me.

got also this palet today

64b3991d-d2f1-4a65-9f27-3bd41171ccba_zpsu1eahp2p.jpg

with a well protected machine inside...

Norbert

We need a 1/35 UH-1D......

too soon? :P/>

Yes, too soon. And I know you all want a little gem à la Tamiya.

That means drawing collection and measurements on real airframes is the first step that should be done properly...

and the closest hueys from me are in Germany, Italy and Spain.

I think some americans knows much more than myself on the subject, so I'm like you, let them work in the shadow and hope something comes.

however, showing the interest helps certainly.

Norbert

Yes, too soon. And I know you all want a little gem à la Tamiya.

That means drawing collection and measurements on real airframes is the first step that should be done properly...

and the closest hueys from me are in Germany, Italy and Spain.

I think some americans knows much more than myself on the subject, so I'm like you, let them work in the shadow and hope something comes.

however, showing the interest helps certainly.

Norbert

Hmm, wonder where we could find an American obsessed with Hueys? If I thyink of someone, I'll let you know!

Ray

Does anyone have any idea when the UH-1Y will be available in the US?

Yes I picked up mine today direct from Kitty Hawk. The distributors should have them out by the end of the month.

I can say this they are beautiful. I didn't have time to look at them in depth because of work commitments in Baltimore. I'm a cop, watch the news. Hopefully I'll get a good look tomorrow. You will not be disappointed. Another great kit. Now we need that UH-1D/H and AH-1G.

Floyd

Yes I picked up mine today direct from Kitty Hawk. The distributors should have them out by the end of the month.

I can say this they are beautiful. I didn't have time to look at them in depth because of work commitments in Baltimore. I'm a cop, watch the news. Hopefully I'll get a good look tomorrow. You will not be disappointed. Another great kit. Now we need that UH-1D/H and AH-1G.

Floyd

Thanks Floyd

I didn't have time to look at them in depth because of work commitments in Baltimore. I'm a cop, watch the news.

I don't envy you Floyd. I hope you're well and safe. Thanks for taking the time to post about the model, I look forward to seeing you tackle it.