How did you meet your spouse

I have met her at a few times before at concerts but never had any contact with here before... until some 3.5 years ago, when we first talked to eachother at a Sabaton concert. I was in a bad relationship at the time, but a few months later, I was not, and I bumped into her at Rammstein concert and asked her out...

We were both stationed at Little Rock A.F.B. in 1976, I arrived there in 1975 after my second year in S.E.A. and she had just arrived from her Tech School and was trying to learn her job as Crew Chief on a C-130.

One night on a mid shift a call came through to go to the base lake and check on a large gathering at the base lake that had been reported from base housing. A second two man patrol was sent along just in case amd I imagine at least one other Law Enforcement vehicle would just happen to be in the area just by luck. We pulled in and you could see from the expression that we were not welcome. That's the normal reaction.

We got out and started to talk to the people and found out that they were aircraft maint. people that had just gotten off work and decided to have a get together at the lake. Their mistake was they forgot to let us know. I told them this and it was because of it that we had to respond to see what was happening.

While I was talking, I noticed a girl was popping up all over the place and watching us. I went through the crowd and eventually caught up with her. When I ask what she was doing I finally found out that she was trying to avoid us because we were armed. it turns out that she was afraid of guns becaaaaaaause of an incident when she was in high school.

Meanwhile the crowd started leaving as well as our backup. I tried to explain that there was no reason to be afraid of us and I was surprised that she was even talking to me because most squadrons had no love for us and avoided us like the plague.

Eventually only the three of us were left and because she left her car at the barracks, we had to give her a ride home. I got behind the truck's wheel and my partner persuaded her to get in, and her took the other end of the seat. Now she was really nervous, she is sitting between two armed guys and has a 12 ga. shotgun mounted in front of her knees. She is tense and stiff. I called in what we were doing and gave the milage and started to leave the lake parking lot. I hit a bump and her hand fell and landed on my weapon and she acted like she was ready to crawl out of the cab window. We thought it was sort of funny, she didn't, but calmed down in a couple minutes.

During the next couple months we would bump into each other a few times on duty at during our brakes and eventually we started dating. She soon lost some friends because of what I was, but the following year we got married. By that time I had been transferred to Northern maine and had to fly down for the wedding and leave the next day. I managed to get sent back to Little Rock, helped along by a mistake the A.F. made and a very nice woman in S.A.C. H.Q. personnel office.

We were married in 1977 and still are.

We met in the late eighties whilst playing Indoor Cricket ( big in Oz in the 80's & 90's). I also used to umpire a couple of nights a week for extra cash and regularly got ladies games she was playing in. Anyway after a couple of years of chasing each other around we married in '93. We will be "celebrating" 23 years of mutual tolerance this year.

"mutual tolerance",,,,,,,,that is a good line.

We met on an internet dating site. She had just broken up with her husband, and joined a couple of months after I did. Being cute, she kept getting hit on by the "free trial wonders" that come and go in 1-2 days on those sites.

We chatted in the private section of the chat room on that site, along with some of the other "regulars" on there. We could set up private chat rooms on there and then PM the password to get into the room. A group of us did that so that we could talk to each and have normal convos.

She met and dated a few different guys on there, while I was meeting and dating or deciding never to date "that gal" again on there.

After 9 or 10 months, we finally met in person while she was traveling to meet her then current boyfriend. I had already asked her out and was very nicely told that I "wasn't her type". After when had known each other about 2 years, we actually met up with some actual free time. We were in that place where we were both not dating anyone at the same time. Anyone with friends of the opposite sex knows that the cycles of dating someone/not dating someone rarely line up, haha.

So, now we have been friends for over 14 years, and have been together for over 12. We've met some of each other's dates/boyfriends/girlfriends from back then, and have attended two other weddings of those folks. We used to host our own site for some of our friends, to give us all a haven from the public dating site.

Now today, she keeps in touch with some of those folks on Facebook, and I have a few that I write to and phone with now and then. (yes, write to, with a stamp and stuff)

She's a real pain at model shows, always picking up a bargain, holding it in the air,,,,,,,,and asking if I have one of these yet. ("no hun, I don't have that Spitfire, and don't want one, even if it is only Five Dollars") Some of the Navair vendor types know her as well as they know me. We've been to two Nats together, and dozens of smaller shows, and this weekend will be the first time I have been to a Nats without her along. She's going to NY for a funeral, and told me not to cancel my SC trip, because we are big kids now and we can drive in two different directions on the same weekend.

In a nightclub, she was standing with a big bloke by the mixing desk (who I figured was her BF) and came over and asked me to dance. I was concerned her BF might not be pleased, but a risk taker in these things. I can't dance for sh*t, but we did :D

We then met a few weeks later in another bar. I was supposed to take another girl, but I wasn't making much progress there ;) so decided to go alone. Have been together ever since, married 27 yrs.

The BF turned out to be her brother.

The other girl was not all that pleased , but ended up marrying someone much better suited (I ran into her in a park in the middle of nowhere in outback Australia about 20yrs later).

i wont talk about my first marriage, i was a horny 26 year old idiot then and the result was fitting...

met my second wife at a bar (i´ll spare you the details), found out she was married and had allready three kids. well that didnt hold us back. we raised these three and had another daughter. still doing the parents thing for ages 20/20 (twins) and 10. love of my life for 19 years now, even if she is a very difficult person, but so am i (i have been told, i dont have a problem with me)

We had met a couple of times at a local hockey rink. Her mom and my mom were nurses in the Emergency Room at the same hospital. Her brother and I played hockey at the same arena in different divisions. He's two years older but there were times that he played right after our games ended so our moms would sit together in the stands and talk so I would end up sitting near Teri.

About six or seven years later, I met a girl who, unknown to me, was a friend of Teri's. They went to high school together, worked together and partied together. Susan was a nursing student and I was working as a janitor in a hospital. We became good friends; strictly platonic. I got to meet her parents, Don and Lise, and they were very nice people. Heck, they still are. Don was in the RCAF and flew CF-100s among other aircraft. We became good friends. Susan had been trying to set me up with any one of her girlfriends for the longest time. One afternoon, Susan and a bunch of friends were going out for drinks (happy hour and two for one specials were in vogue at the time) and she invited me along. Not being a really big drinker, I indulged. Teri was one of the gang that went. After about 90 minutes, I sort of regretted my decision and said my goodbyes, all the while thinking, "What a bunch of effing a-holes!"

During this time, Susan had met and married a guy from Australia and ended up moving there. They came back to Canada a few years later (1986) for Christmas. As I had become good friends with Susan's parents, Susan invited me to her parent's home shortly after New Year's Day. She had invited Teri to her parent's home as well. Very sneaky. We had dinner and were chatting around the dinner table afterwards. Teri was much more reserved than during our last encounter at Stony Monday's. I got her phone number and asked her out. And the rest, as they say, is history. We got married on 15 October 1988 and will be celebrating 28 years in October.

My first job in High School was at a nearby movie theater. Got to know the projectionist when they were required to be an actual grown adult that was a union member. Fast forward about 6 years and my friend opened his own theater in my small town (at the time). I worked off and on for him for a few years and one summer he hired this well endowed cute blonde that was at home for summer break. I asked her out a couple of times, but kept getting the cold shoulder. I had a personal thing going back then, three strikes and you're out! Lucky for her (yea, right) she said yes the third time since she was at home on fall break and bored. Found out later she said no the first two times because she prefers to spend time with family when home from school. After our second date, I bought her 1/2 carat diamond earrings. I knew she was the one. Been married now for almost 28 years with 4 great kids.