Famous modeling quotes

Invariably comes up when new kits are announced

"Why do we need YET ANOTHER BF-109 when (insert obscure aircraft here) has never been kitted?"

... just as invariably followed by "Why a kit of such an obscure aircraft? I've never even heard of it!" when a company releases something off the beaten path. :)

Cheers,

Andre

"They were offered numerous times help from the guys who know but preferred to screw up the job".

Don't forget the following parts of this kind of rant, all famous quotes too :whistle:

2nd part a.k.a: the Pledge.

after kit 's release,

"Oh god, I saw this kit, it's unbuildable, you'd better use the (out-of-stock) Monogram kit, it's a better basis" a.k.a you'll had to purchase hundred of dollars of resin parts & PE & decals, scribe panel lines...

3rd part a.k.a: the non-Turn.

when first builds appear on boards.

"Oh god, look at these nose/tail, it's all wrong (with usual side-by-side with real plane photos),

You'd better use the (out of stock)Monogram kit, it's a better basis"

4rth and final part a.k.a: The Prestige.

"Don't worry, I will release correction parts for this kit".

In magazines:

'As usual, construction starts with the cockpit...' (yawn)

'We all know how this kit goes together, so I won't waste time describing construction and will get straight to the weathering.' (I.e. Writing is boring, and I really can't be bothered...)

And, bizarrely many times in decal reviews in SAM under the recently departed editor:

'These decals are printed very nicely but there is quite a lot of opaque film surrounding them.' (Time to consult a dictionary :) )

OUCH!

Honey, I don't get it. Those are just toys.

Of course it's accurate... I was there. Unfortunately, the only photo I had of it was still in my camera when it was stolen.

believe it or not, I really had this problem with my H-43 Pedro.

Where did you find that model? or Where did you find a model of that?

Hey Hon,,,, what's the number for 911?

I do this to relax. WHY THE H*&^% DO YOU THINK?