1/48 Kinetic Model Su-33

One thing is to point omissions / errors in a constructive manner other is speaking about "fatal" errors.

I get the feeling of an endless search for pointing out flaws without search, confirm and reconfirm first.

B.sin was being very sarcastic.

one thing i've learn over the years, is that you can't rely on drawings... most have errors or mistakes at some point. (i've looked at hundreds and hundreds aircraft drawings, some are reliable... but they are hard to find... so i only used them once i have photo evidences that they are accurate)

...i know that the above drawings where showing the line of the radar hatch, which is right. ...and that the 3D rendering didn't...

but it is of public notoriety that manufacturer often shows incomplete or intentionally erroneous 3d renderings... (tanmodel F-5 is the first example that comes to my mind)

so i wouldn't guess that a model will have mistakes, based on 3D renderings shown by manufacturer (unless they are shown for debugging purpose, like AMK did)

Just one more enquiry from me; do ya think it would be possible to take advantage of the new Kinetics Su-33 to get a finally accurate Academy Su-27, cuttin' 'n' gluein' together these two kits...? :rofl:

Fourth time 'em charm now, Berkut, bloke...? ---> :rolleyes: <--- Had ya been born an eagle, me thinks we'd have all easily recognised ya for bein' 'bout the only specimen in the rapacious species to shake yer bloody head while flyin'... :doh:

There is no such thing as a Su-27B !!!

It is either Su-27 Flanker-B or Su-27UB Flanker-C (the Flanker bit is the ASIG [NATO] Reporting Name).

:blink: Oh? Awlrighty then, Kenny, sir... Please, apologise my insistin' on it.

Er, yeah, fixed my bit. It's not mine, Officer -it belongs to Uncool, that guy over there...well, he was there a moment ago...

:woot.gif:Ya bloody snitch! I ain't fixin' my bit, tho,

In that case, what parts you would you use?

Well, me sees a lot of areas in the fuselage which could be cut off from the Su-33 kit 'n' grafted onto the Academy kit after cuttin' off those same areas on it, of course. Could figure I'd be able to fix that 1.6cm difference in lenght on the Academy kit which bugged me ever since buyin' that one.

Think I'd have to ditch both the Fairy-Hobby windshield/canopy as well as the Miniarm nose cone corrections, but then again, I think I could as well get to use those in the Su-33 kit.

One thing o' concern to me would be the engine shrouds, intakes 'n' wings, but guess I won't be able to judge that 'til I have the Su-33 kit on the bench.

I'm optimistic 'bout the kitbash; yeh, me is.

If it were me, I'd be patient to see if a new Su-27 will be announced instead of sacrificing a brand new, state of the art kit. If not from Kinetic, then probably from Great Wall (which I feel will be the most likely candidate). If not from Great Wall, then from somebody else. The new kit might even have a pilot!

Well, to be honest with ye, it strikes me as very odd that AA/Kinetic had chosen to start out with the releasement of a Su-33 instead of a Su-27 Flanker B (Yeh, Kenny; yeh...!!!) :lol: Can't wait to have a correct replica of the Flanker B.

Don't they say good things come to those who wait? Like Meng's new F-106.

Yeh, but Meng's kit ain't in my scale anyways... :P

Edited by Uncle Uncool

Just one more enquiry from me; do ya think it would be possible to take advantage of the new Kinetics Su-33 to get a finally accurate Academy Su-27, cuttin' 'n' gluein' together these two kits...? :rofl:/>/>

Fourth time 'em charm now, Berkut, bloke...? ---> :rolleyes:/>/> <--- Had ya been born an eagle, me thinks we'd have all easily recognised ya for bein' 'bout the only specimen in the rapacious species to shake yer bloody head while flyin'... :doh:/>/>

:blink:/>/> Oh? Awlrighty then, Kenny, sir... Please, apologise my insistin' on it.

:woot.gif:/>/> Ya bloody snitch! I ain't fixin' my bit, tho,

Well, me sees a lot of areas in the fuselage which could be cut off from the Su-33 kit 'n' grafted onto the Academy kit after cuttin' off those same areas on it, of course. Could figure I'd be able to fix that 1.6cm difference in lenght on the Academy kit which bugged me ever since buyin' that one.

