F-4G Spang Euro 1 'Wild Weasel'

Greetings All

I'd like to share some photos of my latest project, hot off the bench.

Like last time with the AV-8B, I've kept a detailed photo diary of the build which can be found here

For those with slow internet access please be aware this build page contains just over 100 images.

If you'd like to see more photos of the finished model, these can be found via my website (scalespot.com) in the Gallery section.

As always, feedback welcome.

cheers

Gary

f4g001.jpg

f4g002.jpg

f4g004.jpg

f4g007.jpg

f4g010.jpg

f4g012.jpg

f4g016.jpg

f4g017.jpg

I checked this build out on your website today, magnificent work! I have this kit in the stash and will refer to you build article when the time comes. I especially like your post shading technique :(

Keep 'em coming Gary! :soapbox::angry:

:(

Ray

Edited by Aussie747

WOW! :rofl: ;) I have been watching this build on your Web site for some time and the results are stunning! You make it look so simple. A great learning experience for me, and others as well - thanks for sharing!

What's next??

:D

Edited by Woodman

Gary, another masterpiece!

I loved your build up report. Thanks for posting that online for us to see.

I do have one question for you. How do you do your post-fading? Do you add white to whatever color you're using? Whatever technique you use sure looks awesome.

Charles

Greetings All

I'd like to share some photos of my latest project, hot off the bench.

Like last time with the AV-8B, I've kept a detailed photo diary of the build which can be found here

For those with slow internet access please be aware this build page contains just over 100 images.

If you'd like to see more photos of the finished model, these can be found via my website (scalespot.com) in the Gallery section.

As always, feedback welcome.

cheers

Gary

f4g001.jpg

f4g002.jpg

f4g004.jpg

f4g007.jpg

f4g010.jpg

f4g012.jpg

f4g016.jpg

f4g017.jpg

i visited your site but most of the links of the gallery didnt work.please restore them so i can see your fabulus work

thanks

Gary I was watchin your build at your web-site!

Wonderful job!

You have inspired me to build my weasel. And thanks for the comments on Airdoc decals. I was going to buy one.... now I will look for alternatives...

How did you fix the decal silvering issue in the end ?

Skii

For the worst of the silvering I ended up removing the decals (mainly the No Steps on the tail). For the ones that were obvious but not completely silvered I attempted to hide them using oil washes (only partially successfully I might add). For the mildly silvered decals (like the stars and bars on the starboard Fuselage) I decided to live with it.

I don't want people to think I was bagging the AirDoc decals. They appear to be well researched and clearly printed, and Cartograph certainly have a good name. Its just as likely my surface preparation was not upto scratch, however having said that, I used exactly the same technique as normal and the amount of silvering was significant.

Actually thinking about it now, all the decals that silvered came from the Stencil sheet.

Perhaps I got a dud.

cheers

Gary

What's next??

I'm currently working on a 1/144 RAAF Wedgetail AEW&C conversion from Hawkeye Models. This uses the Revell 737-800 as the base.

You can check out my progress here. I try to update each time I make significant progress (normally weekly).

I also received yesterday the Leading Edge RAAF 20th Anniversary decals and may be inspired to have a crack at those :sunrevolves:

cheers

Gary

Hi there Gary

That 'Weasel is simply stunning! I have the same kit on the bench now, doing it for a work mate of mine. I made the "mistake of showing him your website, I now have a lot to live up to! :crying:

It's interesting looking at your approach, as I've followed a very similar one - i.e adding extra detail to the seats and 'pit using plastic and wire rather than replacing items with resin and brass. It' almost gives me a sense of deja vu!

Well done mate, if mine comes out half as good I'll be very happy!

Cheers from NZ

Mike