The room is reserved, and the airline ticket is now purchased. Ice down those Coronas, fellas.....;)

Oh, and a little tip: book your airfare now. Unlike previous seasons, I don't think you're going to see any kind of savings by waiting. In fact, I booked my ticket last week just before the fares went up by about $20, and from what I saw on the news the other night, fares will continue to rise through the spring into the summer. They always say that the best rates are to be had when booking 60 days prior to your flight, but I wouldn't put much faith in that right now.

• 4 weeks later...

:D I will be there. I live in Kansas City so I have a 10 min drive :rolleyes: I plan on putting a F-15 ASAT that I got 1st on last year at the Kansas City IPMS into this show. I also will be working on a 1/48 scaled F-15 ASAT and will hopefully have it in there

Cant wait to be there!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sabre, I am sorry to hear you wont be attending,but you can bet your bottom dollar Ill be toasting one to you........I will be there since I live in Lees Summit,not to far of a drive for me......Cant wait to see everyone there......Not bringing anything this time, but cant wait to see the rest of my fellow ARC'ers work.....See you all there!! :blink:

I'm sad to say that I won't be attending this year after all :thumbsup:

Lacking vacation days and time, I'll have to wait until the Nats come to me next year. Hopefully by then I'll have something to enter...

To those who are attending have a great time and take lots of pictures! Particularly the 1/32 jet category! Especially any 1/32 Flankers!

And have a cold one for me :D

Mandie and I may or may not make it. Her employer is being a complete <exletive deleted> about approving the time off. I've got the time off, but can't afford to go alone. If we do go, we may end up flying due to the time constraints. Ironic, since this is the closest the Nats have been to me in years!

SN

Don't feel all alone, Steve cause it looks like Theresa and I will not make it either. The kid is home on leave right up to that weekend. Considering this is his last leave before deploying to the sandbox, guess you know where we will be.

We should see y'all at the Kzoo contest.

Dave

Things are looking better me attending now..we're doing contract talks at work now...doubt I'll try to finish anything for the contest....I might be carpooling with someone from my club and I know he wants to enter...all we have to do is get him a hotel room close...I've allready booked mine...

Very good...

I won't be there this year (maybe next) but have an interesting link for you....

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/ref/bn/book_bn_paper.shtml

:nanner:

Harald

well I will make it official - I cannot make it due to recent and future family and financial issues. Kelly bent way over backward to try and help make it happen for me, and I am truly appreciative of his efforts. I am sure the KC crew will put on a bang-up job.

Have a few brews for me guys

I will be cancelling my hotel reservation, so if anyone needs a room, one may become available for you

Don't feel all alone, Steve cause it looks like Theresa and I will not make it either. The kid is home on leave right up to that weekend. Considering this is his last leave before deploying to the sandbox, guess you know where we will be.

We should see y'all at the Kzoo contest.

Dave

Sorry to hear you won't make it, Dave. Looks like we'll be going after all..Mandie got her emloyer to approve the time off. We'll be flying in on Tuesday, and heading back on Sunday. Going by air is the only real option, since she's gotta be at work Monday morning. Besides, when you add up gas prices, plus food and lodging on the road, flying is actually cheaper. We'll drive as far as my sister's place in Chicago, and she can provide transport to and from O'Hare.

SN

Edited by Steve N

Hey guys,

As some of you may already know, I won't be attending this year, because I just got married a few weeks ago so I'm a little short of cash. ;) It all went to my wedding expenses. I'm already looking forward to the 2007 NATS when it makes it's way here in OC CA. It will be in my own backyard so to speak, because I'll just be 10 minutes away from the convention.

Anyways, I hope ya'll have a great time, drink LOTS of beer and take LOTS of pix for the rest of the world to see. For those of you entering, I wish ya'll the luck in the contest room. For you 1/48 jet builders out there, look out for Darren McTee, Randy in Texas and Richard Van Zant. These guys are GOOD! :D

Have fun

:blink:

The Virus

Edited by Cyrus Tan

Wow, great to be going again. With the price of gas, it's going to be actually cheaper for us to fly than to drive. And I won't have to worry about traffic. But whoa, only a month to go, so little time, so much to do.

Dave, I'm sorry you and Teresa won't be able to make it, however, you have a wonderful reason. I found oiut today that my son will be going to the USAF instead of the ANG. I'm very happy and proud, he is a wonderful young man. I very pleased he'll be getting out of the armpit of the mid west,Terre Haute, Indiana.

Looking forward to see you guys in KC.

mandie :worship:

I've just bought my plane ticket.....I'll be flying in on Tuesday evening and flying out early Sunday.

I'm looking forward to it.

Steve Bamford

ARC Night Shift

I've just bought my plane ticket.....I'll be flying in on Tuesday evening and flying out early Sunday.

I'm looking forward to it.

Steve Bamford

ARC Night Shift

I'll be flying in with my mom on Aug 2 at about 12 Noon, and then flying out around 12 Noon on Sunday.

Say...anyone know a place/places where my mom might be interested in going? :blink:

Check our "Wifes and Kids Club" on our website, there is plenty for her to do: http://www.ipmsusa2006.org/WifesClub.php

You know Kelly......your wife has set up a very good thing here......if I didn't live so far away I'd bring my wife and daughters.....your wife and the other ladies in the team have done good!!! :thumbsup::banana:

Steve Bamford