1/48 Kinetic Model Su-33

Nice pics, Ken. Is that an operational aircraft, or just a hangar queen used for ground exhibition only? I am thinking about the overspray on the engines and landing gears, the worn down tires and the disconnected emergency air bottle.

/E

I think it a hangar queen that they wheel out every now and then for the MAKS airshow.

The last time I saw it was in 2007 - when it was attracting a lot of attention from a Chinese delegation!!......

day03_037.jpg

The first time I saw it was in the flying display - piloted by Viktor Pugachev.

He landed and fast taxied down the runway - then he did a 360deg turn on the runway - and came out of the turn with everything folded up !! such a showman.

It was also there in 2005....

day_04_44.jpg

Ken

For anyone interested, LuckyModel is running a special with 10 percent off when you purchase over $60. That expires Dec. 31. Plus a flat $2 international shipping but that expires Dec. 18, which by my clock is tomorrow. And, of course, you won't see your box for 6 months. But as I figured it, I got 2 1/48 new tool modern jets including the Su-33, and 2 1/48 new tool WWII fighters for $140 and change, including shipping. Not a fire sale bargain, but still a good deal. I think I've got a few kits to keep me busy till they arrive.

yeah, still shows as "item not found"

The the post offices in HK are usually overwhelmed (and this month even more so I'd expect) so it takes some time for the item to get processed and show up on tracking.

Edited by ijozic

I thought I heard/read somewhere that when shipping by ground/sea they have to wait for the shipping container to be full before they put it on the ship(?) This could take a week or so to do, perhaps? So if your kits from HK are sitting in a half filled container at the dock, it may take a week or so to ship it(?)

Can anyone confirm this, or is this just a rumor....

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

hmm Kinetic sent me a tracking number when they shipped out a few days ago.. but none of the tracking sites seem to be able to recognize it.

anyone else have this prob?

Never got a working tracking number from LM but always received goods. Don't worry.

I thought I heard/read somewhere that when shipping by ground/sea they have to wait for the shipping container to be full before they put it on the ship(?) This could take a week or so to do, perhaps? So if your kits from HK are sitting in a half filled container at the dock, it may take a week or so to ship it(?)

Can anyone confirm this, or is this just a rumor....

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

From the HK post page, the ground/sea mail seems to be not depend on if it's full but rather a date. There's a pdf on the site with the schedule for each destination country and the deathline for posting to make it in time for the each dispatch, or it'll have to wait for the next one a week or two or a month later depending on how often they dispatch them.

http://www.hongkongp...ates/index.html

Edited by Inquisitor

Nice! Did you get tracking? Mine said it shipped on the 15th and tracking hasn't updated since...I hope it shows up before X-Mas morning!

It was shipped with tracking because it is mandatory for Italy, but not checked as I never found a working way to do so with LM parcel; never lost a parcel but I would not believe possible to have it in just 9 days...

The kit itself is a jewel :woot.gif:

Edited by Andrea Bolla

Mine arrived yesterday! It's a very impressive kit. It looks very accurate too. The tooling is the same quality as the GWH Mig-29. If you've seen the Mig-29 then you know what I mean. One piece missles and burner cans. Slide mold technology? Comes with a PE fret (very delicate! Reminds of White Ensign if you know anything about ship PE) and Cartagraph print decals. Color me impressed!