Think I'd have to ditch both the Fairy-Hobby windshield/canopy as well as the Miniarm nose cone corrections, but then again, I think I could as well get to use those in the Su-33 kit.

One thing o' concern to me would be the engine shrouds, intakes 'n' wings, but guess I won't be able to judge that 'til I have the Su-33 kit on the bench.

I'm optimistic 'bout the kitbash; yeh, me is.

Well, to be honest with ye, it strikes me as very odd that AA/Kinetic had chosen to start out with the releasement of a Su-33 instead of a Su-27 Flanker B (Yeh, Kenny; yeh...!!!) :lol:/>/> Can't wait to have a correct replica of the Flanker B.

Yeh, but Meng's kit ain't in my scale anyways... :P/>/>

Unc,

Ahmen.

it in the scope of the project, our effort would be best spent on wait a bit more on a release of an Su-27 soon enough.

P.S. One of my favorite Offspring songs.

Thank you.

Edited by Wayfarer 30

it in the scope of the project, our effort would be best spent on wait a bit more on a release of an Su-27 soon enough.

Yeh, perhaps waitin' for some manufacturer to release a 1/48th scale Su-27 soon were whut any normal modeller would do; thing is I don't know how much of a normal modeller I am. :lol:

Seriously, me thinks I became a tad obsessed 'bout buildin' an accurate Flanker -B-. I've already resorted to buyin' the awful Zhengdefu kit (which brings the wings separated from the fuselage), to try 'n' do as the Supergru fella had done on this forum some years ago, that is, enlargin' the lenght in the Academy kit fuselage 16mm.

The enlargement involved a lot of cuts to be done not only on the fusalage, but also on the wings, engine nacelles to then findin' out that the engine shrouds needed cuttin' too... :wacko:

P.S. One of my favorite Offspring songs.

Indeed! That was one of the band's greatest albums. Unfortunately, I don't quite know where the hell they aimed at with the releasement of Americana. I was given that album as a birthday gift 'n' ended up usin' it as a coaster for my drinks.

Tried usin' it to slice pizza, but it didn't work. :(

Yeh, it didn't.

Has anyone here actually pre-ordered the Su-33 from Luckymodel yet? Or should I wait another couple weeks to see if there are holiday specials?

I'm thinking about doing it soon just in case they get rammed and it's not available (it's happened to an item I wanted to pre-order on HLJ and now they won't accept anymore until after the item is released).

Has anyone here actually pre-ordered the Su-33 from Luckymodel yet? Or should I wait another couple weeks to see if there are holiday specials?

I'm thinking about doing it soon just in case they get rammed and it's not available (it's happened to an item I wanted to pre-order on HLJ and now they won't accept anymore until after the item is released).

i have preordered 2 kinetic 1/48 Su-33, and there is already a "early holiday special" sale at LM till the end of Nov. i've got 15% off my 2 kits70.gif (but have to use "surface mail" option because of shipping charge explosion otherwise when buying 2 of these...)

Edited by mingwin

Given that Lucky Model are essentially the manufacturer of the kit, that's not really going to be an issue.

So I see that those old SOL Su-33 conversions showing up on ebay. Good luck with that. I was interested in getting one for years but could never get one. Good things come to those who wait and as far as I know I have been extremely good :yahoo: By that I mean the Kinetic kit is becoming available. No I do not want that SOL thing.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SOL-1-48-SU-33-CONVERSION-KIT-FOR-ACADEMY-KIT-/281852606310?hash=item419fb97766:g:BX8AAOSwAYtWQQWx

Dodged that bullet :)/>/>/>

Edited by skyhawk174

So I see that those old SOL Su-33 conversions showing up on ebay. Good luck with that. I was interested in getting one for years but could never get one. Good things come to those who wait and as far as I know I have been extremely good yahoo.gif By that I mean the Kinetic kit is becoming available. No I do not want that SOL thing.

http://www.ebay.ca/i...X8AAOSwAYtWQQWx

Dodged that bullet smile.gif/>/>/>

$85 + S&H? and you still need an Academy kit which although it's cheap, you still need plenty of other resin to bring it up to scratch. I think you'd be able to buy two Kinetic's Su-33 for the same money. :rolleyes:/>